Are governments just protection rackets for the 1%?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GreatestIam, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +526
    Which is why we shouldn't give the government that much power.

2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    "Take illegal immigration. Immigrants depress wages of the working natives,"

I can agree with this only partially.

What depresses wages are the employers who pay the depressed wage.

Let's put the blame where it belongs.

Employees do not decide what the wage will be. The employers do.

Your employers are the corrupt ones. Not their workers who take what they can get.

Regards
    DL

3. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    That means a redistribution of wealth and those words are curses to most people. Especially the rich.

Most politicians speak to that but none ever act on it after being elected.

I think that in the future, demographers will decide who pays what but at present, no politician wants to propose a forced reshaping of our socio economic demographic pyramid.

Most voters do not even know what that means because of the dumbing down that the governments do to their people.

That would lock economic wealth redistribution to a standard and the politicians would loose a lot of bribes so do not hold your breath my friend.

Regards
    DL

4. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,981
    You are touching on the reason I refuse to associate with a political party. The truth is all the politicians, with very very few exceptions, are evil dirt bags who sell out out in order to enhance their personal wealth, power and influence. The political establishment’s biggest worry is unaffiliated voters. Why? Because they can not predict how they will vote, and thus they can not adjust their political narrative to influence them. How else does a political neophyte idiot, who did so many things wrong, get elected POTUS?

You can not change the system or the parties by being a part of them. The only things they care about are your vote and your money. Drop your affiliation! Imagine the narrative coming from these guys if 80% of voters had no party affiliation. You see, they NEED you to pick a side and become loyal to that side, defend that side with your voice (vote) and your money. Don’t be their foolish pawn, drop your party affiliation now.

5. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,382
    The problem is, history repeats itself, and the more arrogant a nation feels, the less likely they are to do anything about anything.

6. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    [QUOTE="BuckToothMoron, post: 18291236, member: 57192

You can not change the system or the parties by being a part of them. The only things they care about are your vote and your money. Drop your affiliation! Imagine the narrative coming from these guys if 80% of voters had no party affiliation. You see, they NEED you to pick a side and become loyal to that side, defend that side with your voice (vote) and your money. Don’t be their foolish pawn, drop your party affiliation now.[/QUOTE]

You are basically locked into a two party system and I agree that that is stupid and unproductive.

If you look at multi party systems where laws need consensus, you will find better laws.

Note how when Trump came into power, he insulted the old electorate that had chosen Democrats in previous elections for certain reasons and for certain laws.

That shows how little he actually cares about the electorate.

If that happened in multi party government, he would never be allowed to reverse what a previous electorate wanted except perhaps in special cases.

Health care could have been one of those cases but Trump screwed that up by not doing a good job. He was anti the Democrat's system but was to stupid to be able to improve on it.

To change a law without having a better one in the wings is insanity and the republicans went along for that insane ride.

Regards
    DL

7. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    North Korea belies that but I think you might have a point.

Regards
    DL

8. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,891
    You don't prove a point by bleating out some magic words that you think answers all questions. Your theory that profits "come from a workforce and markets for the products" is impossibly vague and meaningless in this context. Your claim amounts to saying the workers are defrauded or cheated in some fashion.

So how are they cheated? Did their employer lie to them about what they would be paid? Where does the fraud come in?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,427
    Nobody is being taken advantage of, that's my point in the first place.

I go to McDonald's and read the menu. It says I can have a big mac combo for $6.00. I agree to buy that big mac combo for $6.00. Who is being taken advantage of? Nobody, because McDonald's offered me a product for a price I agreed to pay for.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,981
    You are basically locked into a two party system and I agree that that is stupid and unproductive.

If you look at multi party systems where laws need consensus, you will find better laws.

Note how when Trump came into power, he insulted the old electorate that had chosen Democrats in previous elections for certain reasons and for certain laws.

That shows how little he actually cares about the electorate.

If that happened in multi party government, he would never be allowed to reverse what a previous electorate wanted except perhaps in special cases.

Health care could have been one of those cases but Trump screwed that up by not doing a good job. He was anti the Democrat's system but was to stupid to be able to improve on it.

To change a law without having a better one in the wings is insanity and the republicans went along for that insane ride.

Regards
    DL[/QUOTE]

Actually, I blame the republican controlled Congress more than Trump for the failure to replace BOcare. They were unable to put together any legislation. That is not Trumps fault.

I am actually a fan of the 2 party system, I just think it’s time the existing parties are reformed and changed.

• Agree Agree x 2