Are Christians "persecuted" in the U.S.? If so, how should they respond?

Sky, you are such an attention whore.

This thread is not about YOU!

It's about whether there is any persecution of Christians.

You do give an excellent example of that complex, though.

Then get back to the topic, it's simple.
The post is on topic.

So, Sky, IF you have anything to add to the topic that isn't all about you, tell us all about YOUR ideas about whether Christians are really persecuted? (Not whether YOU are so victimized by them, just so you know.)

Where the four Christian women who were arrested for disturbing the peace at an Arab Cultural Festival in Dearborn, Michigan, persecuted for their beliefs? Or were they hassling Muslims?

They came equipped with a video camera expecting trouble.

IMO, this is a new aggressive tactic by Christians who are politicizing their conversion agenda. Same as the guys in the DMV.

Last edited:
Where the four Christian women who were arrested for disturbing the peace at an Arab Cultural Festival in Dearborn, Michigan, persecuted for their beliefs? Or were they hassling Muslims?

They came equipped with a video camera expecting trouble.

IMO, this is a new aggressive tactic by Christians who are politicizing their conversion agenda. Same as the guys in the DMV.
Got a link to the event?

And, can you articulate how that demonstrates a sense of persecution by a Christian (or a group of Christians)?

So let's see, we have Newby, Si Modo and catzmeow in concert this morning.

Whose on bass, whose on fiddle and whose on drums?

:rock: I called it, I didn't even see this before I made the other post... hilarious... :lol:

I'm sure you're the fiddle player.

Of course, cause I'm the devil. :lol:

But, thanks for reminding me of the Vistor message you left me on 11/29 in regards to Marie's thread that you referenced here. If I lead such a vicious pack of attackers against you, why'd you invite me to comment on the thread???

Sky Dancer said:
I'd love to see your comments on Marie's thread in the Relgion forum called "(((skydancer)))).
:eusa_whistle:

:rock: I called it, I didn't even see this before I made the other post... hilarious... :lol:

I'm sure you're the fiddle player.

Of course, cause I'm the devil. :lol:

But, thanks for reminding me of the Vistor message you left me on 11/29 in regards to Marie's thread that you referenced here. If I lead such a vicious pack of attackers against you, why'd you invite me to comment on the thread???

Sky Dancer said:
I'd love to see your comments on Marie's thread in the Relgion forum called "(((skydancer)))).
:eusa_whistle:

I invited you to comment because I responded to Marie''s proseletizing in a very different way than I previously did and I wanted you to see that.

I thought it would make a difference to you, but it doesn't. You still hold a grudge against me for it.

Last edited:
I think enforcing equal rights is all the "persecution"

This country was not founded on Christianity, Christianity happened to be believed in by the Majority at the time since most came from Europe.

This country was founded to be a safe heaven for ANYONE and their religious beliefs, gender, race, orientation, etc.
Now Christianity tries to influence laws such as gay rights and whatnot. They are infringing on others rights and they should be rightfully be put in their place (or "persecuted").

That goes for ANY religion.

Now I know that this may be biased against religion, but the same goes for gays and anyone else. The Government and laws in place should be from a neutral standpoint.

My companion and I, along with some other missionaries, were chased by a mob while I was in California. Luckily, the car was nearby before things got too messy.

This country was not founded on Christianity, Christianity happened to be believed in by the Majority at the time since most came from Europe.

This country was founded to be a safe heaven for ANYONE and their religious beliefs, gender, race, orientation, etc.
Now Christianity tries to influence laws such as gay rights and whatnot. They are infringing on others rights and they should be rightfully be put in their place (or "persecuted").

Now I know that this may be biased against religion, but the same goes for gays and anyone else. The Government and laws in place should be from a neutral standpoint.

BOTH sides do their best to influence laws. So those who want gay rights and whatnot are equally deserving of persecution. At least under your definition.

It all comes down to what you personally think is "right".

At one time, we had an open forum where all views could be discussed. That's gone. Now only certain opinions should be heard, the rest are deserving of persecution.

And you think we still have freedoms in this country. What a joke.

Christians in the US are not persecuted, quite the opposite. They enjoy enormous political power and influence.

I doubt any man or woman could be elected as POTUS without being a Christian.

IMO, being the majority, some of them think they deserve preference or privelege. That rankles some of us. They think they should never hear a negative word about their religion.

It's not realistic.

Generally, I prefer religious Jews to religious Christians. Jews aren't trying to get me to convert.

Neither are christians. Seriously. :cuckoo:

You must have missed Marie last thread. The pray away the gay one dedicated to me personally. Plenty of Christian posters here are trying to do just that.

Christians pray for the world ,you are part of the world. But no one is forcing you to convert. I might pray right now for your paranoia.

Katz, that is just too stupid for words. No, Christians are not being persecuted. And most of what is being billed as persecution is backlash from the hateful 'Christians' that try to force their beliefs on the rest of us.

I seriously can't wait until 'gay marriage' is legalized, that's the last claim of 'forcing' anything down anyone's throat that can be claimed is due to 'christians'. Otherwise, you have no leg to stand on with that argument. And while you're at it, let the polygamists have that 'right' too, or anyone that wants to marry their cat, dog, goat, etc... I'm all for it. When it comes to social/personal affairs, anything should be allowed, no restrictions. Why draw any lines, we wouldn't want to force any one person's morals onto another.

It isn't as if 1/2 of most marriages are ending in divorce as it currently stands? :eusa_whistle: The gays would, ironically, help to bring that statistic down.
Divorce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 2008, 49% of all marriages involve a remarriage for one or both spouses. It is estimated that 40% of all marriages have ended in divorce as of 2008.

gays get divorced at about the same rate as the straights do.

My companion and I, along with some other missionaries, were chased by a mob while I was in California. Luckily, the car was nearby before things got too messy.

Why couldn't you just stay in Utah. It's a theocracy there.

Thats not nice, Sky!

By the way, what is your Denomination, Avatar.

I find your Christian beliefs to border hop different Christian Denominations.

Christmas is a federal holiday. All our presidents the vast majority of our Congressmen and women have been Christian. The motto is 'In God We Trust'. Religious leaders and fundamentalist Christians form a strong voting bloc of the right-wing. Every Presidential speech ends with 'God Bless America.' Religious minorities (Muslims, atheists) have negative stigma in certain areas of the country.

So to answer the question, no, they are anything but persecuted. In fact, they have quite a comfy position in American society, and I would suggest the bemoaning of persecution comes from the fact of increased secularism and not having the power of being pampered and spoiled due to changing attitudes and demographics.

BOTH sides do their best to influence laws. So those who want gay rights and whatnot are equally deserving of persecution. At least under your definition.

It all comes down to what you personally think is "right".

At one time, we had an open forum where all views could be discussed. That's gone. Now only certain opinions should be heard, the rest are deserving of persecution.

And you think we still have freedoms in this country. What a joke.

I'm not Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Catholic, Polygamist, or Communist. Something that other countries would force you into. We have many freedoms that are taken for granted.

As for determining what is right, it needs to be done from a neutral and a constructive view.

Compare and contrast, weigh the pros and cons, determine which is most constructive, and put your differences aside.