are firefighters and police more important than teachers ?

People can argue about Unions all they want, but the Federal, State and Local governments don't have the money anymore. It's that simple.

Thats true and it has nothing to do with collective bargaining. I dont know why I'm seeing this arguement interchange so often

[Most human beings have humility and modesty about their jobs . . . except for teachers.

That's ignorant. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting something that ignorant.
cecille has earned the title of THE most ignorant poster on this board.

And that's no small feat considering the many radicala RWers that spew their swill day in and day out.

Good point (I think)
They're all important, we just can't afford to pay them high wages and gold plated medical benefits anymore.

Yeah, being a public school teacher is really the path to riches.

I just read a news article that said a high school English teacher in Manhattan makes around $100,000 a year. I made $28,000 as a starting teacher. My wife has been teaching over five years and makes a little over $30,000. I no longer teach... You're right, I think cops, firegfighters, and teachers get paid like dogs. Makes me sick when sports stars get paid to play a kids' game

First of all, what's it to you what anyone else gets paid, or what they get paid for, as long as it's legal? It makes ME sick to watch people get all emotionally invested in the lives of total strangers.

Second of all, sports stars don't get paid "to play a kid's game". They get paid 1) to entertain literally millions of people, 2) because their skill sets are extremely rare, and 3) because they generate a great deal of income for a very large number of people, and I don't just mean the team owners and the advertisers.

Now, your own personal, arbitrary set of standards may consider entertainment to be unimportant, but that is exactly why we DON'T have a Board of Importance setting salaries for people. Any psychiatrist will tell you the laundry list of benefits that entertainment brings with it to the human psyche. There's a good reason why the movie industry was one of the few that remained strong in regard to profits during the Great Depression: because people desperately need the outlet that entertainment and frivolity give them.

I greatly and deeply admire people who choose to make their living helping, saving, and protecting other people, don't get me wrong. But it is a fact that the skills and talents necessary to be a cop or a firefighter, a paramedic or a teacher just aren't that uncommon. People who can do those jobs competently are relatively easy to come by. And the easier you are to replace, the less you get paid. No one has a problem accepting that reality when the person in question is the drive-through guy at the local Burger King, but somehow, they think economic truths should somehow be suspended for safety services and teachers. Not gonna happen.

Last but not least, however much you want to pooh-pooh sports (or movie stars, although for some reason, they just never get mentioned as often as athletes) for its lack of importance, I'd say the guy who works the ticket booth at the stadium, or the groundskeepers and maintenance guys, or the scads of lower-level staffers of all types at the networks and TV stations, who manage to make a living because of the rabid sports fans who flock to the games - either in person or on television - to see whoever the big-name athlete is, consider sports to be pretty damned important. If the rest of society started taking your humorless, stick-up-the-ass, Puritan view of "how silly, it's just a kid's game", not only would the world be a lot more bleak, boring, and unpleasant, but all those people would be out of jobs. Consider that the next time you want to get on your judgemental high horse.

[Most human beings have humility and modesty about their jobs . . . except for teachers.

That's ignorant. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting something that ignorant.
cecille has earned the title of THE most ignorant poster on this board.

And that's no small feat considering the many radicala RWers that spew their swill day in and day out.

No, dear, that title will belong to you for as long as you continue to labor under the mistaken belief that your opinion matters to me. "Oh, noes! I'm not smart by MarcATL's standards! Where can I find a cliff off of which to throw myself?! I MUST have the respect of someone I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire! NOOOOOO! The horror! The despair!" :lmao:

By the way, I loved how you demonstrated your own personal "brilliance" by attaching THIS comment to a rep:

Clearly your ignorance knows no bounds, ,clearly.

And THEN you ended up making it a POSITIVE rep. Good job, genius.

Last edited:
>

Kind of hard to say that teachers are more important than cops or cops more important than teachers...

............................. But I bet without teachers we'd need a lot more cops.

