Are aliens really going to have to land on this planet

As a matter of Fact that IS the only version I accept.
Why? Why is only the King James version the only acceptable version of the Bible?

Do you take Genesis literally? That the world is only about 6000 years old? That God created Adam then Eve? Who did their children mate with to have grandchildren for Adam and Eve?

How about Noah's family after the Flood?
In Genesis it is clear that Cain went and lived with OTHER people. The bible is not a source to claim only those God Created were on the Earth. As for 6000 years only a fool believes that as we have reams of data to prove life existed before then.
Agreed with all of your statement except the claim that God didn't create the other people Cain went to or who Adam and Eve's children mated to produce grandchildren.
I never said God did not create them. Perhaps you can highlight for me where I said that?
The KJV doesn't mention it.
Yes it does specifically in the Cain story.

Isn't it true our Galaxy will eventually cross over another and no stars will touch? I saw something about this on the cosmos
Correct. The Milky Way galaxy and the Andromeda galaxy are fated to collide with nary a star touching. Awesome, eh?

Four billion years from now:
Milky Way Has 4 Billion Years to Live — But Our Sun Will Survive

A truly beautiful dance of physics:

Maybe then it will be easier to interstellar travel. Won't we be closer to other stars when they cross?

It won't happen for four billion years. Hopefully we'd have developed something better than an oversized aluminum beer can for transportation.

Maybe a floating planet/spaceship? This is why I want to mine the meteor belt that's close to mars. First step is get to mars.

I can't imagine there is a planet better than ours, except for maybe a young virgin planet younger than ours.

We need to be able to bounce from star to star. Or live on something we've made that we can move if a meteor is coming. Maybe even if they just hover by Mars and never leave our solar system. But one day hopefully they will.

First step is to get to Mars. I think we will, it's only a question of when.

I can't imagine there is a planet better than ours Nothing wrong with this planet it's a beautiful place but we need to do better at keeping it clean.

Or live on something we've made that we can move if a meteor is coming.
Wouldn't it be easier to move the meteor? Hard to believe we're spending gobs of money on nuclear weapons to kill each other instead of planetary defensive systems to prevent a meteor/asteroid from crashing into the planet and wiping our humanity and many other species.

Human nature. When you figure out how to change that, let me know. :)

Why? Why is only the King James version the only acceptable version of the Bible?

Do you take Genesis literally? That the world is only about 6000 years old? That God created Adam then Eve? Who did their children mate with to have grandchildren for Adam and Eve?

In Genesis it is clear that Cain went and lived with OTHER people. The bible is not a source to claim only those God Created were on the Earth. As for 6000 years only a fool believes that as we have reams of data to prove life existed before then.
Agreed with all of your statement except the claim that God didn't create the other people Cain went to or who Adam and Eve's children mated to produce grandchildren.
I never said God did not create them. Perhaps you can highlight for me where I said that?
There are several curious inconsistencies in the Bible. Probably due to the hack job the Council of Nicaea did on it in 325AD.

These are one of my favorites:

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness

Us? Who was God talking to? The other gods? His wife?

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil

Again with "us". What was God afraid of that man would eat from the Tree of Life?

Isn't it true our Galaxy will eventually cross over another and no stars will touch? I saw something about this on the cosmos
That is the standard narrative. It is better to say that actual collisions are very rare. The centers of galaxies are not really stars at all, the forces rip them to shreds. The forces are too strong and it is generally accepted the very center is a black hole.

Stars will be thrown out of the galaxy, others will be destroyed as they crash into the merging supermassive black holes. And the delicate spiral structure of both galaxies will be destroyed as they become a single, giant, elliptical galaxy. But as cataclysmic as this sounds, this sort of process is actually a natural part of galactic evolution.

What does happen is that both galaxies are almost destroyed, in that they don't look the same afterwards. Both galaxies are extremely warped.

In a galaxy collision, large galaxies absorb smaller galaxies entirely, tearing them apart and incorporating their stars. But when the galaxies are similar in size – like the Milky Way and Andromeda – the close encounter destroys the spiral structure entirely. The two groups of stars eventually become a giant elliptical galaxy with no discernible spiral structure.

