Are Liberals Maladaptive?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Here's a thought I've picked up: liberals will cause their own extinction by refusing to get married and have children. Conservatives are the ones who do this. So... the liberals should be encouraged that "marriage is rape," that having children instead of abortions is "backward," and so on. It'll pay off in the end.

William Joyce said:
Here's a thought I've picked up: liberals will cause their own extinction by refusing to get married and have children. Conservatives are the ones who do this. So... the liberals should be encouraged that "marriage is rape," that having children instead of abortions is "backward," and so on. It'll pay off in the end.
James Taranto and Mark Steyn have both written reams on this. All of you are onto something. :thup:

William Joyce said:
unfortunately, the public schools and universities are still dominated by liberals, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Even if the kid goes to school and/or college a conservative, their beliefs, unless they are solid and concrete, and not believed just because their parents believed, there is nothing that says they can't be persuaded.

although the extinction on liberalism is a nice thought.

fuzzykitten99 said:
unfortunately, the public schools and universities are still dominated by liberals, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Even if the kid goes to school and/or college a conservative, their beliefs, unless they are solid and concrete, and not believed just because their parents believed, there is nothing that says they can't be persuaded.

although the extinction on liberalism is a nice thought.

If you have raised your children correctly. They have a heart, thus are open to the spin on the left, which happens to coincide with their need to break from mom and dad. So for a bit, they sound like the opposition.

Your choice, do you slam or do you acknowledge the left's points that sound so great, while pointing out the problems in the real world along with the falacies in thinking? Dangers lurk with both scenarios, but one must choose.
I've chosen respect, so far 2 out of 3 have come around, both over 22. If #3 chooses to stay on the lib side, I'll respect but keep arguing. It's my nature.

Kathianne said:
If you have raised your children correctly. They have a heart, thus are open to the spin on the left, which happens to coincide with their need to break from mom and dad.

Yes, except encouraging things like the kid who taped his teacher calling Bush Hitler and then fed it to radio stations so the whole country could hear this faggoty teacher go on (at taxpayer expense). That was a small act of conservative rebellion. We can only hope that although most teachers are liberal, kids will use their natural desire to rebel to become conservatives.

I know that my own "rebel" instincts kicked in in college, when almost uniformly, students, professors, administrators, etc. were liberal. I couldn't stand THAT MUCH agreement on everything, which on many issues just struck me as wrong or open to question. Being a conservative was very daring in college.

Forum List

Back