Are Blacks Americans too?

When you live in a country that once had in their law books, in their original Constitution of all places, that you are or were once 3/5ths of a person and worth less then non-living products, when you live in a country that once had in their law books, that if anyone attempted to teach you to read was a crime worthy of severe punishment...you tend to have a different view of the original laws and foundation/founders of that country.

Just saying.

You still are only worth 3/5ths of a person by way of your constant dipshittery. Your dipshittery has grown deep, like the riverS.....
Thanks.

DESCENDANTS OF PRECOLUMBIAN BLACKS IN THE U.S., CARIBBEAN, CENTRAL AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA AND THE FIGHT FOR THE RETURN OF THEIR STOLEN OCCUPIED LANDS

The Newsleter of the Sojourner Truth Farm School (August, 1995), the Washitaw were
(and still are) a nation of Africans who existed in the Southern U.S. and Mississippi Valley region long before the 16th century Europeans arrived and even before there were "Native Americans" on the lands the Washitaw once occupied and still occupy today.
RaceandHistory.com - BLACK CIVILIZATIONS OF ANCIENT AMERICA

Blacks should be conpensated for the land native americans and white men stole from them and demand they be deported. Maybe Obama wlll in his next term. Have all white people removed

Ole "wooden teeth" is the only one who chopped down cherry trees.He lied about that too.

Many of the blacks here trace their ancestors back farther than most whites.

He was African American.
Yes he was.

When have I ever said otherwise?

But....both Lemuel and Cheswell

were seen, treated and counted as Free Whites in their time.

Sure, you, and your Beckian friends know they were African American now.

Most people who interacted with these folks didn't know it then.
As were the many "negro" black slaveholders you like to point to so often, who were more than often mulattoes, and so light skinned you could never tell them apart from your sister.

Do you understand why little facts like that matter?

You haven't said othewise. Which makes me wonder why the fuck you even started this discussion.

I listed African Americans of whom some hold a historical significance and you start this shit about how light their skin was. Fact is these men were African American no matter how light skinned you claim they were.

Out of all the black slave owners I doubt they were all light skinned as you claim and you have no way to prove they were.
he looks like a mexan texan to me....

It is certainly true there were black slaveowners, but I'm sure, as you know, those free blacks were often prisoners in their own states. Law in many Southern states forbade them to even leave the state - unless it was permanent, they were restricted in commerce, legal matters, etc...; just simply living for a free black, even ones who had built up wealth was not as some would have you believe. As the war approached, even more laws were written that could snatch away their "freedom" at any given moment
...and of course, Dred Scott made it clear they were not even citizens of the country they lived in.

Yes, some black slaveowners bought slaves to purchase their kin's freedom, some did it for economic, pragmatic reasons, and some were just as dastardly as their fully white counterparts. All true.

But Grooms inflates numbers by playing with statistics and presenting a much different picture than actually was.
He also fails to mention a good portion of those "negro slaveowners" were mulattoes.

Mary Chestnut wrote about those mulattoes:

"God forgive us, but ours is a monstrous system and wrong and iniquity. Perhaps the rest of the world is as bad—this only I see.
Like the patriarchs of our old men live all in one house with their wives and their concubines, and the mulattoes one sees in every family exactly resemble the white children
—and every lady tells you who is the father of all the mulatto children in everybody's household, but those in her own she seems to think drop from the clouds, or pretends so to think."[Link]

More often than not, those "black slaveowners" many refer to, were by all appearances, quite white.
I'm just wondering,were you thinking about the color of that Marine who picked up that M-60 machine gun and started mowing down the NVA who were about to overrun your position on top of Kesahn,N.vietnam.Huh:clap2:

Forum List

Back