>>>>

Yeah, being a public school teacher is really the path to riches.

I just read a news article that said a high school English teacher in Manhattan makes around $100,000 a year. I made $28,000 as a starting teacher. My wife has been teaching over five years and makes a little over $30,000. I no longer teach... You're right, I think cops, firegfighters, and teachers get paid like dogs. Makes me sick when sports stars get paid to play a kids' game

First of all, what's it to you what anyone else gets paid, or what they get paid for, as long as it's legal? It makes ME sick to watch people get all emotionally invested in the lives of total strangers.

Second of all, sports stars don't get paid "to play a kid's game". They get paid 1) to entertain literally millions of people, 2) because their skill sets are extremely rare, and 3) because they generate a great deal of income for a very large number of people, and I don't just mean the team owners and the advertisers.

Now, your own personal, arbitrary set of standards may consider entertainment to be unimportant, but that is exactly why we DON'T have a Board of Importance setting salaries for people. Any psychiatrist will tell you the laundry list of benefits that entertainment brings with it to the human psyche. There's a good reason why the movie industry was one of the few that remained strong in regard to profits during the Great Depression: because people desperately need the outlet that entertainment and frivolity give them.

I greatly and deeply admire people who choose to make their living helping, saving, and protecting other people, don't get me wrong. But it is a fact that the skills and talents necessary to be a cop or a firefighter, a paramedic or a teacher just aren't that uncommon. People who can do those jobs competently are relatively easy to come by. And the easier you are to replace, the less you get paid. No one has a problem accepting that reality when the person in question is the drive-through guy at the local Burger King, but somehow, they think economic truths should somehow be suspended for safety services and teachers. Not gonna happen.

Last but not least, however much you want to pooh-pooh sports (or movie stars, although for some reason, they just never get mentioned as often as athletes) for its lack of importance, I'd say the guy who works the ticket booth at the stadium, or the groundskeepers and maintenance guys, or the scads of lower-level staffers of all types at the networks and TV stations, who manage to make a living because of the rabid sports fans who flock to the games - either in person or on television - to see whoever the big-name athlete is, consider sports to be pretty damned important. If the rest of society started taking your humorless, stick-up-the-ass, Puritan view of "how silly, it's just a kid's game", not only would the world be a lot more bleak, boring, and unpleasant, but all those people would be out of jobs. Consider that the next time you want to get on your judgemental high horse.

You just did more juding in this one post than I've done in the last three threads I've posted on. Are you freaking nuts?

First things first...I can get more and cheaper entertainment from watching little league baseball than watching a professional sporting event. I've been to NUMEROUS professional events. I can tell you this much, while I was entertain, it's hardly as entertaining as high school events. That being said, tell me why you think a sports star should make 20 million in a couple of years? While a police officer who protects that sports star makes $30,000 a year? Or why a coach who enhanced his ability as a ball-player gets paid $30,000 a year?

You need to get off your high donkey ma'am. You made about a hundred conjectures in your post...all of which you judged something that I did not say. I said nothing about sports benefitting or not benefitting society. But tell me, Is Alex Rodriguez going to show up at your house and save you when your home his burning? Is Barry Bonds going to teach your kids how to live in the world? NO DAMN WAY. These sports stars get paid WAY too much money. A child can play the game and provide just as much entertainment as they can. I don't have a problem with some of these stars making a little more than others based on their talent, but it's frickin ridiculous for them to decide that 18 million is not enough for them, so the go on strike and haggle for 25 milllion to play a sport to make a living....WHILE. Where do they get off deciding that the millinos they already make isn't enough. You all bitch about how all kinds of money get passed through politicians' and corporations' hands but you don't complain about athletes getting paid?

I also did not say a damn thing about it being legal or illegal. It's my damn opinion that I'm entitled to. If you want to claim that sports and movie stars are more important to daily life and the functioning of our society, keep dreaming and remaining ignorant. There are plenty of other countries, that lack a film industry, that have survived depressions, wars, etc...

