Are Doctors required by law to...

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Accept Medicare or Medicaid patients?
Accept private insurance?

If not how will the healthcare reform impact them if they choose not to accept insurance or medicare/medicaid?

If not how will the healthcare reform impact them if they choose not to accept insurance or medicare/medicaid?

No Doctors are not required by law to accept any of that, at least not yet, but you can expect that to change if Obama has his way.

No and no.

I have not heard that doctors will be forced to accept any of these insurances. As it stands now, a patient can go to a physician that does not accept their insurance, pay cash, get a receipt, and then personally bill their insurance. Usually they won't be reimbursed all of what they paid, but some people don't care.

Which brings up another point, most private insurers do not reimburse full doctors fees either.

Doctors in OZ are required to offer you a free medical check up in your 40s.

I went and the doctor said "do you want a prostrate exam"?

There was a long silence.

"We do it by a blood test now."

I think you could have heard me yell "YES!!!!!!!!!!!" all the way to Singapore.

Last edited:
I don't think Doctors are required by law to give anything free in America. Hospitals maybe, but not Doctors.

How long do you think it will be before there are credit card swipers on the bottled water dispensers?

"You are not drinking enough water."

"Sorry Doc I am at my credit limit."

Last edited:
When I got Medicare because of disability, My Doctor dropped me. I havent found one that will take Medicare without cash upfront. This is why I no longer take HBP meds Paxil and inhailers for COPD. It fucking BLOWS to have to go to the ER when Im sick.

American doctors take the Hippocratic Oath literally. They are Hippocratic fundamentalists.

“Do no harm.”

This, they interpret to mean they never have to help.

They will wind up with no patients

Probably the reverse. Doctors who are truly superior won't need to accept OScamaCare because they will have plenty of other patients. It's the crappy ones who will be happy to take government payments for fraudulent services to indiscriminate fools who believe more government makes everything better.

New Topics

Forum List

Back