Are globalized corporations unamerican?

I mean where do their loyalties lie?
Do they care if America goes down the tubes as long as their profits increase?
Same with those who play the global market.

Does America owe them any breaks or support?

In a Nut shell what you are asking is, is it Un-American to Buy, Sell, and Trade over seas, when you are an American Cooperation.

The Answer is of course so obvious I am shocked you have to ask. No, Cooperation's that do Business in Many Nations around the World, are not Un-American. They Are Practicing one of the great things about America. Free Enterprise. Those Americans who Own Stock in said Multi-National Cooperation's benefit when Said Companies turn a Profit over seas. What is it with you people on the left who just fucking Hate Cooperation's. What exactly is your Post Cooperation's Vision of America? Please Elaborate.

Last edited:
I mean where do their loyalties lie?
Do they care if America goes down the tubes as long as their profits increase?
Same with those who play the global market.

Does America owe them any breaks or support?

In a Nut shell what you are asking is, is it Un-American to Buy, Sell, and Trade over seas, when you are an American Cooperation.

The Answer is of course so obvious I am shocked you have to ask. No, Cooperation's that do Business in Many Nations around the World, are not Un-American. They Are Practicing one of the great things about America. Free Enterprise. Those Americans who Own Stock in said Multi-National Cooperation's benefit when Said Companies turn a Profit over seas. What is it with you people on the left who just fucking Hate Cooperation's. What exactly is your Post Cooperation's Vision of America? Please Elaborate.

I go for supporting America. In investments, jobs, etc.
And I have put much of my money and effort in that direction.
I have owned 2 small businesses that provided above average pay for local workers and produced local services/products.
I sold them to my employees. I was offered more from another larger corp, but turned it down to support my local people.
I also worked with the local votech school to provide internships (paid) and to help them inprove their cirriculum to better fit the local needs.
I provided affordable health care ins for my employees.
Some of them took home more money from the business than I did, but it served my purposes. And they worked harder than I did as well so they deserved it. Money does not buy deserving.

I am not for funneling jobs and money out of the country for short term gains.

Perhaps that makes me a strong patriot? I dunno? I never did much yankee doodle dandy dancing.

Last edited:
You almost gotta laugh or look up Alinsky's "rules for radicals". Now the left is concerned with "unAmericanism". Go figure.

Oh boy, that name sure sounds foreign and look what he named one of his books. Obvious this guy is a....

Why don't you fill in the blank.

You almost gotta laugh or look up Alinsky's "rules for radicals". Now the left is concerned with "unAmericanism". Go figure.

I am not "the left".
I am very pro American. I am for supporting my country and the people in it.
Not for supporting other countries or multinational corporations over my own country's well being.

Believe me Saul Alinsky was also pro American. I can only guess that Beck heard the name, knew that his followers would never do any research and chose to demonize this good man.

He was an anti-communist, pro labor organizer and has been dead since 1972. And since he has a foreign name, he was perfect for smearing.

What nonsense. You are the type of person that wants to punish companies and then complain about outsourcing. Why do you thing companies outsource anyway? It is not because they do not want to be here but because we make it nary impossible to stay profitable. What would you do when prices jump 10 times what they are now because they stopped outsourcing? You cannot pile on regulation after regulation and tax after tax and expect that a company would stay here in America. You cannot expect a head of lettuce to cost one buck and think that hey, unionized workers here in the US making 20 bucks an hour picked this. It is not possible.

Corporations are not people and you expect them to act like they are. They have no loyalties, no obligations and no motivations other than profit within the bounds of the law. Want jobs here then you have to understand that and create law that reflects reality. Low cooperate tax rates, tariffs on imported goods of countries that do not trade evenly and more room within regulations that allow corporations to stay profitable. THAT is what we need, not calling corporations un-American. How can you call a business model un-American? That does not even make the least bit of sense.

Let them try that in Europe? Are you an idiot? BP is BRITISH PETROLEUM yet there LARGEST division is in the US. Other nations companies outsource just as often as companies here do. Maybe in North Korea that is a practice that is not allowed but in the industrialized world they have discovered a better way.