Society needs both firefighters and teachers.

Gov. David ”I’m Mr. Koch’s whore!’ Walker is obviously cynically trying to pit firefighters and cops against teachers and public nurses, and split their support.

But like most fringe rightwingers, Gov. Walker is evidently unaware that most human beings, including most firefighters, have humility and modesty about their jobs and are not prone to viewing themselves as superior to other public workers. The chances are slim to none that the firefighters union is going to throw the teachers union under the bus, and support Walkers cynical proposal to only let firefighters and cops have collective bargaining.

Most human beings have humility and modesty about their jobs . . . except for teachers. I can't think of another job/profession in the world about which we hear a constant tirade of "Oh, my GOD, this is so important, and you selfish bastards undervalue it. Don't you understand it's FOR THE CHILDREN?!" I can't think of another job/profession that has as many award ceremonies every year as teachers. Even actors, otherwise the penultimate example of narcissistic navel-gazing, don't have that many award ceremonies.

I think I have officially lost all respect for you as a poster. Everything you have posted in this thread is a reflection of pure hate towards the teaching profession. It's truly ignorant of you to bunch an entire profession into one group and claim their bad. From what you say, all teachers are self-righteous scoundrels that prey upon the people claiming that it's for the kids? LOLOLOL. :cuckoo: There are bad teachers just like their are bad cops, bad firefighters, bad posters, bad actors, etc... But to say that all are bad is just pure stupidity. There are teachers that get paid like shit and still do what they do. They work in dumps, get shit on by adminsitrations, and get shit on by parents and yet, they stick with it and educate the kids. Their hands are tied behind their back while being expected to still teach. They are better people than I am. I taught for two years and quit because it's freaking ridiculous. There's too much stress, too little pay, and not enough support. Until shit-ass parents start teaching their kids to behave and learn in school, and politicians start making it easy for teachers to ACTUALLY TEACH, then it'll continue to be all three of the above.

Gov. David ”I’m Mr. Koch’s whore!’ Walker is obviously cynically trying to pit firefighters and cops against teachers and public nurses, and split their support.

But like most fringe rightwingers, Gov. Walker is evidently unaware that most human beings, including most firefighters, have humility and modesty about their jobs and are not prone to viewing themselves as superior to other public workers. The chances are slim to none that the firefighters union is going to throw the teachers union under the bus, and support Walkers cynical proposal to only let firefighters and cops have collective bargaining.

Most human beings have humility and modesty about their jobs . . . except for teachers. I can't think of another job/profession in the world about which we hear a constant tirade of "Oh, my GOD, this is so important, and you selfish bastards undervalue it. Don't you understand it's FOR THE CHILDREN?!" I can't think of another job/profession that has as many award ceremonies every year as teachers. Even actors, otherwise the penultimate example of narcissistic navel-gazing, don't have that many award ceremonies.

I think I have officially lost all respect for you as a poster. Everything you have posted in this thread is a reflection of pure hate towards the teaching profession. It's truly ignorant of you to bunch an entire profession into one group and claim their bad. From what you say, all teachers are self-righteous scoundrels that prey upon the people claiming that it's for the kids? LOLOLOL. :cuckoo: There are bad teachers just like their are bad cops, bad firefighters, bad posters, bad actors, etc... But to say that all are bad is just pure stupidity. There are teachers that get paid like shit and still do what they do. They work in dumps, get shit on by adminsitrations, and get shit on by parents and yet, they stick with it and educate the kids. Their hands are tied behind their back while being expected to still teach. They are better people than I am. I taught for two years and quit because it's freaking ridiculous. There's too much stress, too little pay, and not enough support. Until shit-ass parents start teaching their kids to behave and learn in school, and politicians start making it easy for teachers to ACTUALLY TEACH, then it'll continue to be all three of the above.

union members drink during work sometimes, that's a perk

Would it be incorrect to say that ONLY union members sometimes drink during work?

