Are Israelis Or Palesteenians Better For America?

The only difference between the Titanic and Jordan is the Titanic had better food

Oooo. Do jokes about British food next.

I would expect Jordan to have food quite similar to Lebanon, Syria and Israel.

The English culinary scene has improved noticeably, but, I stay at the Lanesborough when visiting, so, I'm spoiled

The English culinary scene has improved noticeably, but, I stay at the Lanesborough when visiting, so, I'm spoiled

I know it's improved. But the jokes are still funny. I think much of the improvement has been from importing foreign food and techniques, though.

The only difference between the Titanic and Jordan is the Titanic had better food

They have pretty good Kababs and Biryani in England.

They have pretty good Kababs and Biryani in England.

Shepard's pie notwithstanding, I always found the ethnic food in England to be far better than their native "cuisine".

I know it's improved. But the jokes are still funny. I think much of the improvement has been from importing foreign food and techniques, though.

Gordon Ramsay and other Brits have transformed England's culinary scene.

Shepard's pie notwithstanding, I always found the ethnic food in England to be far better than their native "cuisine".

That's because the Brits cook almost everything far too long. :razz:

I like the British beer better than anything.

lCanadianStoutLabel.jpg

34484.jpg

Ah, but ye hav nae treed Canuck Stooot......

'tis gud fer wot ails ye... :eek: :razz:

Last edited:
Appearance: Pours a completely opaque black with about 1/2 finger of chocolate head that dissipates into a thin tan film over the top. Has some pretty intense alcohol legs on the side of the glass. No lacing-- but its 10.6%ABV and a double stout. It looks spot on for the style.-- 5

Smell: Rich dark coffees, deeply roasted malts, a moderate amount of vanilla notes, dark semi-sweet chocolates, an undertone of some sweet maple syrup, and all held together by a fairly obvious bourbon booziness. I was surprised to find the maple syrup as subtle as it is. Its an incredibly complex beer in the nose. Surprisingly, the nose didn't just come out and knock me in the face. It definitely has some patience in the nose, and all the flavors seem to complement one another to form its own unique note of harmony. However, the bourbon is definitely a big note in this one. If you don't dig on big bourbon notes, it may be a turn off for you. But this brew is totally robust in every way-- 5

TASTE: Just wow. Big, huge chocolate and coffee notes are upfront, a sweet sticky maple syrup that shows restraint and is not overly sweet, wrapped up in with a BIG bourbon, bitter dark roast coffee, slightly dry and ever so slightly sweet finish. It might be the most masterfully blended and proportioned beer I have ever had. Absolutely no alcohol whatsoever-- its too wonderfully crafted. However, the bourbon is much bigger in this one than I expected. I interpret this as a well executed risk. Furthermore, the maple influence gives an accent to the original KBS style that blesses it with a certain sweetness and woodiness that gives it an influence that gives even more additional complexity. The maple syrup makes itself more well known as it warms, and it smooths out the big bourbon characters.-- TEN..a f***in TEN!

But it is a bit sweet... and thick.... :)

I've never been to Naples but I would rather be there any day of the week over any place in the ME, except Israel.

I actually loved Naples, but it's definitely a dirty and dangerous city. The Italian government was attempting to crack down on the Camorra and the Sicilian Mafia, so things were a bit testy in Naples. MPs carrying assault rifles patrolled the streets.* The trash was everywhere because the mafia controls pickup. Dogs shit everywhere, because people don't clean up after their dogs in Italy (that was true in every Italian city I went to). Things were a lot poorer than up north and it was very, very dirty. However, it was fun as hell. I just walked around looking for small shops to venture into and things to see. It was pretty cool.

*A few weeks later, the MPs were in Rome. That makes me feel like they certainly weren't winning at that point.

Appearance: Pours a completely opaque black with about 1/2 finger of chocolate head that dissipates into a thin tan film over the top. Has some pretty intense alcohol legs on the side of the glass. No lacing-- but its 10.6%ABV and a double stout. It looks spot on for the style.-- 5

Smell: Rich dark coffees, deeply roasted malts, a moderate amount of vanilla notes, dark semi-sweet chocolates, an undertone of some sweet maple syrup, and all held together by a fairly obvious bourbon booziness. I was surprised to find the maple syrup as subtle as it is. Its an incredibly complex beer in the nose. Surprisingly, the nose didn't just come out and knock me in the face. It definitely has some patience in the nose, and all the flavors seem to complement one another to form its own unique note of harmony. However, the bourbon is definitely a big note in this one. If you don't dig on big bourbon notes, it may be a turn off for you. But this brew is totally robust in every way-- 5

TASTE: Just wow. Big, huge chocolate and coffee notes are upfront, a sweet sticky maple syrup that shows restraint and is not overly sweet, wrapped up in with a BIG bourbon, bitter dark roast coffee, slightly dry and ever so slightly sweet finish. It might be the most masterfully blended and proportioned beer I have ever had. Absolutely no alcohol whatsoever-- its too wonderfully crafted. However, the bourbon is much bigger in this one than I expected. I interpret this as a well executed risk. Furthermore, the maple influence gives an accent to the original KBS style that blesses it with a certain sweetness and woodiness that gives it an influence that gives even more additional complexity. The maple syrup makes itself more well known as it warms, and it smooths out the big bourbon characters.-- TEN..a f***in TEN!

But it is a bit sweet... and thick.... :)

Sounds good, I will have to try it!

Where do you live? You can get it anywhere in the United States (except maybe Utah), but you may have to look harder for it. If you have one of those warehouse-type liquor stores near you, it'll probably be there. If not, if you don't mind venturing into a wholefoods, you can find it in there.

Where do you live? You can get it anywhere in the United States (except maybe Utah), but you may have to look harder for it. If you have one of those warehouse-type liquor stores near you, it'll probably be there. If not, if you don't mind venturing into a wholefoods, you can find it in there.

I live in Birmingham Alabama, I will keep an eye out for it.

Forum List

Back