Are "Blue Dog" Democrats really "Wall Street Dogs"

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Two days ago I heard that 15 Blue Dog Democrats are going to align against the Democratic Agenda. I heard this on the Ron Reagan show.

I believe the bankers/oil companies/healthcare lobbyists have gotten to these 15 people in order to stop any real progress.

So much for it being easy to get 60 votes.

And screw Chris Dodd, sellout.

And Obama should get Tim Geithner out of his administration. He is corrupt.

Colbert made a good point last night. While we are all pointing fingers and playing the blame game, the bankers are still in charge. B

If we fire all the CEO's and break up all the banks but keep the Federal Reserve in tact, we have done nothing. And it will happen again.

http://robschumacher.blogspot.com/2009/02/blue-dog-coalition.html

http://www.newser.com/archive-polit...-democrats-join-gop-in-opposing-war-bill.html

Last edited:
There is room in the Democratic party for differences of opinion and approach.

They're NOT the former Republican Party, Sealy.

Diversity of thinking and approach makes the Democratic party healthier for this republic than the my way or the highway approach that the NEO-Cons have imposed on the Republicans.

Two days ago I heard that 15 Blue Dog Democrats are going to align against the Democratic Agenda. I heard this on the Ron Reagan show.

Blue dog democrats are fiscal conservatives. One of their primary goals is to eliminate the federal deficit and get this country back into the black again. Spending trillions of dollars that we don't have is in opposition to their goals. Not to mention incredibly fiscally irresponsible.

Like most blue dogs, i don't want us to be borrowing money we can't pay so that our failure to be disciplined creates a mess that our children will have to clean up.

Blue Dogs are primarily southern and rural. They are old-fashioned democrats.

Last edited:

Blue dog democrats are fiscal conservatives. One of their primary goals is to eliminate the federal deficit and get this country back into the black again. Spending trillions of dollars that we don't have is in opposition to their goals. Not to mention incredibly fiscally irresponsible.

Like most blue dogs, i don't want us to be borrowing money we can't pay so that our failure to be disciplined creates a mess that our children will have to clean up.

Well if they are anything like Republicans, I want nothing to do with them.

And I hope they are more fiscally conservative than Republicans were.

I believe Obama, like Clinton, will eventually cut back on spending and get his budget right.

But what I expect to see is these blue dog democrats obstructing a solution to things like healthcare.

They are going to also block any real changes to the tax code too. Like closing loopholes that allow the rich to avoid paying taxes.

Ron Reagan suggested that the NRA and Oil & Healthcare & Bank lobbyists have gotten to these blue dogs.

Stay tuned to see.

The blue dogs were just as critical of Bush's overspending as they have been of Obama's. You should read up on them.

But what I expect to see is these blue dog democrats obstructing a solution to things like healthcare.

I think it depends upon how you define obstructing. Given that most of their constituents don't support a nationalized health care system, I doubt that they will be in favor of creating a huge new government bureaucracy to handle healthcare. But I also know that they have spoken out about this issue and that reform needs to happen.

They have a website:

Blue Dog Coalition

I know this flies in the face of normal USMB protocols, but maybe you should research them before getting paranoid and wildly speculative.

Just a thought...

The blue dogs were just as critical of Bush's overspending as they have been of Obama's. You should read up on them.

I think it depends upon how you define obstructing. Given that most of their constituents don't support a nationalized health care system, I doubt that they will be in favor of creating a huge new government bureaucracy to handle healthcare. But I also know that they have spoken out about this issue and that reform needs to happen.

They have a website:

Blue Dog Coalition

I know this flies in the face of normal USMB protocols, but maybe you should research them before getting paranoid and wildly speculative.

Just a thought...

who's got time for crap like that?

They have a website:

Blue Dog Coalition

Just a thought...

I know a lot about blue dog democrats.

They are the libertarians of the Democratic party. LOL.