Sure, unions worked back during the Industrial Revolution to increase wages, shorten working hours, and improve working conditions. These things (for the most part) have been accomplished. We do not work in conditions rival to that of the early 1900s. Unions are the reason we can't manufacture anything in this country without charging an arm and a leg. This is the primary reason why jobs are outsorced to other countries. Granted, no one would want to work for 50 cents a week, however, who can expect an employee to pay a worker 30 dollars an hour to manufacture TVs. Unions are one of many things that are going to destroy this country. They helped build it, and they will help to destroy it. The market will follow what the working people do. If they make less, then they can afford less. If corporations want to sell their products, then they'll have to charge less for their products.

Would it be incorrect to say that ONLY union members sometimes drink during work?

i guess so, because i saw some guys partying on their lunch hour, drinkin' 40's and smokin' weed. they were car builders....
it was on FOXNEWS

david gregory just asked gov walker on meat the press, about some exemptions for police and fire, while still encouraging them to engage in collective bargaining.

""are you saying that sand police are more important than teachers who spend six hours a day in a class room?"

and i say... yes, yes they are. they are more important to our society.

without the educations the police and firefighters got from their teachers k=12, i doubt they would have those jobs that they have today...:D

You just did more juding in this one post than I've done in the last three threads I've posted on. Are you freaking nuts?

You are mistaken. You do more judging . . . but you spend very little time recognizing it or analyzing where it comes from. That's why my post was longer.

First things first...I can get more and cheaper entertainment from watching little league baseball than watching a professional sporting event. I've been to NUMEROUS professional events. I can tell you this much, while I was entertain, it's hardly as entertaining as high school events. That being said, tell me why you think a sports star should make 20 million in a couple of years? While a police officer who protects that sports star makes $30,000 a year? Or why a coach who enhanced his ability as a ball-player gets paid $30,000 a year?

First things first: Everything in the world isn't all about you, so get over yourself. Professional sports is not automatically unentertaining and therefore valueless just because YOUR individual, sorry little ass doesn't happen to enjoy them very much. Next time, talk to me about something relevant, which means NOT your personal, anecdotal opinions and experience.

You need to get off your high donkey ma'am.

I'M not the one presuming to judge the worth of someone else's job based on my own personal perceptions of "what's important". I'm not the one running around talking about how "sick" it makes me that someone I've never met DARES to make more money than I think he should. So if someone around here is sitting on an ass that's way too high, I'd say you're the more likely choice.

You made about a hundred conjectures in your post...all of which you judged something that I did not say.

No, I just made ONE observation of something you DID say: "Makes me sick when sports stars get paid to play a kids' game". Don't blame ME if your words reveal nasty things about your character - or lack thereof - that you want to pretend don't exist.

I said nothing about sports benefitting or not benefitting society.

"Makes me sick when sports stars get paid to play a kids' game". Delude yourself about what that sentence means, but don't demand that I get on the Willfully Blind and Stupid Train with you.

But tell me, Is Alex Rodriguez going to show up at your house and save you when your home his burning?

Who asked him to? Believe it or not, not everyone in the world can be a firefighter or other first responder, and not everyone in the world NEEDS to be. It's actually okay for other people to hold other jobs that are appropriate for their personal skill sets. Please remember that YOU are the pompous snob presuming to judge people and their jobs by "importance", not me.

Is Barry Bonds going to teach your kids how to live in the world? NO DAMN WAY.

Who asked him to? That's MY job.

These sports stars get paid WAY too much money.

I'm curious at this point who elected you Grand High Arbiter of Job Importance and Salary Apportionment. Whoever it was had their heads up their asses, clearly, since you're obviously way too ignorant and childish to have the first clue how salaries are actually decided, and you also clearly have some sort of God complex that makes you assume that you're smarter and more morally aware than other people, AND that you have any goddamned right to decide how employers spend their money.

