CDZ Are anti gunners serious when they say they will stop at 10 round magazines?

We are talking Americans here
Americans are fat and lazy. Too content with their standard of living to rise in revolt.

If they did, they would be no match to a modern army. Fat, out-of shape rednecks against the most advanced Army in history

At one level, I would concede that you have a point. At the other end of the spectrum, Hollywood is portraying our U.S. military as a bunch of bearded drunks that are taking drugs, breaking the law, and fraternizing for the purposes of sex (see tv shows like Valor, The Brave and SEAL Team for examples.) I wonder how much of that stereotype is equally accurate as your stereotype.

I hope and pray that some Americans will wake up and see the effects that fast food, opioids, and wasting time on computers is doing to them. The terrorists we face are not like your average American which is why we cannot win over them. IF the American people took up the same lifestyle, it wouldn't take many to be a force against the tyranny of an all too powerful government.

Terrorists are an annoyance

They are no threat to our democracy

You should try telling the victims of terrorism that they are no threat. I don't recognize a democracy. I was guaranteed a Republican form of Government (Article 4 Sec. 4 of the Constitution.)

Terrorists will always be among us
But how much damage do they actually inflict on our society?

Less than 100 deaths last year from terror attacks. We have over 8000 murders a year. Gang violence is a bigger threat than terrorism

Just because the media and the FBI are telling you that the Las Vegas shooter was not a terrorist does not mean they got it right. They don't know what caused him to do the deed.

He wasn't a terrorist

The German's thought the same thing in the 1920s......and likely thought the same thing as they marched into the box cars going to the camps...
Yes, privately owned firearms did a great job thwarting a Blitzkreig

They did in Switzerland.....see, you have to be able to hold territory after you capture it.....and had Europe not disarmed their peoples......like the Swiss.....there would have been no way for Germany to hold that territory......they didn't invade Switzerland because the 435,000 civilians with military rifles made it impossible to hold...so they invaded everyone else...
LOL

Switzerland sold out to the Nazis to save themselves from invasion
Never could have survived a Blitzkreig

And yet the only country the nazis didn't invade was the one with 435,000 armed civilians with fully automatic military rifles.....

THE SWISS WERE PREPARED TO FIGHT FACISM TO THE BITTER END | FRONTLINE | PBS

That is why the Nazis despised Switzerland. Joseph Goebbels called Switzerland "this stinking little state" where "sentiment has turned very much against us." Adolf Hitler decided that "all the rubbish of small nations still existing in Europe must be liquidated," even if it meant he would later "be attacked as the 'Butcher of the Swiss.'"

The 1940 Nazi invasion plan, Operation Tannenbaum, was not executed, and SS Oberst Hermann Bohme's 1943 memorandum warned that an invasion of Switzerland would be too costly because every man was armed and trained to shoot. This did not stop the Gestapo from preparing lists of Swiss to be liquidated once the Nazis overran the country.

The other European nations were easily toppled and had little means to wage a partisan war against the occupation. Once their standing armies were defeated, the governments capitulated and the populaces were defenseless.

Only in Switzerland was the entire populace armed and prepared to wage a relentless guerrilla war against an invader. When the war began in 1939, Switzerland mobilized 435,000 citizen soldiers out of a population of 4.2 million. Production figures for Swiss service rifles, which had firepower equal to those of the Germans, demonstrate an ample supply of small arms. Swiss militiamen were instructed to disregard any alleged "official" surrender as enemy propaganda and, if necessary, to fight individually. This meant that a nation of sharpshooters would be sniping at German soldiers at long ranges from every mountain.

While neutral, Switzerland was prepared to fight a Nazi invasion to the end. The celebrated Swiss Gen. Henri Guisan developed the strategy known as defense du reduit--an initial opposition followed by a retreat into the Alps, where a relentless war to the death would be waged. Most Swiss strongly opposed Nazism. Death sentences were issued for fifth-column activities, and proclamations against anti-Semitism were passed at various official levels. There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

Switzerland could not defend themselves with small arms

If Hitler was intent on taking Switzerland (which he didn't need), he could have leveled the cities, destroyed the railways, cut off their distribution of food

Any gun owner acting as a sniper would be publically tortured along with his family and neighbors

Wisely, Switzerland chose to appease Hitler

And yet the link shows you don't know what you are talking about......and hitler didn't invade...he invaded everyone else...but not he country that allowed it's people to keep their guns....

Only in Switzerland was the entire populace armed and prepared to wage a relentless guerrilla war against an invader. When the war began in 1939, Switzerland mobilized 435,000 citizen soldiers out of a population of 4.2 million. Production figures for Swiss service rifles, which had firepower equal to those of the Germans, demonstrate an ample supply of small arms. Swiss militiamen were instructed to disregard any alleged "official" surrender as enemy propaganda and, if necessary, to fight individually. This meant that a nation of sharpshooters would be sniping at German soldiers at long ranges from every mountain.

At one level, I would concede that you have a point. At the other end of the spectrum, Hollywood is portraying our U.S. military as a bunch of bearded drunks that are taking drugs, breaking the law, and fraternizing for the purposes of sex (see tv shows like Valor, The Brave and SEAL Team for examples.) I wonder how much of that stereotype is equally accurate as your stereotype.

I hope and pray that some Americans will wake up and see the effects that fast food, opioids, and wasting time on computers is doing to them. The terrorists we face are not like your average American which is why we cannot win over them. IF the American people took up the same lifestyle, it wouldn't take many to be a force against the tyranny of an all too powerful government.

You should try telling the victims of terrorism that they are no threat. I don't recognize a democracy. I was guaranteed a Republican form of Government (Article 4 Sec. 4 of the Constitution.)

