Are native americans similar to Palestinians, yes or no, and why?

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by actsnoblemartin, Apr 17, 2007.

1. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    The reason, i made this post, was because my other post, got off topic, and I like when topics stay on topic :)

2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    I believe that we can find lessons in the hisotric record of human behaviour that will allow us to understand current events beyond rhetorical talking points and an aversion to that which seems to weaken the arguement we personally side with.

I would argue that the same type of violent reaction to percieved persicution could be found in Ireland, South America, South Africa, North America and others. I would rather consider the historic reality, even if it undermines the team jersey, rather than ignore it and be doomed to repeat another Trail of Tears solution to cultural conflict.

ANYONE who thinks that Pals and Natives cant be compared please let me know how you would react to the formation of Atzlan in the AMERICAN southwest...

I am betting that validating a 5000 year old claim to Israel all of a sudden is inconvenient when faced with the reality of a North American indegenous population hellbent of creating their own version of a nation like Israel.

[​IMG]

3. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Being part Indian myself (seems everyone claims that these days) But our tree goes back to Quanah Parker. I’m thinking who knew? I didn't for a long time. Well see the Indians were doing fine until the white man corrupted them with Liquor. Now had the Jews introduced the PALs to something mind altering or additive drug then maybe we’d see it in another way. My post might not make sense but all indigenous people have fallen to the white man around the world. So I can’t say we couldn't really compare the Native Americans to PAL folk.

4. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Thank you for input on a sensitive subject.

Thank you for input that is not ad hominem tripe...

and I agree, seems like everyone claims Native blood and, somehow, related to jesse James and someone who signed the Decleration of Independance....

5. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I was being serious of sorts here. See the PAL are all bent out of shape over land, as should be the indians. The indians got a really bad deal throught out history. Haven't all races been given a bad deal throughtout time? PAL folk have started a war over territory, but given the history here it won't ever change because of the deep seated hatred.

6. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    I do not mean to sound critical of your input.. I do appriciate various opinions that are not merely jabs at motivations.

I understand the deep seated hatred and am betting the scotts felt the same about the brits and the native americans felt the same about the white man.

Do you think that this hatred can ever become something else given the correct motivation?

7. roomy

roomy The Natural

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +950
    This is for an essay you are doing in school isn't it? You should have said so, what do you want to know?

8. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Every race in the world has had to deal with, slavery, discrimination, being pushed from their native lands, and hatred. This situation isn't unique and because it has such a long history this very question will be asked until the end of time. It doesn't really need some in-depth answer of to be dissected to get that one good answer.

9. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    the palestinians, generally speaking, along with some other arab nations want to kill all the jews of israel, and wipe israel off the map. Europeans had no historical claim to the u.s.a., when they came here, the jews did, as do christians by the way. The native americans were fighting for survival, not to kill all white men, I believe they would have lived with white men peacefully, after all they helped lewis and clarke. Now, the native americans in america, were not joined by natives in other countries, hoping to defeat the newly settled europeans. The jews came back to israel, in droves after the holocaust, to re-claim their homeland, while europeans, never lived in america, never, had they even been there, or discovered it. The lands you speak of did not belong solely to arabs, they belonged to jews, and christians as well. Therefore, the native population was NOT only arabs, and in fact, arabs in israel have persecuted christians for centuries, and when israelies lived under arab rule, they were treated as second class citizens. The arabs stole the holy land from the christians, who stole it from the jews lol. Bottom line, the land is the NOT only arabs, so jews did not steal if from themselves, and have 1 million arabs in israel with them, did the europeans allow 1 million or any natives to live in the newly formed u.s.a.

Therefore I conclude, similiar, maybe?, same, not even close

http://www.pmw.org.il/

10. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    jews are not the only people to feel the heel of persicution, dude...

it's true

ps...

can you find any similarity in the following behaviour and what youll find in palestine? One day we will either understand the root of this type of conflict without simply jumping to accusations of jew hatred OR we will repeat another round of manifest destiny-like accepted genocide.

Explosive found at Austin women's clinic
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4752415.html

Feds Raid Alabama Militia Group, Uncover Small Weapons Arsenal

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268726,00.html