I'll ask you again: What's it to you how much money anyone else gets paid, if you're not the one doing the paying?

A child can play the game and provide just as much entertainment as they can.

It's interesting how millions of sports fans, spending billions of dollars every year on those sports, disagree with you, and yet YOU are the last word on the reality of the situation.

I don't have a problem with some of these stars making a little more than others based on their talent, but it's frickin ridiculous for them to decide that 18 million is not enough for them, so the go on strike and haggle for 25 milllion to play a sport to make a living....WHILE.

Well, it's incredibly freaking generous of you to grudgingly allow people you don't employ to make "a little more" of money that isn't yours to begin with. I always like when people like you magnanimously concede people's rights to do things in situations that are NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. Speaking of fricking ridiculous, your hubris is just breathtaking.

Where do they get off deciding that the millinos they already make isn't enough.

Where do YOU get off deciding that it IS enough, when it's . . . stay with me here . . . NOT YOUR MONEY.

You all bitch about how all kinds of money get passed through politicians' and corporations' hands but you don't complain about athletes getting paid?

I don't bitch about corporations at all, because . . . once again . . . IT'S NOT MY MONEY. I bitch about politicians, damned right, because that IS my money. None of the money the athletes are getting is mine, or ever was, since I'm not a sports fan. But even if I WAS, I wouldn't bitch, because in that case, I spent it voluntarily, rather than having it taken from me forcibly by the IRS.

I also did not say a damn thing about it being legal or illegal.

Neither did I, except in the sense that if it WAS illegal, you might have some cause to have your bowels all in an uproar about it. Personally, I definitely get sick at the idea of drug dealers, Mafia dons, and other criminals having huge wads of cash and living it up, because they break the law and they hurt people. As long as someone's making their money legally and they're not taking it from me via taxes, I don't consider it my business, and neither should you.

It's my damn opinion that I'm entitled to.

And I'm entitled to tell you that your opinion is that of a halfwit voyeur who should learn to mind his own business instead of sitting around, eating his liver out with impotent rage over the lives of total strangers.

If you're going to insist on slathering your idiot opinions all over the Internet, don't even bother wasting time with a faux-outraged protest of "I'm entitled to have an opinion" when someone tells you how moronic you sound.

If you want to claim that sports and movie stars are more important to daily life and the functioning of our society, keep dreaming and remaining ignorant. There are plenty of other countries, that lack a film industry, that have survived depressions, wars, etc...

You just don't get it, do you, twerp? Just because YOU are so puerile as to run around, spouting off about "important jobs" as though that means something in the real, adult world, that doesn't mean that people who shower you with contempt are ALSO holding that puerile worldview, and just have a different idea of WHICH jobs are important.

My point, which clearly went right over your pinhead, is that "playing a kids' game" isn't actually what athletes get paid for. They get paid for generating income. The more they generate, the more they get paid. And they DO serve a purpose in society, just as any legal job does. Whether or not they're "important" is an erroneous calculation that I'll leave the mentally- and emotionally-stunted people like you to waste time on.

I think I have officially lost all respect for you as a poster.

::snip a lot of pointless blah, blah intended to make me feel stricken and devastated that an ignorant pissant online has officially withdrawn his never-asked-for-or-cared-about respect and approval::

Actually, I'd say my ::snip:: pretty much says it all.

You are mistaken. You do more judging . . . but you spend very little time recognizing it or analyzing where it comes from. That's why my post was longer.

First things first: Everything in the world isn't all about you, so get over yourself. Professional sports is not automatically unentertaining and therefore valueless just because YOUR individual, sorry little ass doesn't happen to enjoy them very much. Next time, talk to me about something relevant, which means NOT your personal, anecdotal opinions and experience.

I'M not the one presuming to judge the worth of someone else's job based on my own personal perceptions of "what's important". I'm not the one running around talking about how "sick" it makes me that someone I've never met DARES to make more money than I think he should. So if someone around here is sitting on an ass that's way too high, I'd say you're the more likely choice.