Less than 100 deaths last year from terror attacks. We have over 8000 murders a year. Gang violence is a bigger threat than terrorism

Just because the media and the FBI are telling you that the Las Vegas shooter was not a terrorist does not mean they got it right. They don't know what caused him to do the deed.

He wasn't a terrorist

Where is your proof?

and gang violence isn't that big of a threat since it's mostly pieces of shit criminals killing other pieces of shit criminals

But they also terrorize the honest citizens/businesses in the communities they reside in

Our internal gangs are a bigger threat than outside terrorists. If we spent as much money fighting gangs as we do fighting terrorist, we would be much safer

gangs and gang crime are local issues not federal

So?
Still a bigger threat to the people
Funds can be shifted from federal to local....happens all the time

He wasn't a terrorist

Where is your proof?

The proof is ...there is no proof
Or even the slightest connection to outside terrorists

Yes, privately owned firearms did a great job thwarting a Blitzkreig

They did in Switzerland.....see, you have to be able to hold territory after you capture it.....and had Europe not disarmed their peoples......like the Swiss.....there would have been no way for Germany to hold that territory......they didn't invade Switzerland because the 435,000 civilians with military rifles made it impossible to hold...so they invaded everyone else...
LOL

Switzerland sold out to the Nazis to save themselves from invasion
Never could have survived a Blitzkreig

And yet the only country the nazis didn't invade was the one with 435,000 armed civilians with fully automatic military rifles.....

THE SWISS WERE PREPARED TO FIGHT FACISM TO THE BITTER END | FRONTLINE | PBS

That is why the Nazis despised Switzerland. Joseph Goebbels called Switzerland "this stinking little state" where "sentiment has turned very much against us." Adolf Hitler decided that "all the rubbish of small nations still existing in Europe must be liquidated," even if it meant he would later "be attacked as the 'Butcher of the Swiss.'"

The 1940 Nazi invasion plan, Operation Tannenbaum, was not executed, and SS Oberst Hermann Bohme's 1943 memorandum warned that an invasion of Switzerland would be too costly because every man was armed and trained to shoot. This did not stop the Gestapo from preparing lists of Swiss to be liquidated once the Nazis overran the country.

The other European nations were easily toppled and had little means to wage a partisan war against the occupation. Once their standing armies were defeated, the governments capitulated and the populaces were defenseless.

While neutral, Switzerland was prepared to fight a Nazi invasion to the end. The celebrated Swiss Gen. Henri Guisan developed the strategy known as defense du reduit--an initial opposition followed by a retreat into the Alps, where a relentless war to the death would be waged. Most Swiss strongly opposed Nazism. Death sentences were issued for fifth-column activities, and proclamations against anti-Semitism were passed at various official levels. There was no Holocaust on Swiss soil, something that can not be said for France, the Netherlands, Poland or most of Europe.

Switzerland could not defend themselves with small arms

If Hitler was intent on taking Switzerland (which he didn't need), he could have leveled the cities, destroyed the railways, cut off their distribution of food

Any gun owner acting as a sniper would be publically tortured along with his family and neighbors

Wisely, Switzerland chose to appease Hitler

And yet the link shows you don't know what you are talking about......and hitler didn't invade...he invaded everyone else...but not he country that allowed it's people to keep their guns....

Hitler had no reason to invade
He already had a Swiss Government that would appease him

Hitler knew how to deal with snipers. He was especially brutal with them and their families

The Swiss found it easier to pander to Hitler's demands than to see their cities destroyed like the rest of Europe

He wasn't a terrorist

Where is your proof?

So, you are speculating because you don't know.

He wasn't a terrorist

Where is your proof?

I don't know whether extraterrestrials helped him either

Just that there is no evidence of it

He wasn't a terrorist

Where is your proof?

The point is, in that and many other instances, we don't know, but we can glean from the facts a finite number of reasons people kill their fellow man. Since terrorists claimed responsibility, I'm willing to accept their word for it. That way, it does leave the door open for us to admit we don't know all the methods whereby terrorists recruit and radicalize.

He wasn't a terrorist

Where is your proof?

The point is, in that and many other instances, we don't know, but we can glean from the facts a finite number of reasons people kill their fellow man. Since terrorists claimed responsibility, I'm willing to accept their word for it. That way, it does leave the door open for us to admit we don't know all the methods whereby terrorists recruit and radicalize.
8000 murders a year.......most do not involve terrorism

Probably hitler knew better than to mess with the swiss banks. Maybe the rothschilds kept their gold there and told him to stay out of switzerland. Sounds like conspiracy, but nobody messes with the money masters. Notice Obama never called the bankers on the carpet after the 2008 meltdown, just reappointed them as the keepers of the flame after bailing them out with taxpayer loans that they didn't need.

Probably hitler knew better than to mess with the swiss banks. Maybe the rothschilds kept their gold there and told him to stay out of switzerland. Sounds like conspiracy, but nobody messes with the money masters. Notice Obama never called the bankers on the carpet after the 2008 meltdown, just reappointed them as the keepers of the flame after bailing them out with taxpayer loans that they didn't need.
Very true

Hitler wasn't afraid of an Army of Swiss soldiers as much as an Army of Swiss bankers

Where is your proof?

8000 murders a year.......most do not involve terrorism

Are you being flippant for a reason?

You forgot that I also included SSRIs, opioids, and people known to have mental health problems. We let them roam about when we know, for a fact, they are a danger.

Can't blame you for wanting to make a side issue out of terrorism. But, every life has value. But, you never sacrifice Liberty for the false promise of temporary Safety. You end up with neither.

Forum List

Back