Arctic Sea Ice – Ten Years Past The Tipping Point

Image 2 of 6 (play slideshow) Download

N_daily_concentration_hires.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Still a lot less ice than normal, and a very warm ocean.

gfs_nh-sat1_sstanom_1-day.png
And once again Old Fraud posts up a graph which omits the very cold temperatures that are occurring... I wonder why that is?

Okay, so two people made a prediction, and they were wrong.

The weather forecast makes predication every day, and are often wrong. Do you demand that people stop predicting the weather?

Predicting, you mean educated guesses. I have no problem with models that are right more than wrong. Climate scientists do not provide that.

The only "strike" seems to be that you're playing games.

So I need to read the link? If there's anything you want me to read, you go and post it on your thread. If you don't, then you don't want me to read anything.

That you're handing out names for everything, just like the petulant child that is president, and a whole host of high school boys, is quite telling.

Dude, I'm not interested in prolonging your high school years. Grow the fuck up.

You are choosing to be ignorant and stupid on the posted topic.

STRIKE TWO!

Liberals are willfully and deliberately ignorant about every issue, and they're programmed to resist letting information reach other people.

has anyone figured out why scientist want us to live uncomfortably in the cold?

has anyone figured out why scientist want us to live uncomfortably in the cold?
Its not scientists, its political Authoritarians, facists.

You cant control masses if they are capable of feeding, clothing, an defending themselves. You must take away that ability if you want to control them. They must depend on the political fascists for their very existence. MMCC is nothing more than populace control by deprivation under the guise of wealth redistribution.

Its a lie and a scam!.

It was a hell of a lot more than 2...

Then name them.

If you're not lying again, it should be easy for you.

If you are lying Stalinist cult apparatchik, you'll scream and run now, like you always do when we spank your whimpering fascist ass.

You can run now. You know you will. After all, your side always runs when challenged. It's one of the three things that define you, your rank cowardice.

The other two, if anyone is wondering, are stupidity and dishonesty. And butthurt.

Let me rephrase that. The four things that define you are cowardice, stupidity, dishonesty, and butthurt. And paranoia.

Let me rephrase that. The five things that define you are cowardice, stupidity, dishonesty, butthurt, paranoia, and a ruthless devotion to your Stalinist cult.

Let me rephrase that. Among the many things that define you ...
LOL

The onerous is on you to read the link and find out for yourself.. But being the lazy idiot you are that will not happen... Wow all the names you rant and rave and throw about... How about some empirical evidence to support your conjecture? Got any?

Arctic Ice Keeps Coming

Hudson Bay rapidly freezing up.

======

On the Eurasian side, on the left margin Chukchi is closing in. On the right side Kara has added 300k km2 of ice extent, now at 85% of maximum

It's close to winter now.

The people predicted no ice in SUMMER.
I guess you missed how that prediction didn't come to pass for over 10 years... What we are seeing currently is a static rebound to above normal ice levels..

Explain this you stupid dipshits

BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png

Arctic Ice Keeps Coming

======

On the Eurasian side, on the left margin Chukchi is closing in. On the right side Kara has added 300k km2 of ice extent, now at 85% of maximum

I guess you missed how that prediction didn't come to pass for over 10 years... What we are seeing currently is a static rebound to above normal ice levels..

Not only you fail to get the main point of the posted article, your own chart supports a point of the article of no decline in 10+ years.

Surely your eyes are still working, look at year 2007 and then year 2018, no more decline.

Arctic Ice Keeps Coming

======

For the DumbAss... The cherry picked region is during a solar active phase.. Why don't you post up the long period before this, which started in 1900? You wont because your an ass who wont accept that the Ice mass was lower in 1935-36 than it is today..

The PIOMAS graph I put up is all the satellite data available. It shows a steady decline in total ice volume over its span. YOU are the one cherry picking data. If you think you have enough data to claim that warming has ended and the Arctic is coming back, you will simply join the deniers who've jumped at every tick upward, at every flake of snow and every Rossby wave that brought a chill to the northeast and claimed that warming is ended, that the process is refuted. Good luck with that. History tells us that you will fail, that warming continues, that ice melts and that you are as wrong as you have always been.

Last edited:
The PIOMAS graph I put up is all the satellite data available. It shows a steady decline in total ice volume over its span. YOU are the one cherry picking data. If you think you have enough data to claim that warming has ended and the Arctic is coming back, you will simply join the deniers who've jumped at every tick upward, at every flake of snow and every Rossby wave that brought a chill to the northeast and claimed that warming is ended, that the process is refuted. Good luck with that. History tells us that you will fail, that warming continues, that ice melts and that you are as wrong as you have always been.

Crick NO ONE has said there was no decline from 1979, so drop the red herring bull crap. You are trying hard to ignore the reality that the decline has STOPPED!!!

If you bothered to read my first post, you would have learned that all those "tipping" points predictions have FAILED BECAUSE the decline stopped after 2007, that is what YOU are failing to understand. That is something you and your warmists are avoiding with Red Herrings and deflections replies to the reality that the decline STOPPED.

Again YOUR chart shows that the decline STOPPED after 2007, it is obvious with a quick glance, so drop your stupid evasions and grow up!

Watch how the warmists fools cries over this, when they don't bother to read the link in full.

Real Climate Science

Posted on November 24, 2018

by tonyheller

EXCERPT:

Ten years ago, Canada’s leading Arctic expert predicted the North Pole would be ice-free that summer. Mark Serreze from the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado agreed with him.

LINK

As others on your side have called out in similar circumstances, the man said "MAY BE FREE OF ICE". ESL?

