Are Latinos ditching the Democrats? Don't believe the hype

Once again, jknowgood, like so many fans of cultural McCarthyism, are telling Latinos what they are instead of listening to them.

Latinos (family oriented, religious, and not very pro-abortion) voted against the GOP 71 to 27.

Nothing has changed.
I'm not telling them anything, they are very family oriented. They have close families, if their family isn't here they will send a majority of their money to them in Mexico. So welfare won't work on most, they won't give up family for handouts. They are religious, been invited to several baptisms. Liberals are fighting against religion. They also believe children are a blessing from God, and don't believe in killing them. Abortion being one of the most important parts of being a liberal. I've always said that liberals could be making a huge mistake with this, because most Latinos don't support liberal policies.

You are preaching once again instead of listening.

They do not support your far right vision of America.
I didn't say that, but Latinos are against the basic liberal agenda.

Once again, jknowgood, like so many fans of cultural McCarthyism, are telling Latinos what they are instead of listening to them.

Latinos (family oriented, religious, and not very pro-abortion) voted against the GOP 71 to 27.

Nothing has changed.
I'm not telling them anything, they are very family oriented. They have close families, if their family isn't here they will send a majority of their money to them in Mexico. So welfare won't work on most, they won't give up family for handouts. They are religious, been invited to several baptisms. Liberals are fighting against religion. They also believe children are a blessing from God, and don't believe in killing them. Abortion being one of the most important parts of being a liberal. I've always said that liberals could be making a huge mistake with this, because most Latinos don't support liberal policies.

You are preaching once again instead of listening.

They do not support your far right vision of America.
I didn't say that, but Latinos are against the basic liberal agenda.
A party platform or a single liberals agenda, since all do not step in lockstep, and I can tell you that those on the right and those claiming religion have abortions...

Most Latinos I know are very family oriented, religious, and don't believe in abortion. Three points that is the opposite of liberal views.
They are not the opposite of mine...and you assume what Latinos are, yet probably know very few personally.
My sons best friends 3 are Latinos i've known their parents for over 15 years, i've also was supervisor over a construction company. So i've known quite a few, not all believe the same, but most don't like the liberal agenda.

As the midterms approach, analysts are arguing that Latino voters angry with Obama over immigration may cause problems for the Democrats on Election Day. But that's not what's happening on the ground in Colorado

Are Latinos ditching the Democrats Don t believe the hype - Yahoo News

We have GOP on this Board that believe the Latinos will not vote Democrat.

These fools still believe they can preach and teach to Latinos (and women and other minorities) instead of listening to what those groups have to say.

The article above examines Latinos and Colorado's senate race with nuance and context.

Very interesting.

"These fools still believe they can preach and teach to Latinos (and women and other minorities) instead of listening to what those groups have to say."

Once again I ask you WHAT are they saying that we NEED to hear?

Most Latinos I know are very family oriented, religious, and don't believe in abortion. Three points that is the opposite of liberal views.

Family
Actually, Liberals believe in lower working hours, more time with the family, pregnancy leave for both mother and father... If you want to see the most family orientated country in Europe, goto the uber liberals Sweden.

In France it is law to offer a parent 80% pay to work 4 day week. Half day Wednesday and Friday...

The conservatives talk a good game about being family orientated but when they are asked about putting their money where their mouth is they are all talk and no action.

Religious
Which party is about legislating to look after the poor. (Blessed be the poor...)
Which party is about gay rights (Love thy neighbour...)
Which party supports the rich mans agenda ("I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.")
The religious you talk about could be al carte version of religion some people have of praying on Sunday and screwing you over on Monday. I choose to 'judge not lest you be...'
I would say neither party can claim to be the party of God.