Read more at: What happens when galaxies collide?

Last edited:
-qKECJAsay7q0IDYpTjeYtRaWMLx77GozPg7H9XvDYE.jpg

Galaxy collision images taken by the Hubble Space Telescope • r/space

It never happened. It is fiction my friend!

The Bible says God first created Adam and Eve. It doesn't talk about the other people He created because it wasn't pertinent to the story.

The Bible says God created life on Earth. It doesn't talk about all the other planets with life on them because it wasn't pertinent to the story.

The Bible says Noah's family were the only survivors in their region. It didn't talk about other regions and the other survivors because it wasn't pertinent to the story. lol
The whole idea of the Flood was to wipe out everyone but Noah and his family. Are you saying the story is misleading? That the entire world wasn't flooded or that there were other boats?

Noah's family were the only survivors in his region. His was not the only surviving family on the entire planet.

Noah's family were the only survivors in his region. His was not the only surviving family on the entire planet.
So why didn't his Creator tell him to move? Why was it necessary to save 2-7 of EVERYTHING? Your ignorance is astounding. And aliens are still not out there.

So why didn't his Creator tell him to move? Why was it necessary to save 2-7 of EVERYTHING? Your ignorance is astounding. And aliens are still not out there.

And your own ugly character is typical of someone too weak and narcissistic to understand who or what they're even insulting. I've killed terrorists with better attitudes than yours. lol :ahole-1:

Anyway, perhaps you should research the Younger Dryas, and the accompanying comet that nearly wiped out all of mankind in flood and fire 13,000 years ago. Every ancient civilization on Earth talks about it.

The Bible says God first created Adam and Eve. It doesn't talk about the other people He created because it wasn't pertinent to the story.

The Bible says God created life on Earth. It doesn't talk about all the other planets with life on them because it wasn't pertinent to the story.

The Bible says Noah's family were the only survivors in their region. It didn't talk about other regions and the other survivors because it wasn't pertinent to the story. lol
The whole idea of the Flood was to wipe out everyone but Noah and his family. Are you saying the story is misleading? That the entire world wasn't flooded or that there were other boats?

....or the story is more apocryphal than fact as are most of the Genesis stories passed around the campfires for thousands of years before Moses wrote them down.

Younger Dryas, and the accompanying comet that nearly wiped out all of mankind in flood and fire 13,000 years ago. Every ancient civilization on Earth talks about it.
Thanks for the info. Although the Younger Dryas is fact, the cause is still under investigation. A comet or meteor would make sense, but, especially with the latter, a crater would be evident. As the link below points out, an impact event has evidence, but remains to be proved.

Younger Dryas - Wikipedia
The prevailing theory is that the Younger Dryas was caused by significant reduction or shutdown of the North Atlantic "Conveyor", which circulates warm tropical waters northward, in response to a sudden influx of fresh water from Lake Agassizand deglaciation in North America. Geological evidence for such an event is so far lacking.....A hypothesized Younger Dryas impact event, presumed to have occurred in North America about 12,900 calendar years ago, has been proposed as the mechanism that initiated the Younger Dryas cooling....

Younger Dryas, and the accompanying comet that nearly wiped out all of mankind in flood and fire 13,000 years ago. Every ancient civilization on Earth talks about it.
Thanks for the info. Although the Younger Dryas is fact, the cause is still under investigation. A comet or meteor would make sense, but, especially with the latter, a crater would be evident. As the link below points out, an impact event has evidence, but remains to be proved.

Younger Dryas - Wikipedia
The prevailing theory is that the Younger Dryas was caused by significant reduction or shutdown of the North Atlantic "Conveyor", which circulates warm tropical waters northward, in response to a sudden influx of fresh water from Lake Agassizand deglaciation in North America. Geological evidence for such an event is so far lacking.....A hypothesized Younger Dryas impact event, presumed to have occurred in North America about 12,900 calendar years ago, has been proposed as the mechanism that initiated the Younger Dryas cooling....

Still just a theory, absolutely (as with anything else), but I like the evidence presented, along with all the anecdotal writings of the most ancient writers by way of Gobekli Tepe.

