Are liberals more like animals or American Indians?

Any rights we have are a direct result of our banding together and forming governments. Even native-Americans knew that and the Indians, too! :D

In fact, America was formed to protect our natural rights, most important among them is the right to private property.

What's the point of this thread? A strawman is created and now the wingnuts are going to pile on?

why strawman?? Liberals would have us believe communism worked somewhere but it doesn't with animals, indians, Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

where does sharing the wealth work??

Any rights we have are a direct result of our banding together and forming governments. Even native-Americans knew that and the Indians, too! :D

In fact, America was formed to protect our natural rights, most important among them is the right to private property.

There's no such thing as a natural right to property. In nature, if I'm stronger than you, I take your property. CASE CLOSED

There's no such thing as a natural right to property. In nature, if I'm stronger than you, I take your property. CASE CLOSED

Key word is "IF" - don't count on it.

What's the point of this thread? A strawman is created and now the wingnuts are going to pile on?

why strawman?? Liberals would have us believe communism worked somewhere but it doesn't with animals, indians, Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.

You're wrong. If liberals look to animals and native-Americans, it's because of their lesser effect on the land than modern society, NOT because of some strawman argument about Communism.

Liberals speak favorably of animals and Indians because animals and Indians share the wealth and minimize the importance of personal land and property. Society matters, not the individual. As BO would communistically say, "we're all in this together."

In reality animals and Indians are very very territorial or possessive. If another tries to invade their property war will usually result because they know personal property is necessary for survival.

So much for another important aspect of liberalism.

This is a bunch of shit, coming from a human that is probably a WASP and took the natives land from them that they lived upon.

Key word is "IF" - don't count on it.

Worthless response. The "if" could go either way. That's not the point. I assume your point is you'd fight and possibly win. True maybe, but irrelevant to my post. It still doesn't prove we have natural rights.

and now you know why Jefferson formed the American government, ie to protect one's natural right to his property.

IF folks felt they had no rights to their property they would not have had reason to form our government. A liberal does not think?

and now you know why Jefferson formed the American government, ie to protect one's natural right to his property.

IF folks felt they had no rights to their property they would not have had reason to form our government. A liberal does not think?

Oh yeah! Jeff did it all by himself, and he was the first to live in the USA and protected all property rights, while militia and the military killed someone to take that which belonged to them, and ol' Jeff sure liked his slaves.

I didn't say they didn't have rights to their property. Just that they got them from government, formed because of a desire to protect themselves and their property. It's not natural in any way that I'm aware. We also send out groups of armed men to kill each other. That's hardly natural either, but a sad product of our banding together.

You're wrong. If liberals look to animals and native-Americans, it's because of their lesser effect on the land than modern society, NOT because of some strawman argument about Communism.

Let's see, perhaps you should bone up on early Indians' culture. to name but a few: it was survival of the fittest, a baby born deformed was killed, somebody didn't pull their weight, they were banished. Old people were banished to some yonder outpost of the village to die. They were impressed with bravery and strength. They were NOT vegetarians. they hunted animals and ate them. Used every bit of the animal for tools, dishes, clothes. They didn't blame anybody when they had a unproductive hunt, that was life. They had taboos and they stuck to them, woe be to the one who broke them.

Buffalo were damn near extinct at one time,thanks to murkinz.
murkins and Eurotrash conquer and destroy everything in their path to seek (steal) marketable resources.

Let's see, perhaps you should bone up on early Indians' culture. to name but a few: it was survival of the fittest, a baby born deformed was killed, somebody didn't pull their weight, they were banished. Old people were banished to some yonder outpost of the village to die. They were impressed with bravery and strength. They were NOT vegetarians. they hunted animals and ate them. Used every bit of the animal for tools, dishes, clothes. They didn't blame anybody when they had a unproductive hunt, that was life. They had taboos and they stuck to them, woe be to the one who broke them.

What does that have to do with natural rights? If they had taboos with woe attached to those who broke them, where was this woe coming from? They may not have had our system, but they had chiefs and elders, i.e. government. I certainly never said anything about them being communistic. You seem to have totally ignored the mesage you quoted!!! :eusa_eh:

Liberals speak favorably of animals and Indians because animals and Indians share the wealth and minimize the importance of personal land and property. Society matters, not the individual. As BO would communistically say, "we're all in this together."

In reality animals and Indians are very very territorial or possessive. If another tries to invade their property war will usually result because they know personal property is necessary for survival.

So much for another important aspect of liberalism.

You know what Edward, I think you're pretty thick headed. Why? Because you seem to hold this idea that everyone on the left falls on the extreme end of the spectrum and wants the US to be this communist nation where the government controls every aspect of our lives.

Simply not the case. Most Democrats you will come across fall just left of center; we are a country of moderates, not extremists. Those on the left generally believe in the virtues of the free market, and want to keep most all industries private, however hold the belief that the government should have a hand in some of the more unique sectors such as healthcare. They also tend to believe in limited social safety nets too. Big whoop - not the end of the world.

Want to know what the real problem facing America? It's you, and everyone else who's only goal in life is to muddy up the political conversation with baseless, simplistic accusations that everything in life must either be communism or anarchy.

Stop dividing people, it works to no one's benefit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back