Are any USMB posters trying to cause a Sunni-Shiite style rift in America's RW vs LW?

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Are any USMB posters trying to cause a Sunni-Shiite style rift in America's RW vs LW?

No survey.

Just discuss if you have anything to add to the topic.

I believe there are those whose long term ambition is to help deepen the ideological divide between the RW and the LW, but none who actually have that as a practical goal.

However, I may be wrong.

RW and LW are woefully inadequate constructs to discuss political differences. There are so many more interesting ways to view it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Zander!

You are a great American!

The lack of responses to this topic by the Usual Suspects MAY 'speak VOLUMES.'

Last edited:

No survey.

Just discuss if you have anything to add to the topic.

I believe there are those whose long term ambition is to help deepen the ideological divide between the RW and the LW, but none who actually have that as a practical goal.

However, I may be wrong.

I would't say most of them are intelligent enough to have that as their objective. All they know is that they have been taught that their group are the good guys and the other group the bad guys and so they run with it.

My experience over the years is that I can criticize both left and right in the same post, only to be called a "libtard" or a "neo con" depending on who it was who was so ultra-conformist that anything short of lock step orthodoxy is met with derision. Europeans tend more towards leftist orthodoxy and Americans right wing, but there are certainly many who play the game no matter where they live.

In general, people are fearful and stupid and anything short of being just like their little mates makes them anxious.

There is no conspiracy theory to cause a religious split between the crazy social cons and the rest of Christianity in America. The Christians in America know the socon far right are stone cold crazy.

The far right political thugs are trying to split mainstream American into various parts so the far right can conquer and divide.

I think that the premise is too much like a conspiracy.

The divide is widening between the parties because that is what's happening naturally. The mood of the country is divided. I personally think enough strides have been taken in the progressive direction that it is unsettling to conservatives. But that's my opinion.

Forum List

Back