Are growing Dividend Stocks in Trouble?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I was using a simpler screen than I normally use based on a comment by Cell Block. A lot of issues, effectively all issues I do not already own or have owned and dumped:
priced $10 or less that come up on my search screen as being growing dividend stocks no longer qualify as such.

Either the Dividend is no longer paid officially or the reasonable X-div date is barely visible in the rear view mirror by at least a half month. Anyone else seeing similar problems?

I was using a simpler screen than I normally use based on a comment by Cell Block. A lot of issues, effectively all issues I do not already own or have owned and dumped:
priced $10 or less that come up on my search screen as being growing dividend stocks no longer qualify as such.

Either the Dividend is no longer paid officially or the reasonable X-div date is barely visible in the rear view mirror by at least a half month. Anyone else seeing similar problems?
/----/ Look at this one: This is Why Allstate (ALL) is a Great Dividend Stock
Allstate (ALL) is a Finance stock that has seen a price change of 13.76% so far this year. Currently paying a dividend of $0.46 per share, the company has a dividend yield of 2.13%. In comparison, the Insurance - Property and Casualty industry's yield is 1.6%, while the S&P 500's yield is 1.93%.

Looking at dividend growth, the company's current annualized dividend of $2 is up 8.7% from last year. Allstate has increased its dividend 5 times on a year-over-year basis over the last 5 years for an average annual increase of 12.27%. Future dividend growth will depend on earnings growth as well as payout ratio, which is the proportion of a company's annual earnings per share that it pays out as a dividend. Allstate's current payout ratio is 23%, meaning it paid out 23% of its trailing 12-month EPS as dividend.

Earnings growth looks solid for ALL for this fiscal year. The Zacks Consensus Estimate for 2019 is $9.28 per share, representing a year-over-year earnings growth rate of 15.01%.

I find the 60-90 days of revising the GDP/QTR is likely to result in understatement of wage and cost push inflation. I expect at least at least one GDP to be revised up to 5% this year. Combine that with wage increases and COLA increases to reduce the labor shortage and the bull will become a bear.

Forum List

Back