Are any of you ready for this

The United States can feed a lot of the world. The major impediment to doing this is the United States government.

Not really since a large protion of our corn is going to alturnative fuel sources. and a lot of old fram land is going up on the devleopers table to create houses and busniess. and the weather would also have a lot to the decline in Americas food proction.

The United States can feed a lot of the world. The major impediment to doing this is the United States government.

Not really since a large protion of our corn is going to alturnative fuel sources. and a lot of old fram land is going up on the devleopers table to create houses and busniess. and the weather would also have a lot to the decline in Americas food proction.

Most crop production is put off limits by government due to watering prohibitions and endangered species.

The ethanol fiacso is a whole other sack of shit.

We need a missile defense.

More important than Social Security, Medicare, etc.

“Look, I am the President of the United States…If we don’t have our security, we’ll have no need for social programs. We’re going to go ahead with these [defense] programs.” Peter Schweitzer, “Reagan’s War: The Epic Struggle and Final Triumph Over Communism,” p. 139-140

Yes, we get it, you rather we spend all our money on defense like a good Big Government Social Conservative. Anything else?

There we have it, a message for the 'can't we all just get along' contingent.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1. Existential threats from abroad include Iran, whose beliefs include the necessity of destroying the infidel. The have developed advanced missiles that could destroy an American city, or if it could deliver the warhead as an electromagnetic pulse weapon, it could destroy the electronic infrastructure of the United States, causing hundreds of millions of United States deaths.

a. The pulse would destroy transformers, so that your lights won’t work, your refrigerator nor would the pumps that bring water to your home. Without transportation, food stores could not be restocked. The Electromagnetic Pulse Commission has estimated that after such an attack, the United States could support life for about 30 million people. The report makes for interesting reading: http://www.empcommission.org/docs/empc_exec_rpt.pdf

b. Such an attack requires that that a warhead be exploded in the high atmosphere, rather than reentering as in a missile attack. The Iranians have twice practiced such an attack in the Caspian Sea, exploding a dummy warhead in the high atmosphere to simulate a pulse bomb. How difficult would it be for them to position a ship off our coast?

c. We do not currently have a missile defense to counter these weapons. The American people should be informed of this.

2. China is openly anti-American, and write in their military journals about the use of unrestricted warfare using a combination of military warfare, economic warfare, cyberwarfare, atomic war, and terrorism. They have shown a desire to improve landbased and space based military options.

a. “China Deploys World’s First Long-Range, Land-Based ‘Carrier Killer’ DF-21D Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile (ASBM)” China Deploys World?s First Long-Range, Land-Based ?Carrier Killer?: DF-21D Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile (ASBM) Reaches ?Initial Operational Capability? (IOC)|Andrew S. Erickson

We do not have a missile defense against this.

b. “The Soviets succeeded: by developing several supersonic anti-ship missiles, one of which, the SS-N-22 Sunburn, has been called "the most lethal missile in the world today." The Sunburn - Iran's Awesome Nuclear Anti-Ship Missile

This missile has been deployed by the Chinese and the Iranians, and presents a problem due to its Mach-3 speed.

c. The subject of the intent of the Chinese should include a discussion of the ‘Red-Guard’ generation of generals, 55-60 years old, having grown up during the Cultural Revolution, and who will not be satisfied with China as a secondary power. “…Lt. Gen. Xiong Guang Kai, a senior Chinese official, made an implicit nuclear threat against the U.S., warning our government not to interfere because Americans "care more about Los Angeles than they do Taipei." The Claremont Institute - Protecting Our Nation:The Urgent Need for Ballistic Missile Defense

3. Americans have been raised to misread superpower conflicts. Policy leaders have taught that we must understand a balance of power between the US and Russia, and that if we seek strategic superiority over other nations, we will create strategic instability. This is the view propounded by universities, think tanks, and schools of foreign service. President Obama: “…"no single nation should pick and choose which nation holds nuclear weapons…"

a. And there are those who hold the view that America is hardly worth defending, or, that our military power is fundamentally suspect. Sound like the poster above?

b. Conservatives seem to feel that it was good enough to have won the Cold War...but fail to appreciate that we did not disarm the Russians of their nuclear arsenal, nor curtail their active efforts to undermine the US and the West, nor create a democracy in Russia.

