Are conservatives REALLY this disconnected from reality?

Decepticon

Rookie
Jan 11, 2012
A Republican State Representative in New Hampshire has found a way to create a new front in the war on workers, proposing a bill that would repeal the state’s law requiring that workers get a 30-minute lunch break after five hours of labor.

State Rep. J.R. Hoell (R), a supporter of libertarian-leaning Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) for president, told a New Hampshire General Court committee this week that he believes the law is unnecessary because it is in employers’ interest to treat workers well, according to The Concord Monitor.

His argument was seconded by state Rep. Kyle Jones (R), a 20-year-old Ron Paul backer who earned a seat in the New Hampshire General Court during the last election as part of a mother-son candidate slate. Jones said that his days working as a shift supervisor at Burger King taught him that employers will always treat employees well because human resources departments require it.
New Hampshire Republican proposes end to lunch break law | The Raw Story

Jeez...what these two need is a real dose of workplace reality.

I guess they can go ahead and repeal all those affirmative action laws too as HR departments frown on racism too!

Want proof that employers treat workers well?
Are they covering more of our retirement costs or less?
Are they covering MORE of our healthcare costs or less?
Have wages increased alongside the rise in productivity in the last 20 years or not?

Yeah, perhaps in the gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane you live in, but here in the real world, employers treat employees like shit because they can.

Look at what minimum wage jobs say to the workers...."If I could pay you less I would, but it would be AGAINST THE LAW" Does that sound like a benevolent master?

I think all politicians should be forced to survive on a middle class income for one year to qualify for public office.

I remember when i was younger and i worked a 5-6 hour shift I hated it when my boss said I had to take a half hour break. Would much rather have gotten my shift over a half hour early.

But instead, gov't got to decide my shift for me. Hooray freedom!

You demogogue with factual disregard like a heavy weight champ. Congrats on that....I guess.

This isn't republican, this is right from a couple of Ron Paulbots!

Does Ron Paul need a dose of reality? Yes, and so do all his bots.

Affirmative action laws should be repealed

Well reparations would be a heck of a lot more expensive..but..if that's what you guys want..

Which current minority persons in the workforce were slaves?? Any of those people would maybe have a case for reparations

And GOD forbid people get jobs based on the merit instead of quota :rolleyes:

I remember when i was younger and i worked a 5-6 hour shift I hated it when my boss said I had to take a half hour break. Would much rather have gotten my shift over a half hour early.

Wow...anecdotal evidence.
How devestating to my argument.

I guess it IS better that you get to go home early, than 1000 people being able to eat a meal while on their 10 hour shifts.

I guess it IS better that you get to go home early, than 1000 people being able to eat a meal while on their 10 hour shifts.

What if they don't want to? What if they only want to take 15 minutes?

Who should decide that, the worker, or government bureacrats and politicians?

should doc. and nurses who work 12 hour shifts stop and take that lunch break even though the patients haven't been seen to?

should doc. and nurses who work 12 hour shifts stop and take that lunch break even though the patients haven't been seen to?

I think we should wait and see what Obamacare decides on the subject, then whatever that says will be the morally right thing to do.

Heck..give the bossman a whip too!

:lol:
There it is again!!! 2 for 2 today sallow!
race-card-535x433.jpg

Sallow, are you going to play the race card in every thread on the board today or what? I think we as a board should make a game of it, see how many times the left plays the race card in a 24 hour period. Let us begin "Although I have to go to work here shortly, I'm sure someone else can help us out on this one". :D

What a stupid question, but what should we expect?

What a stupid question, but what should we expect?

Well, a stupid OP question often results in stupid responses. See how that works? No? Then you are a democrat.

Forum List

Back