PS. Democrats don't want socialized medicine. If Blue Dogs are spreading that lie around, then they are corrupt.

They want:

We want employers to continue contributing financially to cover costs for health care insurance
We want a requirement that everyone have healthcare insurance
We want the government to help those who can't afford it
We believe financing health insurance should be a shared responsibility of government, employers and individuals

PS. Democrats don't want socialized medicine. If Blue Dogs are spreading that lie around, then they are corrupt.

Do I look like some kind of spokesperson for the blue dogs?

They want:

We want employers to continue contributing financially to cover costs for health care insurance
We want a requirement that everyone have healthcare insurance
We want the government to help those who can't afford it
We believe financing health insurance should be a shared responsibility of government, employers and individuals

I assume you're using the "royal we" in this instance?

I believe Obama, like Clinton, will eventually cut back on spending and get his budget right.

They are going to also block any real changes to the tax code too. Like closing loopholes that allow the rich to avoid paying taxes.

Ron Reagan suggested that the NRA and Oil & Healthcare & Bank lobbyists have gotten to these blue dogs.

Stay tuned to see.

FYI Rachel Maddow calls them "Conservadems" she hates them more than you do! :lol:

Sealy, did you even bother to read the links you posted? They in no way support your paranoid delusions about the blue dogs.

Sealy, did you even bother to read the links you posted? They in no way support your paranoid delusions about the blue dogs.

How about this article:

The House started voting on the procedural legislation for a bill by Barney Frank and John Conyers, HR 1106, that would allow bankruptcy judges to write down the principal and interest payments on mortgages for primary residences. Two passed-- against 100% Republican opposition and with loads of Blue Dogs crossing the aisle. The second of the two votes was uncomfortably close, 224-198.

All 172 House Republicans, voted against bringing it up. They were joined-- in the two procedural votes-- by a gaggle of mostly reactionary anti-working families Democrats, regular suspects and Chamber of Commerce sellouts like Jason Altmire (PA), John Barrow (Blue Dog-GA), Marion Berry (Blue Dog-AR), Travis Childers (Blue Dog-MS), Joe Donnelly (Blue Dog-IN), Baron Hill (Blue Dog-IN), Mike Ross (AR), Gene Taylor (Blue Dog-MS), Harry Teague (NM), Leonard Boswell (Blue Dog-IA), Bobby Bright (Blue Dog-AL), Ben Chandler (KY), Brad Ellsworth (Blue Dog-IN), Gabby Giffords (Blue Dog-AZ), Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ), Frank Kratovil (Blue Dog-MD), Heath Shuler (Blue Dog-NC), Jim Matheson (Blue Dog-UT), Walt Minnick (ID), Mike Michaud (Blue Dog-ME), Collin Peterson (Blue Dog-MN), etc.

With the Blue Dogs yowling and barking and corrupt Democrats like Ellen Tauscher threatening a revolt on behalf of the banksters and Rick Santelli, the leadership decided to postpone voting on the bill until next week. Banksters who lured millions of unsuspecting homebuyers into this untenable loans are up in arms, reminding Blue Dogs and Republicans about the millions of dollars they've poured into their political careers. President Obama is backing the approach but the Blue Dogs and Republicans refuse to go against their campaign contributors, no matter how badly it hurts homeowners and the economy. It will be even tougher in the more corrupt and more conservative Senate when they take it up next week.

The banking industry has lobbied hard against the measure, mounting a successful multimillion-dollar effort last year to kill it.

This year, mortgage industry players who are scrambling to narrow the scope of the measure to reduce its potential cost for banks have won some key concessions. House Democrats agreed to limit the measure to existing loans made before the bill is enacted and to borrowers who can show they tried other ways of modifying their home loans before resorting to bankruptcy, among other changes.

But banks want to go much further, restricting the bill only to subprime or other exotic loans.

There are too many Democrats in Congress who are either frightened, bought off and corrupt or who just plain think like Republicans. I hope these folks are keeping score.

