Are Fireworks Appropriate on Memorial Day?

Are Fireworks Appropriate on Memorial Day?

• Total voters
Four of my mother's 5 brothers were war veterans.

Dad was as well.

My grandma's grandfather was a Union lieutenant general.
His brother was Lew Wallace.

My daughter in law served in Afghanistan.

My niece is an er doctor who is Army Reserves.

My brother in law was at WEST POINT but left before graduation to go to Viet Nam, where he served with the corps of engineers making bridges (front line service..and beyond the front lines).

My uncle Jimmy ran radio wire across enemy lines during the Korean War, and my father, in addition to other things, did a stint at the White House.

Everybody on this site who has been on for any time has heard all this before.

And there are many, many more....like I said...including those who are currently serving.

I have no problem with it. We're celebrating the lives of our soldiers ... not their deaths. We're remembering their courage, valor, and self-sacrifice. We're remembering the ones who died but also the ones who lived and are living. So I don't personally see fireworks as disrespectful at all.

Learn what Memorial means. It's not Pet a Living Vet day.

Well I finally agree with this poster.

The other thing that everybody who posts here knows about me...I don't lie.

You won't catch me in a lie, because I just don't. I don't need to. I leave that to little anti-American faggots like you. I shudder to think what my dad would have thought of you.

You are mistaken...everyone here knows you are a lying ****. You are just too stupid to know the definition of liar.

Why don't you ask your pretend family members about Memorial Day...maybe they will set you straight.
Lol..I spent all Memorial Day talking with them about it.

The other thing that everybody who posts here knows about me...I don't lie.

You won't catch me in a lie, because I just don't. I don't need to. I leave that to little anti-American faggots like you. I shudder to think what my dad would have thought of you.

You are mistaken...everyone here knows you are a lying ****. You are just too stupid to know the definition of liar.

Why don't you ask your pretend family members about Memorial Day...maybe they will set you straight.
Lol..I spent all Memorial Day talking with them about it.
Now I know you are a liar. YOu just said your dad was dead...did you have a seance?

You missed the part where I said my son, daughter in law, niece and various and assorted others served as well. Go back and read it again, genius.

Lol..no militia.

Nice to see you badmouth veterans though, in a thread where you presume to tell veterans how they should honor the dead.

You're a little anti-American puke. Nobody in my family would give you the time of day, unless you were stupid enough to say some of the offensive shit in their hearing that you like to say on here. You're the pansies that are protected by people like my dad, my uncles, my daughter in law, my niece, my son. You don't deserve it, but you get it anyway. That's what good, brave people do. They lay down their lives for weak, cowardly people like you who cower in corners and sewers.

But don't think that means that anybody gives a shit about you. They don't. They think you and the rest of the little dweebs like you are worthless.

And they're right.

Last edited:
"Former Army Maj. Matthew Burden, a military blogger who often shares stories of the fallen, shared this:
"It is important to remember them, and it is just as important to enjoy yourself this weekend. To spend time with your family and friends," he told BI. "What better assurance to them that they did not die in vain? Enjoying your freedom and understanding it's value is the best way to honor the sacrifices of my friends. That's the way they'd want you to spend Memorial Day."

Last edited:
That's quite enough trolling. Keep it civil and address the OP.

You are celebrating those who DIED. Do you usually do that with fireworks just so you can enjoy blowing shit up?

Yes, you're obviously broken up about it. LOL, what a douche.
I give the cannon fodder and hired killers the respect they are do. For enforcing American foreign policy in countries half way around the world that we have no right to be in, they do okay at times.

Short lived. Now you are being a jackass.

" While living in Dallas, it meant a lot to Grady Chism to sit outside on a blanket while listening to a choir singing powerful, patriotic songs and watching fireworks to commemorate Memorial Day. It meant so much that when he moved to the Bryan-College Station area, he decided to bring the tradition with him.
"With A&M and the traditions of B-CS, this town is very patriotic and loves its men and women in the military," Chism said. "As an Army vet, I believe I am very patriotic. I believe God and country go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly. I wanted to do something for the community to celebrate."

Concert, fireworks kick off Memorial Day activities in Bryan-College Station - The Eagle: Spotlight

Yes, you're obviously broken up about it. LOL, what a douche.
I give the cannon fodder and hired killers the respect they are do. For enforcing American foreign policy in countries half way around the world that we have no right to be in, they do okay at times.

Short lived. Now you are being a jackass.

I told you so. This thread isn't about how to properly celebrate memorial day. It's about not celebrating it at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back