Are Germans Getting Their Monies Worth?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I wonder, do they have a clue? Pics and links at site

How Do You Spell "L-I-E"?
This full-page ad ran on three consecutive days in the Miami Herald, Monday 18 April - Wednesday 20 April. One of our readers tells us that it has also appeared in the Houston Chronicle as a half-page color ad. (If any of you have seen the same ad elsewhere, please email us immediately or leave a comment with the details.)

Miami Vice

So, why Miami, of all places!? And Houston? According to a reader who works for the Miami Herald, the three full-pagers in his newspaper alone are costing German taxpayers a total of over $50,000. It would be interesting to see how the average German would react if they knew this is how the government was spending their tax money when over 5 million of their countrymen are unemployed and the country is running a major deficit.

Anyway, here is the ad, featuring Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder as George W. Bush's best friend:

Please feel free to add more "fields" where the German government is "united" with the Bush administration. Here is our suggestion for a re-write:

"Our cooperation, be it in the fight against international terrorism, be it against the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, in all those fields we are united...unless German business interests dictate otherwise, there is an imminent federal election, Joschka "I am not convinced" Fischer objects or someone is planning a protest.

The United States and Germany---

Partners for freedom (except in Iraq), peace (except in China...let's sell em tons of weapons!!!), and prosperity (keep on buying our German luxury cars and power drills!)

For more information, visit the German Consulate General propaganda page, where we will systematically ignore years of anti-Americanism running rampant among members of Mr. Schroeder's government and our friends in the German media and try to convince unknowing Americans that we really do love them! By the way American friends, please, PLEASE keep on buying German imports...we really, really need that...

You probably noticed that in the picture Schroeder is about the height of Bush, which is somewhat out of line with past experience. I guess Schroeder used his little box again...and I guess they will have to replace Merkel with Schroeder on this float now too...

UPDATE: One of our readers just mentioned that he noticed the same ad in the Houston Chronicle. If anyone has seen the same ad in other newspapers, please email us about it or leave a comment in our comments section. Could Schroeder be trying to convince the evil Bush-voters and neocons in conservative "red" states that Germany is really America's big buddy? What will Schroeder's left-wing supporters think of this little ad campaign? Stay tuned...

For our German-speaking readers: Here is an excellent German-language blog with coverage of the story.

(Hattip Lou M.)

I still pay taxes on my property in Germany.

:blowup:

maybe this time I will use my rights and get a mail ballot to vote them
assholes out.

Forum List

Back