Are American conservatives' ignorance & stubbornness a threat to all life on Earth!

Are American conservatives' ignorance & stubbornness a threat to all life on Earth!

• Total voters
Build a greenhouse. You'll see for yourself. Or just sit in a car with the engine off for a while on a morning with a good cloud cover. You'll notice that exhaling CO2 will cause the temperature to rise above what it was when you got in.

Is that the extent of your knowledge? The car warms because the windows block convection. Take two identical cars...one with just air, and one with a higher concentration of CO2...allow some means for the increased pressure to vent due to the heat of compression and you will see two cars that are the same temperature...CO2 does not cause a temperature increase in an open atmosphere.

A few years ago, I recall being in a debate on a forum around Earth Day. Conservatives were, as usual, angry, defiant, and completely unwilling to listen to rational arguments about just about any subject. Global warming/Climate change was, of course, one of those topics. In fact, many conservatives hated the concept and the idea of Earth Day so much that they claimed they purposely turned on all the lights in their homes or simply ran the engines in their vehicles while they sat in their cars listening to their radios as some kind of protest. Frankly, it seemed silly and just plain childish to me. It still does. It reminded me of times when I've seen some child (and sometimes an adult) act in a destructive manner as a form of protest against something. As an example, a person might smash something of value in an effort to make a point, although the point they ultimately make is that they're both irrational and immature.

However, it's one thing to take a hammer to your own car in a fit of pique. It's another thing entirely to destroy your home where others in your family also live. But, I guess you can always move somewhere else, right? Well, not in the case of planet Earth. Earth is everyone's home, and if we (the collective we) destroy the sustainability of life on this planet, we've got nowhere else to go. And right now, the only people in the world who seem to be against trying to rise to meet the immense and growing challenge of climate change are American Conservatives.
There's no such thing as man-made global warming… jack weed

Only humans are extracting liquid, gaseous, and solid carbon from underground where it's been sequestered for millions of years in order to burn it for energy thereby placing it into the atmosphere where it acts as a catalyst for warming the Earth. You see, the greenhouse effect is not a complicated theory like quantum mechanics; it's Earth Science 101.

Apparently you've never heard of volcanoes or noticed that all animals exhale CO2 or noticed that CO2 is natural and necessary for life on Earth. You are just in denial about your cult foolishness. Far more theories turn out to be bullshit than proven fact.

I bet he thinks that we are a major source of CO2 on this planet as well and is completely unaware that we don't produce enough CO2 to even overcome the natural variation in the earth's own CO2 making machinery from year to year.

Well, the human population on Earth is estimated to have passed the 1 billion mark for the first time around 1800. It took ALL of human history to reach that mark. It took only 127 years (to around 1927) to reach 2 billion. It took only 33 years (to 1960) to reach 3 billion. And only 51 years later (6 years ago in 2011), the world's population reached 7 billion.

Population growth - Wikipedia

You didn't mention that the population growth of industrialized countries is falling like a rock.

Build a greenhouse. You'll see for yourself. Or just sit in a car with the engine off for a while on a morning with a good cloud cover. You'll notice that exhaling CO2 will cause the temperature to rise above what it was when you got in.

Is that the extent of your knowledge? The car warms because the windows block convection. Take two identical cars...one with just air, and one with a higher concentration of CO2...allow some means for the increased pressure to vent due to the heat of compression and you will see two cars that are the same temperature...CO2 does not cause a temperature increase in an open atmosphere.

That's what GW IS.

That's what GW IS.

I can't help but notice that you have yet to provide even a single shred of observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability...

Want to know why? Because none exists...there isn't the first piece of actual observed, measured, quantified evidence that more CO2 causes warming...you can talk all you like...but what you can't do is provide any evidence that supports your belief...

Forum List

Back