Are Nigerians born in Chicago?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Why is the Media calling the two men implicated in the Smollet Hoax Nigerians?

According to Newser, they were born in Chicago. If they were born in Chicago...they are Americans.

Is this intentional? A way to convey to the public that they are black without invoking the term African-American?

I mean, it does seem odd...Isn't it racist to automatically assume a person with a Nigerian sounding name and family in Nigeria is not an American? I have a Dutch surname...if I go to Amsterdam to visit family, would the MSM call me Dutch? Not a chance.

Since the liberal MSM can't be trusted, even if this is an honest mistake, suspicion swirls regardless. In the age of agenda driven media, nothing can me assumed to be innocuous.

The two brothers arrested last week in connection with the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett broke their silence with a statement Monday—but they didn't address reports that the Empire actor orchestrated the attack. "We are not racist. We are not homophobic and we are not anti-Trump," Ola and Abel Osundairo told CBS 2. "We were born and raised in Chicago and are American citizens," said the brothers, who were described as Nigerian in earlier reports. Smollett told police that he was attacked in Chicago last month by two men who shouted racist and homophobic insults before putting a rope around his neck and yelling: "This is MAGA country."

Report: Jussie Smollett 'Paid $3.5K for Attack'

Last edited:
Why is the Media calling the two men implicated in the Smollet Hoax Nigerians?

According to Newser, they were born in Chicago. If they were born in Chicago...they are Americans.

Is this intentional? A way to convey to the public that they are black without invoking the term African-American?

I mean, it does seem odd...Isn't it racist to automatically assume a person with a Nigerian sounding name and family in Nigeria is not an American? I have a Dutch surname...if I go to Amsterdam to visit family, would the MSM call me Dutch? Not a chance.

Since the liberal MSM can't be trusted, even if this is an honest mistake, suspicion swirls regardless. In the age of agenda driven media, nothing can me assumed to be innocuous.

The two brothers arrested last week in connection with the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett broke their silence with a statement Monday—but they didn't address reports that the Empire actor orchestrated the attack. "We are not racist. We are not homophobic and we are not anti-Trump," Ola and Abel Osundairo told CBS 2. "We were born and raised in Chicago and are American citizens," said the brothers, who were described as Nigerian in earlier reports. Smollett told police that he was attacked in Chicago last month by two men who shouted racist and homophobic insults before putting a rope around his neck and yelling: "This is MAGA country."

Report: Jussie Smollett 'Paid $3.5K for Attack'
That was an excellent catch! Good job, Missourian.

Forum List

Back