Are Christians "persecuted" in the U.S.? If so, how should they respond?

Consider your own position. Marie is openly proselytizing and you support her. You support her conversion agenda, not only does she want to convert me to Christianity, she wants me to be straight too.

Notice which side you're on.

I read every word of that thread. She means well, but she is seriously deluded.

Of course she does. In her paradigm, you are destined for eternal torture. She is trying to share something with you that has brought her great joy in her life. And, rather than saying, politely, "Thanks, but I'm happy with my own path," you keep attempting to engage with her in hopes of feeding your own victim mentality.

Prostelytizing you is not victimizing you. It is done with the intention of being helpful and caring. If Marie did not care about you, she wouldn't want to share her personal bliss with you.

Why on earth do you insist upon being so offended by someone trying to express care and concern to you, on her own terms?

Grow up, Sky. You have many options for dealing with Marie. You can stop responding to her posts. You can put her on ignore. You can stop posting on this board. You can simply stop paying attention to her posts. Instead of acting like a grownup who is responsible for her own emotional wellbeing, you continue to place the responsibility for your negative feelings on other people.

You're pathetic. I have zero sympathy for you. Seriously, GROW UP. Stop constantly acting like an overdramatic victim. Lose the victim shtick entirely and start functioning like a healthy adult who owns her own emotions and mental health.

If you need meds, start taking them. If you need therapy, get into treatment with a responsible counselor. STOP AIRING YOUR PERSONAL ISSUES ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND BLAMING THEM ON OTHER PEOPLE.

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
And, quit making every goddamn thread in the religion section about your own personal paranoias. Goddamn. Fucking threadkilling freak.

You THANKED her (ie. expressed gratitude for what she said).

Should we believe what you said then, or what you say now?

Personally, either scenario doesn't concern me. But, I am always interested in consistency.

Irrespective of that, I was not aware that Christians traveled in 'packs'. You mean, like wolves? ;) They are out to get you, right? Yet, you thank them for it.

I can understand why you are thankful - you can play victim once the 'pack' comes after you. Oh no!!!!!!

You know, the boogie man isn't all that scary once you realize he is only in your head.

Yes, I thanked her because I recognize she has NO idea how offensive she is. I forgive her. She means well, but she's completely ignorant of gay and lesbian life or the rights of American citizens to choose our own religious path freely.

I learned my lesson, that telling a Christian "no" results in an extreme group outrage and personal attack.

For once, put yourself in my shoes. How would you like to have some group attack you because you said no to a poster who is pressuring you to convert to homosexuality or Buddhism.
Expressing thanks is very different from forgiving, and certainly doesn't remotely imply forgiveness. Gratitude doe not mean forgiveness.

Just so you know.

But, how cool is it that the thread is all about you, now?

Gratitude and forgiveness are related.

Ah, SKy, just don't read it.... :eek:

Consider your own position. Marie is openly proselytizing and you support her. You support her conversion agenda, not only does she want to convert me to Christianity, she wants me to be straight too.

Of course she does. In her paradigm, you are destined for eternal torture. She is trying to share something with you that has brought her great joy in her life. And, rather than saying, politely, "Thanks, but I'm happy with my own path," you keep attempting to engage with her in hopes of feeding your own victim mentality.

Prostelytizing you is not victimizing you. It is done with the intention of being helpful and caring. If Marie did not care about you, she wouldn't want to share her personal bliss with you.

Why on earth do you insist upon being so offended by someone trying to express care and concern to you, on her own terms?

Grow up, Sky. You have many options for dealing with Marie. You can stop responding to her posts. You can put her on ignore. You can stop posting on this board. You can simply stop paying attention to her posts. Instead of acting like a grownup who is responsible for her own emotional wellbeing, you continue to place the responsibility for your negative feelings on other people.

You're pathetic. I have zero sympathy for you. Seriously, GROW UP. Stop constantly acting like an overdramatic victim. Lose the victim shtick entirely and start functioning like a healthy adult who owns her own emotions and mental health.

