Are God’s CHOSEN living up to His expectations?

Are they living up to God's expectations?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
Why I am here

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His commandments. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

This is the biggest reason I am here; but there are others

Why are you here-?

Last edited:
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:8 KJV) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

"in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee"

The above means that God did not give the land to them yet. They must first earn this gift.

I believe they have not earned this right, do you?

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, Ohouse of Israel.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) states that they will be gather and once gathered He will judge them one last time. That day of judgement is NOW.

Based on their actions towards the stranger I believe they have failed Him for the last time.

How about you?

What happened/will happen to the chosen ones?

I would imagine that allowing Gay Pride Parades on the streets of Israel doesn't endear the Chosen people with Jehovah either. ..... :cool:

I don't want you to imagine anything. I want you to express your views, pro or con.

Misnomer... It is not Old Testament it is the Hebrew Scriptures ... Old Testament is a Roman custom based on the last will and Testament of for example Julius Caesar..... There was no New Testament according to Deutoronomy as you are neither to add to or subtract from the scriptures as someone who holds the so called Old Testament dear as you state you already know this right....As for welcoming the strangers you are mistaken there are a minimum of over 2 million “ strangers” living in the truncated land of Israel today.. That is not a problem they are for the most part an accepted part of society and are integrated... Of course there are always the exceptions but if you have come here to dwell in that area I could point out the exceptions wherever people choose to live.there are however people living all around them that are in seige who are the problem at this moment in history.... Things are always in constant motion so it will not always be so...

I would imagine that allowing Gay Pride Parades on the streets of Israel doesn't endear the Chosen people with Jehovah either. ..... :cool:
Why not? God made homosexuality, it can be found all throughout nature.

Why I am here

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His commandments. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

Why are you here-?
Tanach has no problem with peaceful non-Jews residing in Israel.

Why I am here

Why are you here-?
To gain a physical body and keep Gods commandments

That's kind of between G-d and us ... it's a family matter.

No it is not just a family thing. Wars are not limited to the "family"; wars include everyone and everyone suffers from it.

You may want to be alone, you and yours only but it doesn't work that way.

Forum List

Back