Greece is the redheaded stepchild? Care to show how they are so different? The reality is that Greece fell because they are smaller than the rest so they could not last as long. Europe is in trouble as well though Greece may have woken people up to the fact that debt DOES matter and it does have to ber paid back. You cannot continue to sell tomorrow for comforts today. That is universal and no matter how strong our economy is that truth is still there. I fail to see just how you think that we can continue to do the things that we are doing and NOT end up like Greece.

I get it, HOW is not important. SOMEONE will figure it out. They just need to do it.

First... to answer your question...why do companies outsource? Easy. $1/hour labor and 2.5% import tariffs. If you think it's because of "Restrictive government policies and Unions... you're out of your tree.

Next..Greece is the red headed stepchild. They don't have the economy to be part of the EU. But they still use the Euro for their currency and it's killing them. Funny how Germany and France don't have major problems working with their Citizens.

How do we end up NOT like Greece. Easy... well.. not all that easy politically... too many sacred cows and Monied interests.

1. Live within your means militarily... stop playing world police.

2. Go single payer for health Care.

3. Stop playing Nanny to the world. China's tariff for our products is 25%. Ours for theirs is 2.5%. Demand from China and every other importer an equitable and reciprocal trade policy. If they refuse, jack up the tariffs to match theirs.

4. Stop subsidizing big business and the banking industries.

5. Re-organize our Entitlement programs. Medicare and Medicaid will no longer be in existence(see #2). With the new single payer program, learn from the mistakes of Medicare and streamline it into an efficient model...Take a good hard look at other single payer countries and learn from them. Social Security? There's nothing wrong with Social Security that wasn't caused by Politicians stealing from the fund. Our money needs paid back.

6. Eliminate loopholes for our wealthiest citizens... go back to Clinton era rates for all of us.

Between a Real Trade Policy with our global competitors... (you can't have "Free Trade" when the deck is so stacked against you. Our Trade deficit alone is $500 Billion/year that leaves this country and never comes back)... and single payer health Care system... we are talking about huge amounts of money that will be saved. Not to mention more money in the hands of working people(no Health Insurance Premiums). Sure, they will end up paying a little more in taxes, but no where near the what? $14K or so it costs to maintain Health Insurance.

But I know.. you don't want to hear that. so I'm not sure why I even responded.. it's going to fall on deaf and brainwashed ears anyway.
You should have stopped at "live within your means".
The rest of your post is tripe.
Single payer for 310 million people is a gargantuan undertaking. Without massive bureaucracy and expense, it is impossible.
Single payer would add hundreds of thousands of new federal employees. We can't afford the ones employed now.
Bottom line. Socialized medicine is rationed care. The American people will not tolerate rationing of medical care. Period.

Considering many other industrialized countries with large populations do it fair efficiently, cheaply (compared to us), and give better over all care to everybody, then your comments are nonsense.

Corporatism is a long arm of the government. Since Hamilton won over Jefferson, then corporations are very American.

Most importantly corporations are our slaves. We send them into bankruptcy the second they don't have the best product at the best price in the entire world. You try doing it and you'll have a whole new respect for their glory!

Corporations would be our masters. We the Consumer and We the People must regulate them and make them our Golden Geese. Simply don't pluck them clean.

I am not "the left".
I am very pro American. I am for supporting my country and the people in it.
Not for supporting other countries or multinational corporations over my own country's well being.

Believe me Saul Alinsky was also pro American. I can only guess that Beck heard the name, knew that his followers would never do any research and chose to demonize this good man.

He was an anti-communist, pro labor organizer and has been dead since 1972. And since he has a foreign name, he was perfect for smearing.

Its funny that most of his devotees of anti-big government, anti-big business are now running things in both the g'mint and business and the banks......and what a bang up job they are doing :eusa_whistle:

The radical right, such as Whitehall, religiously follow Saul Alinski. Spiritually they are allied with him and with Joseph McCarthy.

