Are Iowa's Republican Frontrunners Taking Cues from Sharia Law?

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Around the same time, Ron Paul became the fifth GOP candidate to sign what is known as the Personhood USA Pledge. The pledge, which has also been signed by candidates Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich, and Santorum to date, reads, in part, "I support a human life amendment to the Constitution, and endorse legislation to make clear that the 14th Amendment protections apply to unborn children." It goes on to state, "If elected President, I will work to advance state and federal laws and amendments that recognize the unalienable right to life of all human beings as persons at every stage of development, and to the best of my knowledge, I will only appoint federal judges and relevant officials who will uphold and enforce state and federal laws recognizing that all human beings at every stage of development are persons with the unalienable right to life." Proponents of the pledge have previously acknowledged that it could criminalize birth control, a fact that, when made public, played a key role in torpedoing a personhood measure on the Mississippi ballot last fall.

While abortion remains one of America's most divisive issues, birth control and the issue of abortion in extreme circumstances are not. According to the CDC, 99 percent of sexually active American women use birth control, and though recent polls indicate that Americans are split equally on whether or not abortion should be legal, an overwhelming majority -- more than 80 percent -- believes it should be legal in cases of rape or incest, and nearly 90 percent believe it should be legal to save the life of a mother.

Not much difference.

Forum List

Back