DownWithTyranny!: Will Blue Dog-GOP Alliance Sabotage Democrats' Plans For Mortgage Write Downs?

that's not what the voices in his head say.

Whenever Sealy, Avatar, or Publius post, I'm always slightly envious. I never hear the voices. :confused:

Did you read my last post? It is a better piece on the Blue Dogs that the bankers now have firmly in their back pockets.

Don't expect blue dog democrats to be any smarter or better than the Republicans they replaced.

Their constituents are idiots.

Carlin said it best:

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.'"

I believe the bankers/oil companies/healthcare lobbyists have gotten to these 15 people in order to stop any real progress.

So much for it being easy to get 60 votes.

And screw Chris Dodd, sellout.

And Obama should get Tim Geithner out of his administration. He is corrupt.

Colbert made a good point last night. While we are all pointing fingers and playing the blame game, the bankers are still in charge. B

If we fire all the CEO's and break up all the banks but keep the Federal Reserve in tact, we have done nothing. And it will happen again.

The Online Magazine Formerly Known As Rob's Blog: Blue Dog Coalition

http://www.newser.com/archive-polit...-democrats-join-gop-in-opposing-war-bill.html

This is what you do with Democrats who act like Republicans! Way to go Pennsylvania! :clap2:

Pennsylvania Primary: Blue Dog Democrats Lose Seats

WASHINGTON -- It was a not-so-super Tuesday for Pennsylvania's Blue Dog Democrats.

Reps. Tim Holden (D-Pa.) and Jason Altmire (D-Pa.), both members of the dwindling conservative Democratic coalition, lost their primary races on Tuesday. Before the defeat of the two incumbents, there were just 25 Blue Dogs left in Congress, after the coalition's members were wiped out in the 2010 election.

There is room in the Democratic party for differences of opinion and approach.

They're NOT the former Republican Party, Sealy.

Diversity of thinking and approach makes the Democratic party healthier for this republic than the my way or the highway approach that the NEO-Cons have imposed on the Republicans.

Well I didn't like it that the Insurance Lobbyists were able to get to enough "blue dog" democrats and convince them to go against health insurance reform. Those blue dogs sounded an awful lot like Republicans to me all of the sudden. So fuck that. If you want to be a Republican, run as one.

I understand these blue dogs live in traditionally conservative districts but they aren't doing us any favors when they are part of our 60 seat majority but they vote like Liebermann. Good riddens. We will replace you with real Democrats.

Even Obama and Clinton went along with too much. First NAFTA and now Obama and Columbia??? The liberal party has moved too far to the right.

Face it, both "parties" are in bed with wall street bankers. How the hell people can magically forget the lies and hypocrisies of these lawmaker fuckers is beyond me. It matters not what party affiliation is in power, they are ALL brought and paid for whores who don't give a fuck about you!

Except Dr. Paul..

Face it, both "parties" are in bed with wall street bankers. How the hell people can magically forget the lies and hypocrisies of these lawmaker fuckers is beyond me. It matters not what party affiliation is in power, they are ALL brought and paid for whores who don't give a fuck about you!

Except Dr. Paul..

Fuck Ron Paul. See, what we are doing here is EXACTLY what you do to take back your democracy. You replace your scumbags in the primaries.

So when you speak about "all of them except for Ron Paul" being bad? You are wrong. There are lots of good Democrats. And the ones that suck like you say, we are replacing them.

Maybe your party needs to start electing more Ron Paul's and less Jon Boehners.

And fact is, Ron Paul sucks too. Maybe we like 4 things he says but beyond that he's just another right winger. You think his free market capitalism will benefit you? Think again. It will produce a small rich class, small merchantile class and massive working poor class. Charles Dickens, Tiny Tim days.

Except Dr. Paul..

And fuck you "both parties suck except for Ron Paul" people. I see you are already lined up to vote for Mitt Romney.

So if both parties suck, sit home in November.

Forum List

Back