We have not tested a nuclear weapon since 1992, nor created more tactical nuclear weapons.

And the new START treaty? “The new treaty came at the time of Obama's new nuclear posture statement which promised America won't perform nuclear tests or build new nuclear weapons.” Jed Babbin: Inside the Obama Doctrine for American decline | The Examiner | Op Eds | Washington Examiner

4. Our economic problems limit our ability to face these problems, so deficits become a national security issue. How much should we spend on defense?

The answer: what ever is necessary to protect the United States. It is as simple as that.

OK modbert use all the servey's you want to those people are exactly the ones that will be caught with nothing. Their's nothing worse than to hear the cry of a hungry child. But keep that great 769 credit score. I wonder how those numbers will taste when that all you have on the table.

You seem to not understand that people stand more to lose then just their credit score by not paying their bills. Going to be mighty difficult to protect your family and yourself if such a crisis did happen if you have no home. Or no place to put all that food and bottled water.

At this point all you're doing is irrational fear mongering but you're not the only one in the thread. Yes, we could be attacked by an electromagnetic pulse weapon, but we could also be blown up by one of the thousands of nuclear weapons out there. Yes, people in the U.S could starve because they don't have food supplies if a crisis happened.

However, you're acting like it's anything new that there is food shortages across the globe or that there are people starving. I'm not surprised countries with such high populations like India and Indonesia would have food shortages or political unrest. That's what happens when you have food waste. There is enough food on earth right now to feed everybody.

I recommend actually reading a book on the topic of food waste and educating yourself then suggesting people not pay their bills.

American Wasteland by Jonathan Bloom.

Keep your house payment current and truck or car payment if you have one. But the rest let it go they can't take take it away. they can give you a bad credit score and thats all.

However, you're acting like it's anything new that there is food shortages across the globe or that there are people starving.

Bert this time it will be differant it will not be in certain areas. But what the heck if I am wrong at least I will have a lot of food toeat.

I own organic farms in Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Chile.
Ya see. I saw this shitstorm in 2003 or 4.
OH LOOK.
Britney got unna them thar klit ringzzz.
Idiots.

OK modbert use all the servey's you want to those people are exactly the ones that will be caught with nothing. Their's nothing worse than to hear the cry of a hungry child. But keep that great 769 credit score. I wonder how those numbers will taste when that all you have on the table.

You seem to not understand that people stand more to lose then just their credit score by not paying their bills. Going to be mighty difficult to protect your family and yourself if such a crisis did happen if you have no home. Or no place to put all that food and bottled water.

At this point all you're doing is irrational fear mongering but you're not the only one in the thread. Yes, we could be attacked by an electromagnetic pulse weapon, but we could also be blown up by one of the thousands of nuclear weapons out there. Yes, people in the U.S could starve because they don't have food supplies if a crisis happened.

However, you're acting like it's anything new that there is food shortages across the globe or that there are people starving. I'm not surprised countries with such high populations like India and Indonesia would have food shortages or political unrest. That's what happens when you have food waste. There is enough food on earth right now to feed everybody.

I recommend actually reading a book on the topic of food waste and educating yourself then suggesting people not pay their bills.

American Wasteland by Jonathan Bloom.
With all due respect treating an epic la nina as just normal variance is nonsense. The largest breadbasket country in the world, Russia, had a catastrophic crop failure last year and stopped exporting. Pakistan, Australia and Brazil had good chunks of their crops washed away. Argentina is experiencing drought and it too is a major exporter so no at this moment it is uncertain that short of food rationing and worldwide thinning of herds and flocks that the entire world will be fed.

The food waste argument ignores national security concerns and the cost/benefit of eliminating waste. Absent such concerns there would be effectively no farming of staples in the EU and virtually no water intensive grain production in Australia. I mean sure Russia could make the Manych Seaway sea level and flood oil fields and major cities in six countries but it sure would raise crop size. Likewise diverting Indian investment away from infrastructure needed to get crops to market to modern food storage would reduce theoretical food waste but the cost of those storage facilities would also price adequate food out of the budget of 25-50 million Indians. By the way the calories available per person in Indonesia just about doubled under the Suharto regime and may halve under the current crisis which would bring back military rule.

I think the reality is there are no *massive* shortages / food growing gone wrong. Every year there are always some floods and etc.