Younger Dryas impact hypothesis - Wikipedia

The evidence claimed for an impact event includes charred carbon-rich layers of soil that have been found at some 50 Clovis sites across the continent. The proponents report that layers contain unusual materials (nanodiamonds, metallic microspherules, carbon spherules, magnetic spherules, iridium, platinum, charcoal, soot and fullerenes enriched in helium-3) that they interpret as evidence of an impact event, at the very bottom of black mats of organic material that they say marks the beginning of the Younger Dryas,[9][10] and is claimed cannot be explained by volcanic, anthropogenic, and other natural processes.[3]

Recent research has been reported that at Lake Cuitzeo, in the central Mexican state of Guanajuato, evidence supporting a modified version of the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis—involving a much smaller, non-cometary impactor—was found in lake bed cores dating to 12,900 BP. The reported evidence included nanodiamonds (including the hexagonal form called lonsdaleite), carbon spherules, and magnetic spherules. Multiple hypotheses were examined to account for these observations, though none were believed to be terrestrial. Lonsdaleite occurs naturally in asteroids and cosmic dust and as a result of extraterrestrial impacts on Earth. The analysis of the study has not been confirmed or repeated by other researchers.[11] Lonsdaleite has also been made artificially in laboratories.[12][13]

A 100-fold spike in the concentration of platinum has also been found in Greenland ice cores, dated to 12,890 BP with 5-year accuracy. This is interpreted as evidence against the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis by the study’s authors, but cited as evidence for the hypothesis by its proponents.[14][15]

Ancient stone carvings confirm how comet struck Earth in 10,950BC, sparking the rise of civilisations

Ancient stone carvings confirm that a comet struck the Earth around 11,000BC, a devastating event which wiped out woolly mammoths and sparked the rise of civilisations.

Experts at the University of Edinburgh analysed mysterious symbols carved onto stone pillars at Gobekli Tepe in southern Turkey, to find out if they could be linked to constellations.

The markings suggest that a swarm of comet fragments hit Earth at the exact same time that a mini-ice age struck, changing the entire course of human history.

....or the story is more apocryphal than fact as are most of the Genesis stories passed around the campfires for thousands of years before Moses wrote them down.

Everything about the Bible changes when one looks at it metaphorically - in a good way.

Just my outlook on it. :beer:

Everything about the Bible changes when one looks at it metaphorically - in a good way.

Just my outlook on it. :beer:
A good idea given how many hands have been involved in writing and editing it over the ages. The Bible, like a lot of ancient texts, has a lot of wisdom, but it's not perfect, IMO.

Are aliens really going to have to land on this planet right in front of us all before we take space travel seriously?

I've been resisting posting to this thread but since it's hung around further than it should have I might as well chime in......

I hate to disappoint ya Matthew but the odds of you being abducted and analy probed are slim and none,and they'd most likely knock you out so you wouldnt remember a single thrust.

Are aliens really going to have to land on this planet right in front of us all before we take space travel seriously?

I've been resisting posting to this thread but since it's hung around further than it should have I might as well chime in......

I hate to disappoint ya Matthew but the odds of you being abducted and analy probed are slim and none,and they'd most likely knock you out so you wouldnt remember a single thrust.
But he can still hope, amirite? :D

It doesn't talk about all the other planets with life on them because it wasn't pertinent to the story.
So far, there is NO evidence of life in any other planet. It's all just speculation.

Cool story.

The moon is still up there, even when you can't see it.
"God is still up there, even when you can't see him". :D

No life has been found on the Moon or elsewhere. Building blocks? Yes. Life? No. Death Angel is correct, "It's all just speculation" at this point.

It doesn't talk about all the other planets with life on them because it wasn't pertinent to the story.
So far, there is NO evidence of life in any other planet. It's all just speculation.

Cool story.

The moon is still up there, even when you can't see it.
"God is still up there, even when you can't see him". :D

No life has been found on the Moon or elsewhere. Building blocks? Yes. Life? No. Death Angel is correct, "It's all just speculation" at this point.

She should've stuck with the non-shithead method then. She don't need your help. ;)

Forum List

Back