Abortion
New Polling on Latino a Attitudes Toward Abortion National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
74% of Latino registered voters agree that a woman has a right to make her own personal, private decisions about abortion without politicians interfering.
Latinos are Catholics and Catholics have a more common sense view to church teaching especially considering the Catholic Church believed abortion was OK for 350 years before banning it a 150 years ago (under St Augustine teaching). They know the banning of it came because the Pope at the time needed a defense of Rome at the time. Abortion in the Catholic church has been exposed as political gamesmanship and considering their behaviour around sex scandals the Catholic Church flock are taking there own views on things.
Family, liberals destroyed the black family unit with welfare, all for a vote.
Religion, liberals try to destroy it any where they can. Took prayer out of schools.
Abortion, the Latinos I know don't believe in abortion, a couple of them don't believe in birth control. Feel free to roll the dice, you are slowly losing the black vote, you got a black president, that hasn't done a thing to help them, just more welfare.

Keep believing that crap, the breakdown of the Black Family unit if want to believe it might have more to do with the conservatives idea of having the highest prison population in the world, which is has a large black population. The Drugs war was targeted on Blacks even though Whites take just as much drugs.
Then there is the thing that they didn't have equal civil rights until 50 years ago.
So it is present day conservatives (i.e dixiecrats from the past)...

I have shown that the Religion aspect is just subjective, but I will not judge you as a Christian, I will not Judge... I would wonder how your faith accepts the judging of other?

I have shown in polls before on Latino's views on abortion.

I think that minorities have a poor view of the GOP, for black people they get the feeling that the GOP membership thinks all Black people are on welfare and for Latinos they feeling that they are illegal immigrants. That is hard to get past, there isa feeling that the GOP treats minorities as not real Americans.

They are not the opposite of mine...and you assume what Latinos are, yet probably know very few personally.
My sons best friends 3 are Latinos i've known their parents for over 15 years, i've also was supervisor over a construction company. So i've known quite a few, not all believe the same, but most don't like the liberal agenda.

That poll of three people looks great...

By the way if my boss was a conservative big into religion and he asked me what my views were and if I needed the job, my view would be 'conservative big into religion'.... Great polling there...

Freewill, I wrote that the "article above examines Latinos and Colorado's senate race with nuance and context." All you do is whine, the which I have not any time to give.

If you have a point, make it, or join Antares, benched on the sidelines for not performing to his ability.

Could you quote or even name the "GOP" on this board that stated that Latinos won't vote for democrats? Please do because it is the basis of you contention.

Really jake why do you continue to pretend to be a Republican? If you are a republican what kind of republican are you? Certainly not a Reagan republican because you break his number one rule, you talk down fellow republicans. Certainly not a Bush Republican because I have never seen you say a good word for him. That makes you a McCain republican if a republican at all. The ass beating he took in the 2008 election should show you that your type of republican just ain't gonna cut it. When a Rino runs against a democrat why would a democrat vote for a rino when they can vote for the real deal?

When I see you say one good word about any republican it will be the first time.

Jake doesn't much about anything, which is why he can't handle disagreements and just starts trolling threads and 'Posting Last!!'

As for the much ballyhooed latino vote, there just isn't much 'There' there.

Latino Voters and the 2014 Midterm Elections Pew Research Center s Hispanic Trends Project

During the 2010 midterm election, a record 6.6 million Hispanics voted, representing a turnout rate of 31.2%. But more than twice as many Hispanics—14.7 million—could have voted but did not (Lopez, 2011). By comparison, voter turnout rates were higher among blacks (44%) and whites (48.6%).
Low voter participation rates among Hispanics are due to many factors. First, the relative youth of the Hispanic population may impact overall Hispanic voter turnout rates. Young people turn out at rates lower than that of older eligible voters. This is true among Hispanics (Lopez, 2011; Lopez and Gonzalez-Barrera, 2013) just as it is among other racial and ethnic groups (CIRCLE, 2013).

So, even in Colorado, getting 67% of the 33% or so of actual latino votes isn't the tidal wave it's being portrayed as. Something like, say 14% of the Colorado electorate are 'eligible' latino voters, a third of them vote, around 5% or so of the total vote at best, and getting 67%-90% of that makes around 4%? And mostly for one seat in the Senate.