In terms of gold price food prices have not gone up much at all.

I think this is just inflation mostly. Of course _SOME_ food might always have less production or something like that, but on average it may be just mostly inflation.

Food prices are on the raise due to shortages.

2011 has just begun and yet we are already seeing significant price shocks and serious food shortages in many areas of the globe. In fact, violent economic riots are now being reported in Algeria, in Chile and in Mozambique. Food shortages and price increases are also causing political unrest in other nations such as India, Bangladesh and Indonesia.

Price Shocks, Food Shortages And Global Economic Riots In 2011?

It's gonna get worse, Bigreb. It's a mathematical fact.

2011 has just begun and yet we are already seeing significant price shocks and serious food shortages in many areas of the globe. In fact, violent economic riots are now being reported in Algeria, in Chile and in Mozambique. Food shortages and price increases are also causing political unrest in other nations such as India, Bangladesh and Indonesia.

I know it will, but are you ready Cuyo?

Nah, I'm not ready to start clamoring for canned goods just yet. In spite of recent increases, food is still ridiculously cheap in this country. Worse came to worse, I could probably grow enough to feed my household on the tiny patch of ground I've got.

Nah, I'm not ready to start clamoring for canned goods just yet. In spite of recent increases, food is still ridiculously cheap in this country. Worse came to worse, I could probably grow enough to feed my household on the tiny patch of ground I've got.

oh great thats good. do you have enough seed on hand? have you considered what the weather will be like. Could possibuly have a very long dry spell or even have a major flood. Another thing to think about is the lines of people when and if food really becomes scarous.Think of yourself then multiply that times 1000 all going to the grocey store to start stocking food and water. I would say for every one person stocking up there are 1000 not prepared. My numbers may be off but I do hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Lordy, lordy, all the people that have stated that the people like Dr. James Hansen are 'alarmists', are out alarming him.

Get it through your thick skulls, the amount of damage we are now seeing to the world's agriculture is not normal. But it was predicted by we 'alarmists'. In fact, one of the major predictions concerning global warming is wider and wilder swings in weather, with an overal warming.

About one more 'hit' in a major agriculteral area, and we will all be devoting a higher percentage of our income to food. And people in third world nations will not be eating, period.

In the meantime, why don't we just develop a few more thousand square miles of farmland. Put it under concrete for more shopping malls and suburban sprawl.

We only need enough food for about another year and a half anyway. The world ends in 2012 right?
The mayan thing or Palin gets elected. Either way it is the end of the world.

I've been witnessing this at the grocery stores in the produce section.

Take your next check do not pay your bills and buy can foods and dry goods, and bottled water. If you aren't stocked up
My bunker is so stocked, that there is only enough room for me, my wife, my dog, and only ONE of my two boys.

I'm going to use Santa's naughty and nice list to help decide between the two.

(P.S. We'll be taking the dog in case the food runs out.)

I've been witnessing this at the grocery stores in the produce section.

Take your next check do not pay your bills and buy can foods and dry goods, and bottled water. If you aren't stocked up
My bunker is so stocked, that there is only enough room for me, my wife, my dog, and only ONE of my two boys.

I'm going to use Santa's naughty and nice list to help decide between the two.

(P.S. We'll be taking the dog in case the food runs out.)

Dog does make a tastie meal.:eek:

We only need enough food for about another year and a half anyway. The world ends in 2012 right?
The mayan thing or Palin gets elected. Either way it is the end of the world.

2012? People will still be around after 2012. People were still arouns after the last mayan start of a new calendar.

Lordy, lordy, all the people that have stated that the people like Dr. James Hansen are 'alarmists', are out alarming him.

Get it through your thick skulls, the amount of damage we are now seeing to the world's agriculture is not normal. But it was predicted by we 'alarmists'. In fact, one of the major predictions concerning global warming is wider and wilder swings in weather, with an overal warming.

About one more 'hit' in a major agriculteral area, and we will all be devoting a higher percentage of our income to food. And people in third world nations will not be eating, period.

In the meantime, why don't we just develop a few more thousand square miles of farmland. Put it under concrete for more shopping malls and suburban sprawl.

And what is wrong with an alarmist>?

I agree every prime rich piece should be devloped to into new housing :eusa_drool::eusa_angel:

New Topics

Forum List

Back