Are claimed food allergies hocus-pocus?

He's thirty now. I am slightly allergic to seafood. He is deathly allergic to seafood. No quilt in it as much as an observation.

My oldest grandson is extremely allergic to red food dye. He cannot eat twinkies with red food dye. My daughter fed them shitloads of that nasty boxed macroni cheese when he was little. Is there a link in that? I'm not sure but i would be suspect because boxed maci cheese has shitloads of red dye in it and there are loads of children that are now allergic to this type of red food dye.

food allerigies are very real....people die of them...esp the ones to peanuts and seafood....

you think they are faking death?

I don't know what's going on. It's just something that causes me to wonder what's going on. I suspect SOME of it is psychological. Freud might have a lot to say about people who... hmmm... have weird issues about things they insert in their bodies (i.e., food, not sex organs) and giving bold proclamations that "I cannot insert X and Y items into my body." Hmmmm with many m's. There are also a lot of hippie/liberal types who seem to mix their politics and food allergies. We had some folks over the other day who went on and on about organic farming, global warming, etc. and at the same time insisted on making their own food (brown rice crackers, potatos). And they insisted that their little kid, age 3 was 'allergic to everything.' OK, but how do they know? I mean, I have heard of hives/breathing problems from peanuts... so maybe that is real. But why is that just popping up these days? Is it chemicals in food we didn't use to have?

Whole thing is just bizarre. So, I have questions about it. It's like, why does every other boy these days have autism or something related? That's probably not faked, but what the hell?

Forum List

Back