Are Middle Class Conservatives Crazy?

Are Middle Class Conservatives Crazy For Supporting a Flat Tax?

• Don't Know/Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No.

They're just absolute total fuckin' morons.

Some people might not see much difference between 'crazy' and 'moronic' is this context.

But it is a puzzling, head-scratching observation as to how or why a group can behave so illogically.

After seeing examples like this in the past, I sometimes wonder if conservatives would embrace Obama's jobs bill if it was proposed by a Republican president. You damn well know they would have supported what Obama did regarding Libya (at such a low cost, to boot) if Obama had an R after his name.

I'm serious.

After listening to middle class conservatives accuse, and subsequently condemn, President Obama for every real or imagined policy change under the sun (like supposedly raising taxes on everyone), these same middle class conservatives are simply thrilled with Cain's 9-9-9 tax plan and Perry's flat tax plan when both of those plans virtually guarantee to raise taxes on the middle class while lowering taxes on the wealthy.

I don't get it.

I think it's a reflection of a several valid concerns.

The first is that they work very hard all the time, and the government wastes a lot of their money on dubious stuff. Bridges to nowhere, lazy government workers, people who want to sit on their butts all day watching Jerry Springer while waiting for their welfare check...

And they look at the tax code as a big shell game which is specifically designed to distract your attention from exactly how much you are paying. "Hey, I'm getting a refund!" We've all had that moment in the days leading up to April 15.

20-20 or 999 are things they can kind of get their heads around.

I also think that while on the left, there is hatred of the wealthy, on the right there is envy and the desire to be there. You all work hard on the premise of being rich, and you don't want someone to mess it up before you get there.

Personally, I think the graduated tax rate is pretty fair and reasonable, but the tax code is ludicrous to the point where even IRS employees don't understand it.

Forum List

Back