No, I just made ONE observation of something you DID say: "Makes me sick when sports stars get paid to play a kids' game". Don't blame ME if your words reveal nasty things about your character - or lack thereof - that you want to pretend don't exist.

"Makes me sick when sports stars get paid to play a kids' game". Delude yourself about what that sentence means, but don't demand that I get on the Willfully Blind and Stupid Train with you.

Who asked him to? Believe it or not, not everyone in the world can be a firefighter or other first responder, and not everyone in the world NEEDS to be. It's actually okay for other people to hold other jobs that are appropriate for their personal skill sets. Please remember that YOU are the pompous snob presuming to judge people and their jobs by "importance", not me.

I'm curious at this point who elected you Grand High Arbiter of Job Importance and Salary Apportionment. Whoever it was had their heads up their asses, clearly, since you're obviously way too ignorant and childish to have the first clue how salaries are actually decided, and you also clearly have some sort of God complex that makes you assume that you're smarter and more morally aware than other people, AND that you have any goddamned right to decide how employers spend their money.

I'll ask you again: What's it to you how much money anyone else gets paid, if you're not the one doing the paying?

It's interesting how millions of sports fans, spending billions of dollars every year on those sports, disagree with you, and yet YOU are the last word on the reality of the situation.

Well, it's incredibly freaking generous of you to grudgingly allow people you don't employ to make "a little more" of money that isn't yours to begin with. I always like when people like you magnanimously concede people's rights to do things in situations that are NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS. Speaking of fricking ridiculous, your hubris is just breathtaking.

Where do YOU get off deciding that it IS enough, when it's . . . stay with me here . . . NOT YOUR MONEY.

I don't bitch about corporations at all, because . . . once again . . . IT'S NOT MY MONEY. I bitch about politicians, damned right, because that IS my money. None of the money the athletes are getting is mine, or ever was, since I'm not a sports fan. But even if I WAS, I wouldn't bitch, because in that case, I spent it voluntarily, rather than having it taken from me forcibly by the IRS.

Neither did I, except in the sense that if it WAS illegal, you might have some cause to have your bowels all in an uproar about it. Personally, I definitely get sick at the idea of drug dealers, Mafia dons, and other criminals having huge wads of cash and living it up, because they break the law and they hurt people. As long as someone's making their money legally and they're not taking it from me via taxes, I don't consider it my business, and neither should you.

It's my damn opinion that I'm entitled to.

And I'm entitled to tell you that your opinion is that of a halfwit voyeur who should learn to mind his own business instead of sitting around, eating his liver out with impotent rage over the lives of total strangers.

If you're going to insist on slathering your idiot opinions all over the Internet, don't even bother wasting time with a faux-outraged protest of "I'm entitled to have an opinion" when someone tells you how moronic you sound.

If you want to claim that sports and movie stars are more important to daily life and the functioning of our society, keep dreaming and remaining ignorant. There are plenty of other countries, that lack a film industry, that have survived depressions, wars, etc...

You just don't get it, do you, twerp? Just because YOU are so puerile as to run around, spouting off about "important jobs" as though that means something in the real, adult world, that doesn't mean that people who shower you with contempt are ALSO holding that puerile worldview, and just have a different idea of WHICH jobs are important.

My point, which clearly went right over your pinhead, is that "playing a kids' game" isn't actually what athletes get paid for. They get paid for generating income. The more they generate, the more they get paid. And they DO serve a purpose in society, just as any legal job does. Whether or not they're "important" is an erroneous calculation that I'll leave the mentally- and emotionally-stunted people like you to waste time on.

sigh....where do I begin.

First: :anj_stfu:

I'm not going to address your post line-by-line because its all bullshit. You make these super-posts and expect them to actually be worth something. You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

Your post is nothing but a nonsequential rant that has done nothing other than to persuade me that my OPINION can't be my opinion. You are the only pompus windbag here that is telling other people what to think and what their opinions should be. Your accusing me of being judgemental while you sit here and judge my opinion...what a hypocrite. You were the first one on here to start mass juding teachers and the profession. How ignorant are you? Answer: beyond ignorance and borderline-retarded.

