Are immigration Laws fair?

We should allow as much immigration as possible because
1) It helps people
2) It increases human welfare
3) It expands our economy
4) taxes raised from immigrants exceed spending on immigrants meaning we all become richer

Absolutely no mass illegal immigration of poverty. WE no longer need any immigration. Is we need workers we should make it easier for our own to go to school and get jobs and not have to compete with immigrants. None of the 4 are facts. We are no longer into nation building but nation survival. we are immigrating professionals and that is a tragedy that we are not helping our own. Immigrants compete for education, jobs and social services,etc. No more immigration and not more vacation visas.
I see so according to you competition is bad. You must hate capitalism unless you're full of shit.
Furthermore Americans shouldn't be competing for shitty jobs that immigrants work; they should be doing more productive jobs.
Furthermore plz explain why you support immigration policies that make people poorer. Are you just a bitch who hates people?

Legal immigration is hurting the country as much as illegal immigration.

You're an idiot, and an unamerican idiot at that.

I know, we are a nation of immigrants. Tired poor yearning to be free, yaadaa yaadaa...Enough IS enough, fair is fair. You children posting here don't have a clue what America used to be like. We didn't need a translator to talk to ANYONE , we never saw a woman Muslim in garb head to foot in middle America, NEVER used to see men kissing each other , but that is besides the point. Maybe it’s time all of us , especially the third world, learned they can’t breed like bloody rabbits because there are consequences....7 billion people is more than enough. Nor is it fair that so called first world countries handle all the overflow of the uncontrolled populations of third world countries anymore. Simply, there isn't enough room or resources. Period. What is happening now isn’t to anyone’s benefit

Last edited:
We didn't need a translator to talk to ANYONE , we never saw a woman Muslim in garb head to foot in middle America, NEVER used to see men kissing each other , but that is besides the point. Maybe it’s time all of us , especially the third world, learned they can’t breed like bloody rabbits because there are consequences....7 billion people is more than enough.

If you don't like my country, get the fuck out. If the world is too 'crowded' for you...get the fuck out.

We should allow as much immigration as possible because
1) It helps people
2) It increases human welfare
3) It expands our economy
4) taxes raised from immigrants exceed spending on immigrants meaning we all become richer

I think you are dealing in absolutes here, and those are not really helpful.
Taxes raised from imigrants will only exceed spending on immigrants if the level of immigration is not so high that more people immigrate than can find work.

The idea that the economy simply expands automatically because people immigrate is pretty lame.

Are you in favour of letting 500 million people immigrate into the US?

We need to fight illegal immigration and promote LEGAL immigration.
And help those who bring their wealth to start businesses in the US which will create jobs.

Are current laws fair? No. They aren't strict enough against illegal immigration.

In your ideal world what kind of immigration laws do you think we should have and why?

The title of your O/P is not the question you asked.

In regard to the title of your thread... I'm not sure that immigration laws need to be fair. Countries have an absolute right to control their borders so long as laws are applied fairly and adhere to the limited due process accorded under the circumstances.

Whether they should be fair?

To whom?

In your ideal world what kind of immigration laws do you think we should have and why?

In regard to the title of your thread... I'm not sure that immigration laws need to be fair. Countries have an absolute right to control their borders so long as laws are applied fairly and adhere to the limited due process accorded under the circumstances.

To whom?

Good questions....are they fair to immigrants, what constitutes fair in this area?

Are they fair to citizens, what constitutes fair in this area?

Someone who has no education and no skills can't immigrate here not under any circumstances. It worked that way for many years and helped to make us a great country.

Which years were those?

Prior to 1965 when McCain-Kennedy instituted their reform.

whether you are required to have skills and education depends upon what type of visa you are seeking. if you're looking for a work visa, that's true. you would also have to make a showing that your skills are unique and that the job you fill can't be filled by a U.S. citizen. if you're looking to come in under a student visa, then you have to have been accepted by a university in the US, I believe. You need no skills to come in as family or as a spouse or child or parent.

so you might want to do some research on this subject.

To whom?

Good questions....are they fair to immigrants, what constitutes fair in this area?

I don't have the answers to those questions. I think we all have a gut feeling about what we'd like to see. I might be more accepting of laxer immigration laws than you, since I'm only a second generation citizen of this country and I'm pretty aware that the country was built by immigrants.

You might have a different idea. I do think we've been doing a better job of enforcement. The numbers are pretty clear on that front. But sometimes immigration policy also has to do a bit of cost/benefit analysis... which is why those who think we need to deport illegals who've been here for ten/twenty years... are letting their emotions get ahead of the actual cost and logistics of returning every illegal.

To whom?

I don't have the answers to those questions. I think we all have a gut feeling about what we'd like to see. I might be more accepting of laxer immigration laws than you, since I'm only a second generation citizen of this country and I'm pretty aware that the country was built by immigrants.

You might have a different idea. I do think we've been doing a better job of enforcement. The numbers are pretty clear on that front. But sometimes immigration policy also has to do a bit of cost/benefit analysis... which is why those who think we need to deport illegals who've been here for ten/twenty years... are letting their emotions get ahead of the actual cost and logistics of returning every illegal.

I'm the 2nd generation born here too, my granparants were immigrants. :)

Hence why when I talk about immigration I'm always certain to let people know I applaud and desire legal immigration into the country, it makes us stronger.

Forum List

Back