Are Democrats throwing away Black and legal immigrant support?

Some Nazis are very fine people.

I would go to a public lynching.

Monkey it up.

Tar baby.

Uppity.

If you say it over and over again, you mean it.

The only way we know Republicans are racist is because of what they say.
Look at white wingers on the USMB.

Yes, and they ignore things like:

You can't go to a seven-eleven where I live unless you speak Indian.

20 years ago, he (Obama) would have been serving us coffee.

Obama couldn't sell watermelons if you gave him a state trooper to flag them down with.

embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.

The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning,

In a world of Identity Politics which the left love so much and base their strategies on, it would seem to me these would be the two demographics who have the most resentment to not having a border all.

Are they going to rely on illegal immigrants to vote for them? I can't see how either demographic would think, "yeah everything is cool, keep doing what your doing, we don't need a wall. I'm gonna go out and vote for Democrats to support my plight".

Blacks are used to Democraps yanking on their chained neck collars.
But, a multitude of Hispanic-Americans who have immigrated legally, want border security.

In a world of Identity Politics which the left love so much and base their strategies on, it would seem to me these would be the two demographics who have the most resentment to not having a border all.

Are they going to rely on illegal immigrants to vote for them? I can't see how either demographic would think, "yeah everything is cool, keep doing what your doing, we don't need a wall. I'm gonna go out and vote for Democrats to support my plight".

But, a multitude of Hispanic-Americans who have immigrated legally, want border security.

How can you blame them? They went through all the red tape, the bills, the waiting, and they finally got in. Then these vagrants come here and walk in like they own the place, so of course people that did it the legal way get upset.

How can you blame them? They went through all the red tape, the bills, the waiting, and they finally got in. Then these vagrants come here and walk in like they own the place, so of course people that did it the legal way get upset.

The East Coast liberal Democrat bubble is unaware of this, and the West Coast Democrat bubble lies about this.

The East Coast liberal Democrat bubble is unaware of this, and the West Coast Democrat bubble lies about this.

I kind of know how they feel. I work five days a week, eight or more hours a day so I can afford to live in the suburbs. Then HUD moves in their lowlifes who barely work at all, and keep us up all hours of the night. Where is the equity in me having to work to live here, and they don't?

I don't mind supporting them, just not next door to me. Let HUD people live in the inner-city where it's cheaper and saves taxpayer dollars.

according to quinnipac poll on the wall:
Opposition is 78 - 16 percent among black voters and 68 - 27 percent among Hispanic voters.

Where do you find that black & hispanics support the wall?

Opposition is 78 - 16 percent among black voters and 68 - 27 percent among Hispanic voters.

I looked at the methodology and its impossible to say without knowing the breakdown of States. Overall in the survey, 30% considered themselves Democrats, 25% Republican. So it is skewed slightly that way. It's vital to know the state breakdown.

Support for the wall is significantly supported by GOP and significantly NOT supported by Democrats. If they called, say 100 Black citizens from Texas instead of say 100 Black citizens from NY or California, it might make a big difference on that question even if they were both Democratic voters. Priorities for a person residing on the border are much different than someone from NJ

The Wall is a major part of immigration, focus by COngress on Immigration is the #1 issue according to this survey. Trump and others have already spoken to Border Patrol, it's long been known, voted for and supported in the past, to have a wall on your Southern Border. This isn't anything new. Some of the same Dems voted $45B for a wall and enhanced security.

I suggest this position alienates much of the nation that want a secure nation, and the longer it goes, the more the stories and statistics will pile up, the chance of another caravan on the way etc.

Illegal immigration hurts legal immigration and minority communities more than other communities, especially in regards to employment opportunities and wages. Of this, I am willing to wager.

If some want to be caught up in not supporting Trumps wall due to their political association, so be it.

Democrats have lost their damn minds. THE LAST thing Dem's should be doing is having a public fight with Trump on the issue of illegal alien crime and dead Americans. They are going to force Americans to pay attention to this issue and LOSE HUGE. Idiot Dem's should have just quietly given Trump the $5 billion.

Trump and the Republicans have lost their mind. Voters clearly oppose a wall and the Trump/McConnell shutdown. If Americans voted on the basis of immigration, Trump and the Republicans would lose hugely. Trump's decision to make immigration his closing argument led to record losses in the House and a very minimal gain in the Senate despite the best map ever for Republicans.

Polls show that blacks and Hispanics (legal registered voters) oppose a wall.
Don't make threads about what a group of people think unless you have seen polls about the issue in question.

I didn't see a poll that suggests that Blacks or working class Americans are happy with shipping jobs to China either. Or that Blacks supported Justice Reform. I assume both from the feedback I hear online. I'm not talking about shills and race pimps like Al Sharpton either.

I've seen enough posted on twitter to know that many Blacks have resentment for Sanctuary Cities and funds going to illegal immigrants, via healthcare and otherwise; to know that they want changes. Someone posted a poll that suggested Black Americans want even less immigration of ALL forms.

I won't believe that there is support against the wall. Maybe some manufactured support against Trump, and they use this to pick at the wall issue, but I highly doubt there is widespread dislike for the wall I think the Democrats have a belief that, "it doesn't matter what is good for average Americans, we have the courts behind us to prevent the wall and keep the illegal immigration, and future of the Democratic party, flowing".