If you want to live in fairytale land and believe that the money "isn't your money" then keep believing that. It's all of our money and it's being devalued every day. On top of that, these sports "stars" get paid millions while the rest of us live paycheck to paycheck, and then have to balls to demand more. You're right, I don't have the right to tell someone else what to do with their money, but I can sure as hell criticize the system that allows this ass backwards flow of money. Next time a soldier dies for your ability to be a bitch, I'll let you explain why his job is less important than a professional ball player, and then explain to his family why he gets paid like shit. The next time a police-officer dies in the line-of-duty, I'll let you explain why his pension is small and why a sports athlete contributes more to this society because they helped us through the depression. I have not once questioned the legality of the issue...but let's face it, every law is just and every practice we have is morally right...:cuckoo:

I have an opinion, and I am damn well free to voice it. You can kiss my ass if you don't like it. I call it like I see it. You're obviously just a grouchy-ass old woman who watches way too many sports and movies...Wake up and smell your own shit.

>

Kind of hard to say that teachers are more important than cops or cops more important than teachers...

............................. But I bet without teachers we'd need a lot more cops.

>>>>

I'd like to know exactly WHY it's so hard to say that cops are more important than teachers. It's certainly possible to say that teachers are more important than virtually everyone else, because people say it ad nauseam. So why is it we can't employ that same calculation to teachers and first responders and come to the conclusion that first responders are more important? Is it just because the whole entire calculation was "teachers = most important of all", no thought needed?

sigh....where do I begin.

First: :anj_stfu:

First, whenever you think you're man enough to try to make me, bring it on. Until then, I find it telling that I am perfectly happy to let you say whatever you want, and just tell you how moronic I think it is, but YOU feel it necessary to try, however futile it is, to actually make those who disagree with you stop talking. Hmmm.

I'm not going to address your post line-by-line because its all bullshit.

Also, you can't. You don't have any responses, and besides, it might actually make you think, and your raison d'etre is making sweeping statements based on assumptions, isn't it?

You make these super-posts and expect them to actually be worth something. You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

Brevity is no virtue when your posts are short only because you have nothing intelligent to say.

Your post is nothing but a nonsequential rant that has done nothing other than to persuade me that my OPINION can't be my opinion.

Nope. They're to point out how fucking stupid and baseless your opinion is. If you were bright enough to convince of anything, you wouldn't hold such meaningless opinions based on no thought whatsoever in the first place, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If your argument is going to be, "No one should ever post if they're just stating their own opinion and not changing other people's minds", then you should never have typed a single word, by the way. I really doubt that "It makes me sick that sports stars get paid to play a kid's game" convinced anyone of anything except that you're a mindless, kneejerk dolt.

You are the only pompus windbag here that is telling other people what to think and what their opinions should be.

I haven't told you what to think, ass hat. I'd have to believe you're capable of thinking to do that. What I've told you is how little thinking you've actually done so far. I've also told you what the facts are.

Again, if you have a problem with someone looking at your opinion and saying, "I think that's a steaming pile of dog shit, and here's WHY I think that", then what the fuck are you doing posting your opinion on a public forum? Did you think USMB was a vanity website, where you post your mindless emotions and everyone pats you on the back and tells you how brilliant and compassionate you are?

Oh, as far as "pompous windbag" goes, at least I make the effort to actually answer your posts, in great detail as a matter of fact. You, on the other hand, are spending a lot of words to tell me how you can't be bothered to respond to anything I've said, and how you don't like me. Let's just stipulate to the fact that I don't WANT you to like me, and perhaps you can move on to debating instead of empty attacks.

