Are Multiracial Militaries A Good Idea?

What do you have to say about the French Foreign Legion? By its definition is composed of entirely difference peoples of different backgrounds!

Heck they fight harder than the entire French Army!
The bar isn't set to high if you are using the French Army as a standard. :cuckoo:

Given their performance in WWI AND WWII :lol:

Newsflash; France won in World War 1 and inflicted the most casulties on German forces.

Bit unfair SM. I don't want to be pc either but they fought and died for their country in WWI and they did so bravely, check out the numbers. Yes the Vichy swine in WWII were arseholes but don't forget the Maquis.

As for the Legion. They are an elite group indeed. One of my colleagues here is a former Legionnaire but he will not discuss his service.
I recently saw an advertisment in a gun magazine for French WWII rifles.

For Sale: "like new French WWII military rifles, never fired, and only dropped once". :eusa_angel:

LOL I will give you that, since the Napoleon Days (where they still eventually ended up on the losing end) the French have been taking a beating!
Algeria, Germany 3 times (once before WW I), Britian countless times, Vietnam (to be fair they beat Japan, US, and China) etc. They French military has become a joke!

Not quite:

Huh, countless British victories over France after Napoleon? Precisly which?
And again, Germany did not beat France in WW1.
France won in the Crimean war, its colonial efforts pre WW1 were signficantly more succesfull than lets say Germanys, the ridiculing of the French army is a american stereotype invented to gloss over comparably poor results of the US army (needing Nukes against Japan, getting its offensives stopped as soon as they meet a relativly healthy German division etc.).

I recently saw an advertisment in a gun magazine for French WWII rifles.

For Sale: "like new French WWII military rifles, never fired, and only dropped once". :eusa_angel:

LOL I will give you that, since the Napoleon Days (where they still eventually ended up on the losing end) the French have been taking a beating!
Algeria, Germany 3 times (once before WW I), Britian countless times, Vietnam (to be fair they beat Japan, US, and China) etc. They French military has become a joke!

Is that right?

Terrorist Bombing Of The Marine Barracks, Beirut, Lebanon

1983 Beirut barracks bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a good laugh.

Calm down buddy! The Frogs have the reputation now. Whether its warranted or not is not the point!

Am I not the one that brought up the French Foreign Legion and gave props to it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back