I say Trump should build it, fight it in court while he builds it. By the time it works it's way through the Supreem Court it will be finished with a bow on top.

Of course you don't believe it. You are a fool. There is a widespread opposition to the wall. That is what average Americans believe as well as their opposition to the Trump/McConnell shutdown.

If Trump defies a injunction then he should be jailed for contempt of court. Any soldier who obeys a illegal order should be jailed as well.

I looked at the methodology and its impossible to say without knowing the breakdown of States. Overall in the survey, 30% considered themselves Democrats, 25% Republican. So it is skewed slightly that way. It's vital to know the state breakdown.

Support for the wall is significantly supported by GOP and significantly NOT supported by Democrats. If they called, say 100 Black citizens from Texas instead of say 100 Black citizens from NY or California, it might make a big difference on that question even if they were both Democratic voters. Priorities for a person residing on the border are much different than someone from NJ

The Wall is a major part of immigration, focus by COngress on Immigration is the #1 issue according to this survey. Trump and others have already spoken to Border Patrol, it's long been known, voted for and supported in the past, to have a wall on your Southern Border. This isn't anything new. Some of the same Dems voted $45B for a wall and enhanced security.

I suggest this position alienates much of the nation that want a secure nation, and the longer it goes, the more the stories and statistics will pile up, the chance of another caravan on the way etc.

Illegal immigration hurts legal immigration and minority communities more than other communities, especially in regards to employment opportunities and wages. Of this, I am willing to wager.

If some want to be caught up in not supporting Trumps wall due to their political association, so be it.

It also is not supported by independents and suburban voters. William Hurd does not support this shutdown and he represents a suburban seat that went for Clinton in 2016. Hurd won by a half a point and I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for his survival in 2020.

It also says that a majority of voters do not support a wall so they do not see a wall as part of border security. Immigration could mean granting citizenship to illegals and restoring DACA. Never mind the polls. We saw how voters reacted in the midterms as Trump made illegal immigration the defining issue. Record gains for Democrats in the House and a small gain for Republicans in the Senate despite the huge advantage Republicans had.

According to the midterms a couple months ago, Dems are racking up the votes impressively

Actually both parties had record breaking participation for a midterms. Trump still has his supporters.

Republicans lost a record number of House seats. 21 Republican incumbents lost their seat. It is clear that moderate suburban voters are fleeing the party. There was increased participation by voters but Democrats and alienated moderate suburban voters turned out more than Republicans.

These people are fleeing from drug cartels. Cartels that are supported by American dollars. Trump is too cowardly to after the drug lords. You are the asshole who needs to be sent back.

Democrats have lost their damn minds. THE LAST thing Dem's should be doing is having a public fight with Trump on the issue of illegal alien crime and dead Americans. They are going to force Americans to pay attention to this issue and LOSE HUGE. Idiot Dem's should have just quietly given Trump the $5 billion.

Trump and the Republicans have lost their mind. Voters clearly oppose a wall and the Trump/McConnell shutdown. If Americans voted on the basis of immigration, Trump and the Republicans would lose hugely. Trump's decision to make immigration his closing argument led to record losses in the House and a very minimal gain in the Senate despite the best map ever for Republicans.

You people just lie and lie and lie some more. Voters do NOT "clearly oppose a wall" you lying hack. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

These people are fleeing from drug cartels. Cartels that are supported by American dollars. Trump is too cowardly to after the drug lords. You are the asshole who needs to be sent back.

Sent back to where? I was born here.

So why didn't DumBama go after the drug lords? How about Clinton?

Part of the reason we want the wall is to help stop the flow of drugs into this country. You complain about the wall, and then complain American dollars are supporting the drug lords. If anybody is helping that flow of drugs into this country, it's the Democrats.

According to the midterms a couple months ago, Dems are racking up the votes impressively

Actually both parties had record breaking participation for a midterms. Trump still has his supporters.

Republicans lost a record number of House seats. 21 Republican incumbents lost their seat. It is clear that moderate suburban voters are fleeing the party. There was increased participation by voters but Democrats and alienated moderate suburban voters turned out more than Republicans.

Yes they did. The message of hate resonates with Democrat voters. Still........ Trump supporters are alive and well.

It also is not supported by independents and suburban voters. William Hurd does not support this shutdown and he represents a suburban seat that went for Clinton in 2016. Hurd won by a half a point and I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for his survival in 2020.

It also says that a majority of voters do not support a wall so they do not see a wall as part of border security. Immigration could mean granting citizenship to illegals and restoring DACA. Never mind the polls. We saw how voters reacted in the midterms as Trump made illegal immigration the defining issue. Record gains for Democrats in the House and a small gain for Republicans in the Senate despite the huge advantage Republicans had.

I would hardly call it record gains. And just who was holding up the wall? That's right, the Senate where we did gain seats.

And yet Trump beat out over a dozen professional politicians with the message of building a wall. I'll take voter results over polls who only try to steer our government any day of the week.

Polls show that blacks and Hispanics (legal registered voters) oppose a wall.
Don't make threads about what a group of people think unless you have seen polls about the issue in question.

Polls? By whom??

Greg

Forum List

Back