Are Beheadings Covered by the Geneva Convention?

Now McCain is a wussy? The man is simply trying to remind people what The US is and all about. Freedom from tyranny. Freedom from torture. McCain was exposed to such harsh treatment in Hanoi. If you don't like him, then don't vote for him, but don't belittle what he has done for this country. Calling him a wussy does just this.

OTF ....

Except for the usual 10% of screwballs, I don't see anyone on the right advocating torture. I respect McCain's service, and the fact that he was a POW; however, the latter coupled with his overreactionary stance to the topic disqualifies him as an objective authority on the topic, IMO. Depending on just how literal and/or relative one wants to be, not feeding detainees their favorite meals could be defined as "torture."

I also find it ironic, not to mention the double-standard from Hell, that the left demands we adhere to arbitrary, Holier-than-thou morals and principles when dealing with an enemy bent on our destruction, while at the same time on the home front they continually attempt to destroy any and all moral values and start chanting "Its the evil Christians focing their religious views on us" whent hey don't get their way.

War suck. Holding our military to a set of standards the enemy not only has no intention of adhering to but also exploits as a wekness on our part is simply tying our troops' hands behind hteir backs and shoving them into battle.

Belief in a set of values is admirable. When one can't see beyond those values in order to deal with an enemy exploiting them, one is going to lose.

These terrorists are criminals, nothing more. They commit murder, torture and other forms of abuse in the name of their cause. Using terror in and of itself is a form of psychological torture.

Yet we can't play loud death metal, leave the lights on and deprive them of sleep because it's torture?:duh3:

Forum List

Back