Are all rights created equal?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
An always smarter-than-me liberal refused to answer this question. So, why not post it to all? Very simple. Are all rights created equal?

Do some rights warrant a permit to exercise that right, thus meaning it's not really a right but a privilege that the government can permit, or not?

Do some rights warrant a fine or payment of cash to be allowed to practice it?

Do some rights carry the burden of showing an ID or going through a background check to practice them?

Very simple question. Are rights created equal? If the govt can give/take the right, is it really a "right" or a privilege? If we have no rights, but only privileges that the govt can take, give, manage, then what exactly are we as a people?????????

A 'right' can only be taken from an individual by force.

What does that tell you about government?

Yep. And a right cannot be created by the government. If it can, it is a privilege, not a right. The govt shouldn't be able to take/regulate a "right" unless that person has committed a crime.

A libtard has no idea what a right is, they think the gov't. should regulate your rights, that is why they lose.

An INALIENABLE RIGHT cannot, by design, be limited, regulated, denied, restricted, etc.

An INALIENABLE RIGHT is endowed by our creator, NOT by a government entity.

To answer your question........Yes, all "rights" are created equal, because no "rights" shall be decided by man.

An INALIENABLE RIGHT cannot, by design, be limited, regulated, denied, restricted, etc.

An INALIENABLE RIGHT is endowed by our creator, NOT by a government entity.

To answer your question........Yes, all "rights" are created equal, because no "rights" shall be decided by man.

Yep. And what are our inalienable rights? I'd be interested in the left and right wing answers to this.

As a human being born into this world, 2012, what are our inalienable rights, that the US government, or Iranian govt, or Chinese, or Australian or Sudanese....should not be able to take or regulate?

"Rights" don't exist as anything more than "things the government lets you do".

They dont? You may have a point. But if so, do you like or dislike this new reality regarding our once great rights?

Incorrect.

Right cease to exist when the individuals fail to fight back. Governments that take rights by force are tyrannies.

"Rights" is a term made up by people who wanted to feel better about their government (or to make their citizens feel better about their government).

No, they exist. Tyrannical governments simply use force to suppress people's ability to enjoy them.

For example, do you/should you have the right to eat any natural, edible product of the Earth? Weed, for example, which I think should be legal. How about other naturally occurring and edible food items? Does a human have a right to eat them?

No, they exist. Tyrannical governments simply use force to suppress people's ability to enjoy them.

For example, do you/should you have the right to eat any natural, edible product of the Earth? Weed, for example, which I think should be legal. How about other naturally occurring and edible food items? Does a human have a right to eat them?

No. As I've already said, there's no such thing as "rights", other than in the sense of things the government lets you do.

I also believe that weed should be legal - and if it was, we'd then have a "right" to smoke weed.

An always smarter-than-me liberal refused to answer this question. So, why not post it to all? Very simple. Are all rights created equal?

Do some rights warrant a permit to exercise that right, thus meaning it's not really a right but a privilege that the government can permit, or not?

Do some rights carry the burden of showing an ID or going through a background check to practice them?

Very simple question. Are rights created equal? If the govt can give/take the right, is it really a "right" or a privilege? If we have no rights, but only privileges that the govt can take, give, manage, then what exactly are we as a people?????????

:eusa_think:
"Should there be a basic stupidity check prior to issuing a license to drive on roads shared with the rest of us?"

In the humble opinion of this average liberal, the answer is 'duh'. :rolleyes:

We have a right to do anything we can. It's really simple.

The term 'rights' serves only to pollute the crux of the discussion, which is individual liberty. And individual liberty is perpetually under siege by any and all forms of government. That's just the nature of things.

:eusa_think:
"Should there be a basic stupidity check prior to issuing a license to drive on roads shared with the rest of us?"

In the humble opinion of this average liberal, the answer is 'duh'. :rolleyes:

Roll eyes all you want, but how about think before you type.

Of coure driving is NOT a right, it's a privilege. The govt creates roads. You dont need a license to drive on your own private property, only on government roads.

But...there were no cars in the year 1600. People created cars. Government maintains roads. Both are 'created', thus, the use of them was created, and not a "right".

The right to attempt to survive, as an umbrella, meaning right to eat, sleep, drink, etc, etc, is more what I'm talking about. "Rights" government didn't create, and can't take.

Of course, if you lefties wanna take the stance that people have no rights, go for it.

Weed should be legal. So should eating a deer. And owning a weapon to harvest that deer. However, Obama's EPA has sent armed tactical teams in to arrest people for drinking milk fresh from a cow. Eat a deer or pig, you're ok. Drink the cows milk, go to jail.

And yes, I got that from a show, saw it last night and was shocked by it.

Incorrect.

Right cease to exist when the individuals fail to fight back. Governments that take rights by force are tyrannies.

"Rights" is a term made up by people who wanted to feel better about their government (or to make their citizens feel better about their government).
No, again you are wrong. Rights are tangible freedoms that are independent of governments. Rights only become meaningless terms when they are brainwashed away from individuals so that they may be blended into the collective and controlled by the power hungry in government.

Forum List

Back