Are any of you ready for this

For those that think we will have a lot of food at the stores I will ask you this, how will you be able to buy food when the dollar will be made worthless in 6 months?

China: Dollar's Dominance Is Dead

WAAAH runs screaming into the night in a blind panic....

I cannot imagine living with so much fear.

Fear is for those who are not prepared. I'm trying to help and you're making jokes.

everyone should keep around 30 days worth of food on hand. I buy by the case and actually have about 1 years worth of food on hand. In a metal lined walk in cupboard. Around 300 gal of fuel in a tank. 3 freezers full of meat and veggies from the garden.
I think 18 head of cattle right now. I trade beef for pork with a neighbor and buy chickens and eggs from a kid down the road, already plucked of course.

Ohh and on preparing, I saw the financial crash coming and did not lose a dime.
I converted over half of my investments to American Eagles at a bit over $500 each.
the rest I put in as secure places as I could.

And I take no credit in making you.

Ohh and also My funeral arrangements are made and paid for. My estate has already been converted into an in perpetuity trust ( i think that is the term) and should exist for at least 20 years. I have set up college trusts for the grandchildren.
And I am sure I forgot a few things.
But I AM PREPARED.

Ohh and also My funeral arrangements are made and paid for. My estate has already been converted into an in perpetuity trust ( i think that is the term) and should exist for at least 20 years. I have set up college trusts for the grandchildren.
And I am sure I forgot a few things.
But I AM PREPARED.

Grand-dad?

Yep Gramps actually 5X.

Oldest will be 16 before long. And she does not know it but she has a car under a tarp in the barn. They are all B or better students and the 2 oldest are in gifted programs.
They think I am great and that is all that matters :D

Last edited:
WAAAH runs screaming into the night in a blind panic....

I cannot imagine living with so much fear.

Fear is for those who are not prepared. I'm trying to help and you're making jokes.

everyone should keep around 30 days worth of food on hand. I buy by the case and actually have about 1 years worth of food on hand. In a metal lined walk in cupboard. Around 300 gal of fuel in a tank. 3 freezers full of meat and veggies from the garden.
I think 18 head of cattle right now. I trade beef for pork with a neighbor and buy chickens and eggs from a kid down the road, already plucked of course.

Ohh and on preparing, I saw the financial crash coming and did not lose a dime.
I converted over half of my investments to American Eagles at a bit over $500 each.
the rest I put in as secure places as I could.

And I take no credit in making you.

There yoiu go again with that paper money thing. It's going to be worthless. except for maybe kindling.:lol: It's good that you have some thing storied away.

Last edited:
Food prices are on the raise due to shortages.

2011 has just begun and yet we are already seeing significant price shocks and serious food shortages in many areas of the globe. In fact, violent economic riots are now being reported in Algeria, in Chile and in Mozambique. Food shortages and price increases are also causing political unrest in other nations such as India, Bangladesh and Indonesia.

Price Shocks, Food Shortages And Global Economic Riots In 2011?
Am I ready ?
Sure am. I have 3 organic farms in 3 different countries..............south of duh border.............BTW South of the border is an excellent flick unless you have your head up your ass,like most murkins.

Here's your movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmTBnhOXufg&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited:
Beng a survivalist isn't just for your nut case anymore

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL1ypI9RPMQ&feature=related[/ame]

One thing I am fairly certain of....

When things go wrong in the supply lines, things go wrong rather quickly.

So to those of you who are trying to get people to prepare for such emergencies I say:

Good for you!

It doesn't really matter WHY things do down (whether its a disater or a monetary contrivance) the shelves at your supermarket have less than a week of food for normal shopping and if people panic, they have a few hours worth of food at best.

What's it gonna take for most of us to stock up on enough can goods to last a few weeks?

If you just stock up on preserved foods when you find them on sale you can stock up that emergency supply in a few months and you'll bearly notice the cost.

Now have I done that?

No, of course not.

I'm a grasshopper by nature.

But a lot of you are ants and these folks ARE giving sage advice

So to those of you who are trying to get people to prepare for such emergencies I say:

Good for you!

It doesn't really matter WHY things do down (whether its a disater or a monetary contrivance) the shelves at your supermarket have less than a week of food for normal shopping and if people panic, they have a few hours worth of food at best.

What's it gonna take for most of us to stock up on enough can goods to last a few weeks?

If you just stock up on preserved foods when you find them on sale you can stock up that emergency supply in a few months and you'll bearly notice the cost.

Now have I done that?

No, of course not.

Thank you thats all I want as many people to be prepared. The more people who are prepared the less people will be coming to me or someone like me for help. Because I am going to be honest with you people, I have a giving heart but I can't give to everybody.

Good for you!

Now have I done that?

No, of course not.

I'm currently sitting here iced in hoping the power lines hold out till it gets above freezing. Which, thankfully, is expected later today.

We flood around here every spring and sometimes at other times too, it's the nature of the beast in this area. Flooding invariably takes out our electricity and water service. Usually very short term, but a few years back we had a bad one where power was down for almost 3 days and water for more than a week.

There's never any harm in keeping your pantry well stocked, water for a few days on hand and a few extra things you probably already have lying around the house set aside in one place and ready if needed. ;)

But there's a difference between prudence and panic. Or between picking up that extra can to put back when it's on sale and running out to fill your entire basement with supplies when you have other things you need to spend the cash on.

Forum List

Back