Are Executive Orders Constitutional?

katzndogz continues to froth at the mouth and melt down.

Says the guy who is still depressed his Progressive Mitt didn't win the election... "ITS ALL THE DAMN EXTERE RIGHTS FAULT!!!!"

Haha. Do you realize on these boards people call you "Jakethefake" just like Mitt was Mr. Flipflopper the wanabe (if telling you I am today gets me your vote) "conservative."

Yes, it was the ultra right that lost the election for Mitt, as their hate drove millions and millions of right of center to center into the Obama camp.

We don't care what the ultra right wants, other than they will go.

millions and millions....do cite. i think you're full of mularkystarkey as obama's numbers actually went down from 08'

Technically they are, until a court rules other wise. wise guy.

not true. it is constitutional until a court says so or it is legislated properly.

using your logic, if obama signed an order killing all gun owners, his order would be constitutional until a court says otherwise.

:cuckoo:

Yurt, give it up, son, you have fail here. EO is constitutional until the courts have told you so. I am right of center, CharlesMain is far more conservative than you. You have only your opinion, which doesn't count.

this has to be the dumbest argument i've ever seen. so, because you're supposedly right of center and CM is far more conservative than me...this makes you and CM right.

:lol:

XXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Executive orders can be used in an emergency to enforce laws that are already on the books but they cannot be used to creat new laws or circumvent the constitution.
Issuing a presidential order that attempts to circumvent the constitution would be a big mistake for mister popular.
Oh! that should be president popular - sorry, I forgot my PCness.

Does the Constitution mention Executive Order? By its silence, it isn't clear that it's necessarily UNconstituional. And, precedence has been set that pervious Executive Orders have been law and been enforced.

I saw on the news that a sheriff in the Pacific NW refuses to enforce the exec. orders. Sorry, but law enforcement can't pick and choose what laws it enforces. He needs to resign or be recalled if he won't do it. It doesn't matter if he likes the orders or not.

Executive orders can be used in an emergency to enforce laws that are already on the books but they cannot be used to creat new laws or circumvent the constitution.
Issuing a presidential order that attempts to circumvent the constitution would be a big mistake for mister popular.
Oh! that should be president popular - sorry, I forgot my PCness.

Does the Constitution mention Executive Order? By its silence, it isn't clear that it's necessarily UNconstituional. And, precedence has been set that pervious Executive Orders have been law and been enforced.

I saw on the news that a sheriff in the Pacific NW refuses to enforce the exec. orders. Sorry, but law enforcement can't pick and choose what laws it enforces. He needs to resign or be recalled if he won't do it. It doesn't matter if he likes the orders or not.

if obama signs an EO ordering all gun owners to be executed...your contention is that the sheriff should enforce that law....?

No bias in law enforcement? Are you kidding? It starts with law enforcement officers, then moves to prosecutors. Case in point, David Gregory of NBC clearly violated the law, a prosecutor decided not to persue.

Actually with this EO, the district attorney should reconsider.

Last edited:
No bias in law enforcement? Are you kidding? It starts with law enforcement officers, then moves to prosecutors. Case in point, David Gregory of NBC clearly violated the law, a prosecutor decided not to persue.

Actually with this EO, the district attorney should reconsider.

yep...prosecutors have "prosecutorial discretion"...i don't think sheriff's have this though...but i do know they have some discretion

Personal confession here Yurt: I have violated the basic speed laws before and law enforcement has seen fit to not issue a ticket.

not true. it is constitutional until a court says so or it is legislated properly.

using your logic, if obama signed an order killing all gun owners, his order would be constitutional until a court says otherwise.

:cuckoo:

Yurt, give it up, son, you have fail here. EO is constitutional until the courts have told you so. I am right of center, CharlesMain is far more conservative than you. You have only your opinion, which doesn't count.

this has to be the dumbest argument i've ever seen. so, because you're supposedly right of center and CM is far more conservative than me...this makes you and CM right. :lol:

:lol: No, because you are stupid.

Any Executive Order that has any effect on individuals that are not government employees in a violation of Article I Section I. Whenever the President issues and Executive Order that extends to all of the people. Congress has a responsibility to the people to veto any Executive Order that has any effect on non governmental employees.

When a President issues an unconstitutional Executive Order and Congress allows the order to stand they are violating their oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

Are Executive Orders Constitutional? ? Tenth Amendment Center Blog

The President is fully within his rights to create an EO asking for more enforcement of an existing law. Even if it involves private citizens.

Yes, the President can issue an order to executive department personnel to better enforce existing law. If in doing so, the increased enforcement affects private people, so be it. But, the President only has the power to order executive department personnel. He has no power to direct state personnel, or private citizens to do anything that in not in conformance with laws duly passed by the federal congress.

Obama is emulating his democrat idol in using an EO to circumvent the legal processes of the US government and to rob American citizens of their Constitutional rights.

Any Executive Order that has any effect on individuals that are not government employees in a violation of Article I Section I. Whenever the President issues and Executive Order that extends to all of the people. Congress has a responsibility to the people to veto any Executive Order that has any effect on non governmental employees.

When a President issues an unconstitutional Executive Order and Congress allows the order to stand they are violating their oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

Are Executive Orders Constitutional? ? Tenth Amendment Center Blog

The President is fully within his rights to create an EO asking for more enforcement of an existing law. Even if it involves private citizens.

Yes, the President can issue an order to executive department personnel to better enforce existing law. If in doing so, the increased enforcement affects private people, so be it. But, the President only has the power to order executive department personnel. He has no power to direct state personnel, or private citizens to do anything that in not in conformance with laws duly passed by the federal congress.

We are saying the same thing.

There is no such thing as an unconstitutional executive order until the courts so find. Individuals who are affected by EOs disobey them at their own risk.

Forum List

Back