Are all rights created equal?

"Rights" don't exist as anything more than "things the government lets you do".

They dont? You may have a point. But if so, do you like or dislike this new reality regarding our once great rights?

Heathens don't believe inalienable rights granted by the Creator / Nature's God are real and absolute.

You are wasting your time.

Sadly, you're right. Seems many lefties now answer the original question with "I dont know, what did Obama say we could do?"

They dont? You may have a point. But if so, do you like or dislike this new reality regarding our once great rights?

Heathens don't believe inalienable rights granted by the Creator / Nature's God are real and absolute.

But you are wrong. Regardless of what deity they worship, they enjoy those rights until the worshipers of government manage to take them away from them.

But you are wrong. Regardless of what deity they worship, they enjoy those rights until the worshipers of government manage to take them away from them.

Depends.

In Afghanistan, the religious worshippers have taken away the rights, and the "government" is trying to reissue some of them.

You are 100% right in the general idea. Lets adjust and say they enjoy these rights until the "men with the most weapons" decides what they can and cant do.

Are all equals created equal?

is one = one equal to 13 = B + A?
Or does the complexity of the second example make it more equal than the first example?

How about E=MC2?

That equal is very highly rated.

Last edited:

What criteria do you use to determine which "rights" were given to you by "God", and which weren't?

Incorrect.

Right cease to exist when the individuals fail to fight back. Governments that take rights by force are tyrannies.

"Rights" is a term made up by people who wanted to feel better about their government (or to make their citizens feel better about their government).
No, again you are wrong. Rights are tangible freedoms that are independent of governments. Rights only become meaningless terms when they are brainwashed away from individuals so that they may be blended into the collective and controlled by the power hungry in government.

What makes something a "right"?

What criteria do you use to determine which "rights" were given to you by "God", and which weren't?

That would differ for every person I'm sure. Probably based on religion also.

Personally.........

I think humans have God given rights to do what is necessary to survive, pursue happiness, reproduce, seek comfort.....without harming another. Its why, even as a conservative former-cop, I believe weed should be legal. But so should drinking unpasteurized milk (it's not).

So, "right to an attorney" is obviously not God-given, since attorneys didn't exist for most of our history. The right to drive a car is not a "right" but a privilege. The right, however, to pursue a driver's license and buy a car would be seeking happiness and comfort, so one should have the "right" to pursue that privilege.

Self-defense, btw, is a RIGHT.

An always smarter-than-me liberal refused to answer this question. So, why not post it to all? Very simple. Are all rights created equal?

Do some rights warrant a permit to exercise that right, thus meaning it's not really a right but a privilege that the government can permit, or not?

Do some rights warrant a fine or payment of cash to be allowed to practice it?

Do some rights carry the burden of showing an ID or going through a background check to practice them?

Very simple question. Are rights created equal? If the govt can give/take the right, is it really a "right" or a privilege? If we have no rights, but only privileges that the govt can take, give, manage, then what exactly are we as a people?????????

First, I would like to note that the question, "What is a right?" seems to me more a question of semantics than of principles.

I would not say that all rights are equal. I would also be reluctant to say that one right was greater than another. Either way implicitly uses a metric for rights, and I don't know what that would be.

I think that government should regulate certain rights, by requiring permits or otherwise, which does mean that not all rights are absolute. The right to free speech does not provide absolute protection against libel, obscenity, verbal assault, etc. Property rights do not protect one from duly issued search warrants, etc. A society made up of more than one person necessarily balances one individual's rights against another's, and the government should be involved in that.

A right as I understand it is an abstract principle that exists independently of a government grant. However, a right in this sense is a statement of what someone or someones should be allowed to do, not what they in fact can do. Governments can almost always restrict the rights of their peoples, by killing them if nothing else. That doesn't destroy the abstract principle, it only violates it.

Sadly, you're right. Seems many lefties now answer the original question with "I dont know, what did Obama say we could do?"

Communists and assorted Leftists seek to eradicate religion from government, but the inconvenient truth is that USA is directly founded on the principle that God grants a certain inalienable sovereignty to the individual.

Obama's EPA has sent armed tactical teams in to arrest people for drinking milk fresh from a cow. Drink the cows milk, go to jail.

And yes, I got that from a show, saw it last night and was shocked by it.

I frankly find this very difficult to believe. Could I see a source on it?

Weed should be legal. So should eating a deer. And owning a weapon to harvest that deer. However, Obama's EPA has sent armed tactical teams in to arrest people for drinking milk fresh from a cow. Eat a deer or pig, you're ok. Drink the cows milk, go to jail.

That never happened.

Obama's EPA has sent armed tactical teams in to arrest people for drinking milk fresh from a cow. Drink the cows milk, go to jail.

A quick one: "Rawesome" Raw Milk Farm Raided...Again | The Healthy Advocate

Saw it on John Stossel last night. They had all the surveillance video of the tac teams raiding the farms. I found it hard to believe too, but it is. You cannot serve milk straight from a cow. Must be pasteurized. Raw milk will get you raided. My correction though, it was FDA, not EPA, that was my mistype.

Weed should be legal. So should eating a deer. And owning a weapon to harvest that deer. However, Obama's EPA has sent armed tactical teams in to arrest people for drinking milk fresh from a cow. Eat a deer or pig, you're ok. Drink the cows milk, go to jail.

That never happened.

Yes, it did:

U.S. News - Amish farmer targeted by FDA raids shuts down raw milk business

THere are MANY MANY more.

Saw it on John Stossel last night. They had all the surveillance video of the tac teams raiding the farms. I found it hard to believe too, but it is. You cannot serve milk straight from a cow. Must be pasteurized. Raw milk will get you raided. My correction though, it was FDA, not EPA, that was my mistype.

It's against the law to sell raw milk, that's true. And raw milk farms have been raided.

But not by "SWAT teams", and no one has been "arrested for drinking milk". All of the "video" of "tac teams" are just regular agents, without guns, loading milk onto a truck.

People have been arrested for selling raw milk, because it's against the law. But not for drinking it.

I don't agree with the law, but nonsense is nonsense.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b27EFldZ17k&feature=fvwrel]Police Begin "Guns Drawn" Raids on Organic Food Stores in California - YouTube[/ame]

It's against the law to sell raw milk, that's true. And raw milk farms have been raided.

But not by "SWAT teams", and no one has been "arrested for drinking milk". All of the "video" of "tac teams" are just regular agents, without guns, loading milk onto a truck.

People have been arrested for selling raw milk, because it's against the law. But not for drinking it.

I don't agree with the law, but nonsense is nonsense.

See: The videos I posted.

Forum List

Back