Are global warmers really liberal?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/17/s...secute-global-warming-skeptics/#ixzz3m6i5gZfj

Once upon at a time liberals actually believed that each person had a right to have an opposing and even unpopular opinion. Whenever someone said something that contradicted what most other people thought they readily accepted that person's right to have and even possibly share that opinion with others who were willing. Now "liberals" want to prosecute anyone who disagrees with them. Perhaps liberals have changed because now those who disagree with global warming may be thrown in jail. It seems to me that putting people in jail for saying things that other people disagree with is a throwback to an illiberal time when such things were common. It seems to be coming back and it is coming back from the liberal side.

I know a lot of liberals who really do believe in tolerating other opinions but one has got to wonder if these global warmer scientist are liberals at all. They call themselves liberal but they don't act like ones.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/17/s...secute-global-warming-skeptics/#ixzz3m6i5gZfj

Once upon at a time liberals actually believed that each person had a right to have an opposing and even unpopular opinion. Whenever someone said something that contradicted what most other people thought they readily accepted that person's right to have and even possibly share that opinion with others who were willing. Now "liberals" want to prosecute anyone who disagrees with them. Perhaps liberals have changed because now those who disagree with global warming may be thrown in jail. It seems to me that putting people in jail for saying things that other people disagree with is a throwback to an illiberal time when such things were common. It seems to be coming back and it is coming back from the liberal side.

I know a lot of liberals who really do believe in tolerating other opinions but one has got to wonder if these global warmer scientist are liberals at all. They call themselves liberal but they don't act like ones.

Unfortunately American "liberals" have no idea what liberalism actually means, modern liberals think that liberalism means unquestioning obedience to politicians as long as they have a "d" behind their name.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back