Mercedes already outsources to China.

Mercedes-Benz to Expand Production Capacity in China - autoevolution

Also, Mercedes makes cars in America. We wouldn't have those jobs if Germany decided that only Germans should make Mercedes cars.

I agree with you on the corporate governance part. America is terrible for shareholders rights compared to most of the developed world.

However, a corporation's first duty is to the shareholders, not to the workers. I as a shareholder want my corporation to be as profitable as possible. Putting trade and investment barriers destroys wealth by creating inefficiencies which discourages productivity. All wealth creation comes from productivity. Making companies less productive by forcing them to invest in suboptimal environments merely transfers wealth from shareholders to others and creates a deadweight loss to society.

Outsourcing is not the reason for our debt problem. Our debt problem exists because we had a financial collapse and Americans are not willing to embrace solutions which will fix our fiscal balance.

So if you were a shareholder... you wouldn't give a shit if your Company's employees couldn't raise a family on the wages that they make? If not.... THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH CAPITALISM!!!!!

Outsourcing is a factor in our debt problem. More people working=more revenue. That Financial Collapse that you are referring to? was nothing more than Greed at the top from people who didn't give a shit how it affected people below them... until it all fell apart.... then they begged for a handout.

I just don't see how seemingly adequately intelligent people can't see through this stuff.

Maybe because you are not intelligent?

If workers cannot make do, they will quit and find jobs that will make do.
Outsourcing is not a factor in our debt problem. Spending is.
The "financial collapse" was a result of bad policy and rational decisions based on that policy.

Really Rabbi? Where are all these jobs that they can find that "will make do"? As for the rest... blinders. You want to blame it all on Government, but no fault is to be blamed on the banks. Unbelievable how stupid and one sided you guys are.

That Financial Collapse that you are referring to? was nothing more than Greed at the top .

if at the top you mean liberal government you are correct. Read "Reckless Endangerment"

Now no one can say with a straight face that Fanny/Freddie, CRA, and the Federal Reserve didn't cause the crisis.

Bullshit... Your boys at FOX told you this and you unquestioningly believe it. Try another source. Why is it that if FOX or the Heritage Foundation or some other right wing source tells you something... even stuff that has been PROVEN false... you believe it to your last breath.

But if another source shows you a different POV, you simply trash the source?

Psst... I'll tell you a hard truth... You're Brainwashed. Just like the folks that only get their information from MSNBC. The only difference is... MSNBC doesn't sit there and call every other news outlet bullshit and claim that theirs is the ONLY TRUE source for news like FOX does.

You should have stopped at "live within your means".
The rest of your post is tripe.
Single payer for 310 million people is a gargantuan undertaking. Without massive bureaucracy and expense, it is impossible.
Single payer would add hundreds of thousands of new federal employees. We can't afford the ones employed now.
Bottom line. Socialized medicine is rationed care. The American people will not tolerate rationing of medical care. Period.

Tripe? Ok...

Single payer for 310 million people is the most efficient and streamlined approach.

The American people will not tolerate rationing of medical care? What the fuck do you think the current model is? You pay your premiums and if you get sicker than what the company likes... they drop you. If you have a "pre-existing" condition... they don't cover you. If they don't want to pay for a procedure... they deny you and make you go through a largely futile and time consuming appeal process.

Single payer would add hundreds of thousands of new government jobs? Even if true... at least more people will be working. But the truth is, it's not true. Those government workers over at the Medicare and Medicaid offices? Will be transferred into the program. Will there need to be more added? Sure. But not nearly to the extent that you portray.

