Are immigration Laws fair?

We should allow as much immigration as possible because
1) It helps people
2) It increases human welfare
3) It expands our economy
4) taxes raised from immigrants exceed spending on immigrants meaning we all become richer

1) It helps people
4) taxes raised from immigrants exceed spending on immigrants meaning we all become richer

I 99% agree with you. The 1% of course being reserved for further rebuttals that will come against this idea.:D

In your ideal world what kind of immigration laws do you think we should have and why?

I would keep the present laws as is . Enforce them to the letter. In an "IDEAL" world, there wouldn't be any need to control immigration, because there wouldn't be a stampede over national borders like so many wild cattle on a rampage.Illegal aliens are human beings and they know full well the consequences of their actions. They know what they have done, and it is time to pay the bloody piper...I think American immigration laws are fair enough. It is the mindset of the new “immigrants” I question. That perhaps, is were the focus should be.

Last edited:
In your ideal world what kind of immigration laws do you think we should have and why?

I would keep the present laws as is . Enforce them to the letter. In an "IDEAL" world, there wouldn't be any need to control immigration, because there wouldn't be a stampede over national borders like so many wild cattle on a rampage.Illegal aliens are human beings and they know full well the consequences of their actions. They know what they have done, and it is time to pay the bloody piper...I think American immigration laws are fair enough. It is the mindset of the new “immigrants” I question. That perhaps, is were the focus should be.

I see so you prefer a policies that makes people poorer. I ask why?

1) It helps people

ABsolutely not.

1. It helps the people who want the citizens to support them and pay for their education, housing and medical needs.
2. It ruins and takes down our economy. Our schools are failing in many areas as are our hospitals. We can not as a nation support the entire world that wants to come here to live. It takes away from jobs.

We have laws here in the United States and they are not being followed. We pick up citizens who break laws and we are punished…and illegals are rewarded. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO BE IN THE COUNTRY WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION AND CREDENTIALS.

We should pick up every illegal and take them home….free. We should build security on our borders and man it with people who will enforce the laws already on the books.

Can you imagine the boost to the economy if every illegal who was mooching on the economy would go home? What would that do to our prison population? Our crowded schools? Hospitals?

We should change one law on the books and that is if a woman gives birth to a child and is not a citizen of the country then her child takes on the citizenship of the country she belongs too and not the United States.

1) It helps people

ABsolutely not.

1. It helps the people who want the citizens to support them and pay for their education, housing and medical needs.

This is the 1% reason I was alluding to earlier....

There isn't a single historian that would disagree with the fact that the huge immigration waves of the past were a good thing for this country..... but the big difference between today and then is that we have a huge welfare system that would be overwhelmed if we opened the flood gates again....

Cut back on welfare programs and we could justify more poor immigration.....

In an ideal world we don't need immigration laws. There are no separate nations, everyone lives in peace with one another and the world functions and prospers together as one.

They would need a sponsor who would be responsible for them... totally.... for 18 years.

They wold have to pass criminal and medical. No criminals...and on medical issues.

They would have to pass basic literacy.....in English.

If they break any law before passing their citizenship...they will be booted out and never allowed to return or reapply for immigration.

Producing children before becoming a citizen... they are booted and the child belongs to the mother...and not an automatic citizen.

40 year age cut off.

In an ideal world we don't need immigration laws. There are no separate nations, everyone lives in peace with one another and the world functions and prospers together as one.

Put down the damn bong for two seconds.

lol....yeah I didn't mean "imagine all the people" ideal....I meant reality....what kind of immigration laws would you propose if it were up to you and why.

They would need a sponsor who would be responsible for them... totally.... for 18 years.

They wold have to pass criminal and medical. No criminals...and on medical issues.

They would have to pass basic literacy.....in English.

If they break any law before passing their citizenship...they will be booted out and never allowed to return or reapply for immigration.

Producing children before becoming a citizen... they are booted and the child belongs to the mother...and not an automatic citizen.

40 year age cut off.

Your list isn't very practical.

lol....yeah I didn't mean "imagine all the people" ideal....I meant reality....what kind of immigration laws would you propose if it were up to you and why.

It's difficult to know what new laws we need until we at least try enforcing the ones we already have.

OK. So can you tell me what it is you are asking? You said "ideal" but now you say "reality" , which I am guessing isn't what you want either. Reality means the facts as they exist. Ideal means the perfect situation. Are you looking for something in between? like:

"What do you think our immigration law should be in America?"

Is that what you meant? I think maybe you should have said that... if that was what you meant.

Now, bring me a hamburger! (and by hamburger, I mean a slice of water melon.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back