Last edited:
Picaro cannot answer why Latinos voted 71 to 27 against our GOP in 2012.

Nothing has changed much that would change that.

Doesn't mean much, as I've pointed out. Keep trying, Jake; somebody will come along and take over your position as the least able poster in this thread. Maybe.

Doesn't mean much, as I've pointed out. Keep trying, Jake; somebody will come along and take over your position as the least able poster in this thread. Maybe.

Doesn't mean much? Really?

LOL.

Latinos tipped the election toward Obama. Cuban Latinos in Florida swung WILDLY against the GOP and Obama carried the Sunshine State by +0.88%. Latinos made the difference in FL, VA, OH, and CO.

Carry on and enjoy your dream world.

Some are. And I suspect most of the ones who aren't, are the usual Moocher criminal-types. Moocher criminal-types are usually Democrats. So the answer is yes, some good decent latinos are ditching the Democrats. They're deciding it's not the Party for them.

Family
Actually, Liberals believe in lower working hours, more time with the family, pregnancy leave for both mother and father... If you want to see the most family orientated country in Europe, goto the uber liberals Sweden.

In France it is law to offer a parent 80% pay to work 4 day week. Half day Wednesday and Friday...

The conservatives talk a good game about being family orientated but when they are asked about putting their money where their mouth is they are all talk and no action.

Religious
Which party is about legislating to look after the poor. (Blessed be the poor...)
Which party supports the rich mans agenda ("I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.")
The religious you talk about could be al carte version of religion some people have of praying on Sunday and screwing you over on Monday. I choose to 'judge not lest you be...'

Abortion
New Polling on Latino a Attitudes Toward Abortion National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
74% of Latino registered voters agree that a woman has a right to make her own personal, private decisions about abortion without politicians interfering.
Latinos are Catholics and Catholics have a more common sense view to church teaching especially considering the Catholic Church believed abortion was OK for 350 years before banning it a 150 years ago (under St Augustine teaching). They know the banning of it came because the Pope at the time needed a defense of Rome at the time. Abortion in the Catholic church has been exposed as political gamesmanship and considering their behaviour around sex scandals the Catholic Church flock are taking there own views on things.
Religion, liberals try to destroy it any where they can. Took prayer out of schools.
Abortion, the Latinos I know don't believe in abortion, a couple of them don't believe in birth control. Feel free to roll the dice, you are slowly losing the black vote, you got a black president, that hasn't done a thing to help them, just more welfare.

Keep believing that crap, the breakdown of the Black Family unit if want to believe it might have more to do with the conservatives idea of having the highest prison population in the world, which is has a large black population. The Drugs war was targeted on Blacks even though Whites take just as much drugs.
Then there is the thing that they didn't have equal civil rights until 50 years ago.

I have shown that the Religion aspect is just subjective, but I will not judge you as a Christian, I will not Judge... I would wonder how your faith accepts the judging of other?

I think that minorities have a poor view of the GOP, for black people they get the feeling that the GOP membership thinks all Black people are on welfare and for Latinos they feeling that they are illegal immigrants. That is hard to get past, there isa feeling that the GOP treats minorities as not real Americans.

Bullshit.

Freewill, I wrote that the "article above examines Latinos and Colorado's senate race with nuance and context." All you do is whine, the which I have not any time to give.

If you have a point, make it, or join Antares, benched on the sidelines for not performing to his ability.

Jake you remain terrified of me because I hold your feet to the fire.

It just is what it is ;)

Latinos are just like everyone else. They're Republicans and Democrats. And some flip-flop on the Parties they're loyal to. That happens with many American Voters. So i imagine this will go the same way. The Moocher whiners and criminal Latinos will be Democrats, while the good decent hard-working Latinos will be Republicans. It's a familiar scenario. Latinos are no different.

Family

Religious

Abortion

Blacks had close families before welfare,, after welfare is when crime amongst blacks skyrocketed. Liberals own welfare, congratulations.

Forum List

Back