Watch how the warmists fools cries over this, when they don't bother to read the link in full.

Real Climate Science

Posted on November 24, 2018

by tonyheller

EXCERPT:

Ten years ago, Canada’s leading Arctic expert predicted the North Pole would be ice-free that summer. Mark Serreze from the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado agreed with him.

LINK

As others on your side have called out in similar circumstances, the man said "MAY BE FREE OF ICE". ESL?

That was all you can bring up?

The decline has stopped after 2007, that is the reality you keep fighting.

When are you going to read the article I posted?

I did read it. Apparently with more attention than did you. Neither gentleman predicted an ice-free Arctic. They said it was a possibility. It was and it still is.

Look at the PIOMAS data between 1982 and 1996. Fourteen years and almost no net loss. Using your logic, someone would have been even more justified to have claimed that ice loss had ended then. Would they have been correct? No. Are you correct? The long term ice data and temperature data indicate that yes, you are wrong.

Last edited:
I did read it. Apparently with more attention than did you. Neither gentleman predicted an ice-free Arctic. They said it was a possibility. And it was. It still is.

Look at the PIOMAS data between 1982 and 1996. Fourteen years and almost no net loss. Using your logic, someone would have been even more justified to have claimed that ice loss had ended then. Would they have been correct? No. Are you correct? The long term ice data and temperature data indicate that yes, you are wrong.

You claim you read the ENTIRE link?

I call you a liar then since the TITLE of the Article is this: Arctic Sea Ice – Ten Years Past The Tipping Point

Once again you don't understand the main point of the article.

Here are what THOSE TWO GENTLEMAN stated in the link you allegedly read:

Did you read what Barber said?

He clearly says ICE FREE in his words, which was uttered TEN years ago, for that YEAR! The articles main point the one YOU keep ignoring (if you actually read the article) tells us that there has been NO MORE DECLINE since 2008.

He later said it would between 2013-2015 be ice free in the summer,

"Now along comes David Barber from the University of Manitoba, who estimates that the Arctic Basin will be ice free by the summer of 2015. The Star Phoenix reports:

The ice that has covered the Arctic basin for a million years will be gone in little more than six years because of global warming, a University of Manitoba geoscientist said. And David Barber said that once the sea ice is gone, more humans will be attracted to the Arctic, bringing with them even more ill effects…He said he estimates the Arctic sea should see its first ice-free summer around 2015…Barber has said before the Arctic basin would be free of summer sea ice some time between 2013 and 2030. But their research about recent changes in the Arctic has allowed them to pinpoint the date even closer."{

The same Barber who thought The Polar region never had an ice free summer in the last million years, bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

This man not worth the time reading as he is an IDIOT!

==================================================

James Hansen stated:

He says, in 5-10 years, the arctic will be free of sea ice in the summer.

Last edited:
I did read it. Apparently with more attention than did you. Neither gentleman predicted an ice-free Arctic. They said it was a possibility. It was and it still is.

You just employed a dishonest deflection since what I and the article stated is correct, there has been NO MORE DECLINE SINCE 2007. Stop fighting the reality here, that all those predictions were WRONG as the articles made clear.

Meanwhile are you going to ignore a lot of published PEER REVIEWED science papers showing good evidence of Ice free summers for long periods of time in the early interglacial period?

Last edited:
Got me there. Hansen said "will". Barber, however, said "may".

What is your position on the big picture Thomas? Do you accept that the world is getting warmer? Do you accept that the primary cause of that warming is anthropogenic CO2 emissions as well as deforestation and ozone loss from CFCs? Do you accept that the untenable rate of this warming is going to cause catastrophic changes that will cost us trillions and trillions of dollars?

If the answer to any of those questions is "no", you need a lot better justification than Hansen's "will".

To expand on what a poor predictor David "no ice!" Barber really is and what a coward he is:

Climate Sanity

August 27, 2014

10 to 1 odds for Prof. David Barber

Background

"Back in 2008 University of Manitoba Professor David Barber made two rediculous statements. First, National Geographic reported on June 20th, 2008, that Barber said

“We’re actually projecting this year that the North Pole may be free of ice for the first time [in history].”

Of course, that did not happen. At the low point for the year there were still 3 million square kilometers of ice in the Arctic and 2.25 million square kilometers in the Arctic Basin. But Barber wasn’t done sharing his insight. That year the Star Pheonix (Saskatoon) reported

The ice that has covered the Arctic basin for a million years will be gone in little more than six years because of global warming, a University of Manitoba geoscientist said. And David Barber said … he estimates the Arctic sea should see its first ice-free summer around 2015."

LINK

Got me there. Hansen said "will". Barber, however, said "may".

What is your position on the big picture Thomas? Do you accept that the world is getting warmer? Do you accept that the primary cause of that warming is anthropogenic CO2 emissions as well as deforestation and ozone loss from CFCs? Do you accept that the untenable rate of this warming is going to cause catastrophic changes that will cost us trillions and trillions of dollars?

If the answer to any of those questions is "no", you need a lot better justification than Hansen's "will".

That you for that.

The word "may" is a weasel word since he made it clear it was for THAT year. Since he was WAAAAAY off on it and the later 2015 prediction was also WAAAAAY off on. Why should YOU continue to take him seriously when he is continually WAAAAAY off?

Surely you already knew I accept that it has been warming since the late 1600's, that the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is GOOD for the planet and that there is no evidence that the current warming trend is a concern to us since it was a LOT warmer early in the interglacial period and even warmer in the previous interglacial period. Yet Mankind, Penguins, Polar Bears, Eskimos are still here.

You have yet to address the articles MAIN point in all this, when are you going to start?

Forum List

Back