Corporations....The lib buzz word for "evil"....
Enough of this class warfare pro union bugle blowing.
Businesses do not operate to employ people. They operate to turn a profit for their owners/investors.
Business owners hire employees because they cannot do all of the work themselves. If that were possible the business would operate without employed help.
I will give you a perfect example.
Parkdale Mills. A company based in North Carolina. This company has been around for many years. During the 1980's market share began to dry up. Textiles became an unprofitable business in the US. Parkdale's management was determined to stay in business closed unprofitable mills then modernized the remaining plants. Employees were released. The retooled plants were designed to operate with little human oversight. Instead of hiring full time people to work in the plants, contract workers were hired to do the work. Wages were competitive with those before the changeover. The company survived and in subsequent years was able to hire full time people ,many of those former contract workers. Parkdale still operates today, turns a profit with about 10% of the workforce it once had.
For those who believe that companies cannot operate without massive employment, they are wrong.

Yep... but technology has nothing to do with the unemployment problem. I seem to recall our President using ATM's as one simple example and being ridiculed for blaming ATM's alone for our unemployment problem.

I believe you just proved the President's point.

I'll tell you one thing. You are right. In certain sectors... you can get by with little human interaction. You gave one example. Let's expand that out... Let's even say most production could be run by machines. How can you then sit there and blame working class people for our problems? If there are no jobs.... how can one be expected to contribute? If you want to relegate people to working in convenience stores... then they should be either paid a living wage, or subsidized by our government to bring them up to a living wage.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that Big Business has the right to make as much money as possible without regard to our people's livelihoods AND not hold them accountable when those same people are so disaffected by the practice.

That means... if they are going to profiteer and run "lights out" factories that require little to no human interaction, then they can't keep begging for more tax breaks and railing against social policies.

What they want is to have their cake and eat it too. They want the tax breaks and the perks and they want to hire as few people as possible, AND they want Social Programs dissolved(to save them even more tax money).

BTW... just out of curiosity... How will people buy the crap that they are selling when they don't have jobs that allow them the luxury of buying anything more than food and shelter? How's that going to work?

So if you were a shareholder... you wouldn't give a shit if your Company's employees couldn't raise a family on the wages that they make? If not.... THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH CAPITALISM!!!!!

Outsourcing is a factor in our debt problem. More people working=more revenue. That Financial Collapse that you are referring to? was nothing more than Greed at the top from people who didn't give a shit how it affected people below them... until it all fell apart.... then they begged for a handout.

I just don't see how seemingly adequately intelligent people can't see through this stuff.

Maybe because you are not intelligent?

If workers cannot make do, they will quit and find jobs that will make do.
Outsourcing is not a factor in our debt problem. Spending is.
The "financial collapse" was a result of bad policy and rational decisions based on that policy.

Really Rabbi? Where are all these jobs that they can find that "will make do"? As for the rest... blinders. You want to blame it all on Government, but no fault is to be blamed on the banks. Unbelievable how stupid and one sided you guys are.

People find the best job for their circumstances they can. Under no circumstances is an employer obligated to pay anything based on a worker's "need." They pay based on competition in the market with other employers.
The banks responded rationally to incentives given to them by the gov't. Are you really too stupid to understand that?
Dont answer that.

Oh boy, that name sure sounds foreign and look what he named one of his books. Obvious this guy is a....

Why don't you fill in the blank.

An American?

I dont know if you'd call that the race card, exactly. But close enough.
I dont know anyone who claimed Sol Alinsky was something other than American.
A radical. The father of domestic terrorism. A shmoe of the first order. Maybe.

Bullshit... Your boys at FOX told you this[liberals caused the recession and housing crisis] and you unquestioningly believe it. Try another source.

1) it goes without saying that a liberal will be slow.

2) Actually all agree that liberals caused the housing recession and are preventing recovery just as FDR prevented recovery from the Depression with liberal policies.

3) Read "Reckless Endangerous" by NY Times writer and then see if you can say with a straight face the liberals didn't cause it

4)Here's the 2 greatest economists( one liberal and one conservative) and 2 greatest papers:

"First consider the once controversial view that the crisis was largely caused by the Fed's holding interest rates too low for too long after the 2001 recession. This view is now so widely held that the editorial pages of both the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal agree on its validity!"...John B. Taylor( arch conservative, author of the Taylor Rule)

" The Federal reserve having done so much to create the problems in which the economy is now mired, having mistakenly thought that even after the housing bubble burst the problems were contained, and having underestimated the severity of the crisis, now wants to make a contribution to preventing the economy from sinking into a Japanese Style malaise....... - "Joseph Stiglitz"

5) as a goofy liberal you need to scapegoat Fox just as the Germans scapegoated Jews. That is why you presented no facts or arguments against Fox. You were told they are evil and you blindly accept it becuase you are liberal.