Your accusing me of being judgemental while you sit here and judge my opinion...what a hypocrite. You were the first one on here to start mass juding teachers and the profession. How ignorant are you? Answer: beyond ignorance and borderline-retarded.

My judgement is of actions and their quality, both yours and the teachers and teacher cheerleaders who want everyone to worship at the altar of the selfless sainthood of teachers everywhere. And I am perfectly honest about doing it. The hypocrisy comes when you want to make snap decisions about other people with no facts, and then get your panties in a ruffle that someone DARES to point out that what you're doing is wrong. Feel free to judge something in your purview. My problem with you comes when you want to judge things that are none of your business, like what salaries should be based on "importance" in your eyes.

If you want to live in fairytale land and believe that the money "isn't your money" then keep believing that. It's all of our money and it's being devalued every day.

Nice attempt at topic-hopping, fucktard, but we are NOT talking about the general currency of the United States, nor its devaluation. We are talking specifically about people's salaries, and who pays them. I don't pay the salaries of professional athletes by any stretch of any imagination, not even one as fevered as yours. I DO pay the salaries of the politicians and other public servants whose districts I live in. The first is none of my business. The second is.

On top of that, these sports "stars" get paid millions while the rest of us live paycheck to paycheck, and then have to balls to demand more.

What has one to do with the other? If this or that pro athlete suddenly had his salary cut in half, how would that change MY income in any way? Or anyone else's who's living "paycheck to paycheck"? And whether or not he demands more in a contract negotiation with his employer is as irrelevant to my life - and those of every other average everyday citizen - as my husband's contract negotiations with HIS employer are to the athlete.

You're right, I don't have the right to tell someone else what to do with their money, but I can sure as hell criticize the system that allows this ass backwards flow of money.

And I can sure as hell criticize YOU for thinking the system is ass-backwards just because it doesn't fit your simplistic view of how things "should be".

Next time a soldier dies for your ability to be a bitch, I'll let you explain why his job is less important than a professional ball player, and then explain to his family why he gets paid like shit.

I don't have to explain to him that his job is less important, because once again, that is YOUR ignorant, juvenile schtick. Please try to understand - once again - that just because YOU are so goddamned stupid that you run around, pointing fingers and saying, "This is important. This isn't" does NOT mean that the rest of the world does the same thing. Stop projecting your mental damage onto me.

I don't have to explain to a soldier and his family why he gets paid what he does. If he's got any brains on the ball (which would make him smarter than you automatically), he already knows why: because there's no shortage of people who can and will do his job. It had nothing to do with any arbitrary judgement of "importance" when we started talking, it hasn't had anything to do with an arbitrary judgement of "importance" throughout this conversation, and it's never going to have anything to do with an arbitrary judgement of "importance", no matter how stubbornly you refuse to grow up and think like an adult.

The next time a police-officer dies in the line-of-duty, I'll let you explain why his pension is small and why a sports athlete contributes more to this society because they helped us through the depression. I have not once questioned the legality of the issue...but let's face it, every law is just and every practice we have is morally right...:cuckoo:

Same answer, fuckface. You're not representative of the entire world's way of thinking. You're only representative of the mentally-stunted-at-age-twelve section of the world.

I have an opinion, and I am damn well free to voice it. You can kiss my ass if you don't like it. I call it like I see it. You're obviously just a grouchy-ass old woman who watches way too many sports and movies...Wake up and smell your own shit.

For someone who likes to end his posts defending his right to free speech - which has never been questioned by me - you sure are fast to tell other people to shut up. Speaking of hypocrites . . .

It's a coincidence, but I call it like I see it, too, and what I see is someone who needs to pull on his big boy Underoos and move into the world of adult reality. Even Peter Pan had to grow up eventually.

Or at least man up enough to debate, instead of posting long, empty diatribes about "Your points are bullshit, and not worth answering, so I just hate you, hate you, HATE YOU!!!" Tell me, did you stomp your feet while you were typing, little boy?

Forum List

Back