If you need meds, start taking them. If you need therapy, get into treatment with a responsible counselor. STOP AIRING YOUR PERSONAL ISSUES ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND BLAMING THEM ON OTHER PEOPLE.

Jesus Christ.
:thup:

Interestingly enough, Sky epitomizes the persecution complex described in your OP.

Some Christians do claim persecution and your OP clearly shows that claim is hyperbole.

It's odd, to say the least.

So much fear in folks' heads - fear of beliefs.

So odd.

Last edited:
Yes, I thanked her because I recognize she has NO idea how offensive she is. I forgive her. She means well, but she's completely ignorant of gay and lesbian life or the rights of American citizens to choose our own religious path freely.

I learned my lesson, that telling a Christian "no" results in an extreme group outrage and personal attack.

For once, put yourself in my shoes. How would you like to have some group attack you because you said no to a poster who is pressuring you to convert to homosexuality or Buddhism.
Expressing thanks is very different from forgiving, and certainly doesn't remotely imply forgiveness. Gratitude doe not mean forgiveness.

Just so you know.

So are apples and power saws.

Just so you know.

I see forgiveness and gratitude related in this way. Gratitude is a form of resource building. By noticing everyday by reviewing the day in reverse, every moment of joy, pleasure, connection, interest we build a positive bank of energy.

Forgiveness is the practice of letting go of what holds us back from fully feeling each moment in a life affirming way.

I'd love to hear you connect saws and apples in the same way.

I happen to be exercising maturity and self-restraint at this very moment. You're trying to bait me and I'm not buying it.

I hope someone buys you a dictionary for buddhist pseudo Christmas. Nobody invited you to make this thread about how mean Marie has been to you by sharing her faith with you.

So let's see, we have Newby, Si Modo and catzmeow in concert this morning.

Whose on bass, whose on fiddle and whose on drums?

I see forgiveness and gratitude related in this way. Gratitude is a form of resource building. By noticing everyday by reviewing the day in reverse, every moment of joy, pleasure, connection, interest we build a positive bank of energy.

Forgiveness is the practice of letting go of what holds us back from fully feeling each moment in a life affirming way.
Uh huh.

Regardless, you epitomize the persecution complex the OP describes, just from the bigot side of the fence.

Bigotry is manifested fear, irrespective of the type of bigotry. And, it's irrational.

Uh huh.

Regardless, you epitomize the persecution complex the OP describes, just from the bigot side of the fence.

Bigotry is manifested fear, irrespective of the type of bigotry. And, it's irrational.

Yes, that's your premise. You own it.

Why not get back to the topic?

Last edited:
Ah, SKy, just don't read it.... :eek:

Jesus Christ.

:eek: Hell must have frozen over, cause we agree on something. You know, now Sky will accuse you of being part of my 'vicious christian pack' that attacks her, better watch out! :D

Jesus Christ.

:eek: Hell must have frozen over, cause we agree on something. You know, now Sky will accuse you of being part of my 'vicious christian pack' that attacks her, better watch out! :D
She already did - we're in a 'band' now.

Predictability is one of her many qualities.

So let's see, we have Newby, Si Modo and catzmeow in concert this morning.

Whose on bass, whose on fiddle and whose on drums?

:rock: I called it, I didn't even see this before I made the other post... hilarious... :lol:

Sky, you are such an attention whore.

This thread is not about YOU!

It's about whether there is any persecution of Christians.

You do give an excellent example of that complex, though.

Jesus Christ.

She already did - we're in a 'band' now.

Predictability is one of her many qualities.

Why not get back to the topic, girls. Haven't you played this tune long enough?

Sky, you are such an attention whore.

This thread is not about YOU!

It's about whether there is any persecution of Christians.

You do give an excellent example of that complex, though.

Then get back to the topic, it's simple.