Are most people good or evil?

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
obviously no one is either entirely good or entirely evil. I consider a good person someone who has more good in them than bad, and vice versa for evil.

Good.

That was easy. Ask me anything.

Do you say that based on your anecdotal experiences, or have you looked further into it?

Personally, I’m not sure what the answer to the OP is.

I haven't met most people. Maybe a few hundred thousand at best.

Good.

Do you say that based on your anecdotal experiences, or have you looked further into it?

It's simple instinct. The whole False Dichotomy of "good and evil" is intrinsically bullshitious, as you noted in your OP, so everything manifests as some balance. It's just more work to tilt that balance to "Bad". Who wants more work.

Good.

It's simple instinct. The whole False Dichotomy of "good and evil" is intrinsically bullshitious, as you noted in your OP, so everything manifests as some balance. It's just more work to tilt that balance to "Bad". Who wants more work.

Interesting

Good.

Interesting

Not really. It's just stating the obvious.

People are born, they have a genetic makeup which they cannot alter. More and more as I examine the world around me, I'm beginning to really believe nurture is far more important than nature.

People are born, they have a genetic makeup which they cannot alter. More and more as I examine the world around me, I'm beginning to really believe nurture is far more important than nature.

I’ve always agreed with that, however it doesn’t answer the OP.

About 50% don't care much, and can't think for themselves much.
(They're not particularly bad, or particularly good just kind of stupid, and sheep like)

That makes them particularly destructive, and manipulated, because of their apathy & idiocy makes them manipulated by great evil.

Even though another 23% are rather good people, thinking, or not thinking.
or
Another 23% are rather evil people, thinking, or not.

Only maybe 2% are truly evil, and maybe 2% are truly good.

Unfortunately some of those truly evil people tend to be ambitious, and intelligent, and tend to climb to the top, to use, and abuse their power to manipulate the general masses.

Good.

Interesting

Just a reminder if you don’t know, your perception isn’t fact.

Good.

Interesting

The Milgram Experiment says something quite different, and more disturbing.
That more Humans, than not seem to be programmed for genocide, because of their apathy, servitude, and selfishness.

The answer is "it depends". Well, I won't dodge it I guess. I say people are inherently good on average, but, circumstances, of which there are many; and people can be nurtured to be bad, even evil. Temporarily, or as part of who they are.

The world isn't black and white. Social science is the most imperfect science. I think humans evolved so well due to our communication skills and desire for community. This can only occur if we are good, sane, humane creatures, no?

I do know this, in my life experiences, those who are supposed to be the most trusted, noble and "good" have been the most evil. By quite a distance sadly. I've chalked it down to it being a Canadian characteristic with our immoral, predatory British ancestry which placed people in a caste and to which America fought for freedom from. I hope I am right about this or the world truly is frightening.

Last edited:

The answer is "it depends". Well, I won't dodge it I guess. I say people are inherently good on average, but, circumstances, of which there are many; and people can be nurtured to be bad, even evil. Temporarily, or as part of who they are.

The world isn't black and white. Social science is the most imperfect science. I think humans evolved so well due to our communication skills and desire for community. This can only occur if we are good, sane, humane creatures, no?

I do know this, in my life experiences, those who are supposed to be the most trusted, noble and "good" have been the most evil. By quite a distance sadly. I've chalked it down to it being a Canadian characteristic with our immoral, predatory British ancestry. I hope I am right about this or the world truly is frightening.

I'm going to have to agree with you on British ancestry being particularly immoral, and predatory, a pattern which still exists as the USA & Great Britain continue slaughter through warfare.

On the complete opposite spectrum are people like Poles, with basically no record of genocide, and a lot of good deeds by Humanity's standards.

Good.

Interesting

Just a reminder if you don’t know, your perception isn’t fact.

You asked for opinions. On an opinion board.

Now you want to whine that you got one?

Fuck outta here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back