Last edited:
Single payer for 310 million people is a gargantuan undertaking. .

actually the USSR and Red China tried single payer in all industries and 100 million or so slowly starved to death. That is a bad liberal outcome.

a government program will have no competition!Imagine someone who jogs for fun and someone who races in life and death competition? Who would be a faster runner? Now you understand competion and how it makes us better. Not so hard was it?

Corporations....The lib buzz word for "evil"....
Enough of this class warfare pro union bugle blowing.
Businesses do not operate to employ people. They operate to turn a profit for their owners/investors.
Business owners hire employees because they cannot do all of the work themselves. If that were possible the business would operate without employed help.
I will give you a perfect example.
Parkdale Mills. A company based in North Carolina. This company has been around for many years. During the 1980's market share began to dry up. Textiles became an unprofitable business in the US. Parkdale's management was determined to stay in business closed unprofitable mills then modernized the remaining plants. Employees were released. The retooled plants were designed to operate with little human oversight. Instead of hiring full time people to work in the plants, contract workers were hired to do the work. Wages were competitive with those before the changeover. The company survived and in subsequent years was able to hire full time people ,many of those former contract workers. Parkdale still operates today, turns a profit with about 10% of the workforce it once had.
For those who believe that companies cannot operate without massive employment, they are wrong.

Yep... but technology has nothing to do with the unemployment problem. I seem to recall our President using ATM's as one simple example and being ridiculed for blaming ATM's alone for our unemployment problem.

I believe you just proved the President's point.

I'll tell you one thing. You are right. In certain sectors... you can get by with little human interaction. You gave one example. Let's expand that out... Let's even say most production could be run by machines. How can you then sit there and blame working class people for our problems? If there are no jobs.... how can one be expected to contribute? If you want to relegate people to working in convenience stores... then they should be either paid a living wage, or subsidized by our government to bring them up to a living wage.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that Big Business has the right to make as much money as possible without regard to our people's livelihoods AND not hold them accountable when those same people are so disaffected by the practice.

That means... if they are going to profiteer and run "lights out" factories that require little to no human interaction, then they can't keep begging for more tax breaks and railing against social policies.

What they want is to have their cake and eat it too. They want the tax breaks and the perks and they want to hire as few people as possible, AND they want Social Programs dissolved(to save them even more tax money).

BTW... just out of curiosity... How will people buy the crap that they are selling when they don't have jobs that allow them the luxury of buying anything more than food and shelter? How's that going to work?
The President had no point except to pander to a likely voting base. All politicians do this while in campaign mode. Obama is not governing. He is campaigning.

Since you opened the door....Modernization of manufacturing facilities is necessary to maintain a competitive level. It is what it is.
NO expansion. The example is the example. Period. No spin permitted.
I blame no one. I am simply pointing out the facts. One of those facts is that we are now moving forward into an age where technology is used to minimize the need for mass employment of workers.
"You can't say that Big Business has the right to make as much money as possible without regard to our people's livelihoods AND not hold them accountable when those same people are so disaffected by the practice."
HA! That presupposes the idea that business operates to employ people is true. It is not.
Manufacturing type jobs are not the only type available to blue collar workers. The loss of assembly/factory type work represents the end of an era for those still remaining in the pro union movement. And THAT is what this is all about.
As for the rest of you post "lights out", "Begging for tax breaks"...(BTW the federal government offers subsidies for advanced technologies all the time).....go complain to them)

Are globalized corporations unamerican?

only a liberal would ask that. If they were unAmerican we could make them illegal, but then our corporations and the goods they make would not be world class and so neither would our country.

New Topics

Forum List

Back