are firefighters and police more important than teachers ?

"the risk Cops... take every day"

Yes. Driving 90 down a surface street while talking on a cell-phone and playing with a dashboard computer without lights or siren is noble indeed :p

as for firefighters risking their lives EVERY DAY, give me a break

Police and Fire are Primary Defense, they are Para Military. The role, the dangers, vary from place to place, that is true, but they are the bottom line in crisis. Mock away. ;)

Yes. Driving 90 down a surface street while talking on a cell-phone and playing with a dashboard computer without lights or siren is noble indeed :p

Police and Fire are Primary Defense, they are Para Military. The role, the dangers, vary from place to place, that is true, but they are the bottom line in crisis. Mock away. ;)

You want the police to be para military?

Are you sure about that?

People can argue about Unions all they want, but the Federal, State and Local governments don't have the money anymore. It's that simple.

You want the police to be para military?

Are you sure about that?

They are already.

Whose more important:

The Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines?

nice try but the teacher's and unions aren't in any of those groups

there's your false dichotomy

I thought this was about comparing the relative value of one job versus another?

What do unions have to do with that?

It's is a false dichotomy. Inserted to show how silly your false dichotomy is.

PARAMILITARY patrolling every city? Is that consistent with individual liberty?

PARAMILITARY patrolling every city? Is that consistent with individual liberty?

What is with you? Cops Patrol Every day.

Whose more important:

The Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines?

I thought this was about comparing the relative value of one job versus another?

this is about emergency service being more important than teachers. teachers trying to compare themselves as such, and the union has become the teacher, they are part of each other. for better or worse they are one.

We are all Teachers, we don't however all run against the crowd, or into burning buildings, or reach into burning cars to save lives.

Truly. Anyone who wants to rhapsodize about the pre-eminent importance of teachers should pull out a video of 9/11, with all those first responders rushing into the collapsing towers to drag people out, and then tell us all about it.

david gregory just asked gov walker on meat the press, about some exemptions for police and fire, while still encouraging them to engage in collective bargaining.

""are you saying that sand police are more important than teachers who spend six hours a day in a class room?"

and i say... yes, yes they are. they are more important to our society.

well, i suppose they're more important to the governor since they contribute to his campaign..... unlike teachers.... which is what this is really about.

each has their role. each has value. if your house is burning down, the fire department is more important at that moment. if you are being robbed, the police are more important at *that* juncture. if you have a 13 year old then teachers are more important over the long run.

this is about emergency service being more important than teachers. teachers trying to compare themselves as such, and the union has become the teacher, they are part of each other. for better or worse they are one.

Which brings me back to my heart vs. liver point that you decided to ignore.

Not everyone chooses to serve in a capacity that puts themselves as a first responder.

Not everyone chooses to be an infantryman. Some people would rather be on a boat fueling the jets. Everyone is needed to make the machine work.

The military realizes this and goes to great pains not to stratify jobs.

Forum List

Back