Arctic sea ice set to hit record low

We officially hit the record today a full month ahead of 2007
Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag
Record dominoes 8: NSIDC daily sea ice extent - Arctic Sea Ice

Old rocks how do we safe guard our food supply? Should we play around with genetics to toughen the food supply or what else would you think we should do?

We need to abandon all fossil fuels, live in caves, eat dirt.

It's the only way to save the ice caps

No,

Nuclear, natural gas, wind, solar, tide, wave, ect for our energy policy. 40% nuclear at least....

We should pour money into research of genetically harden foods that can survive extreme events. We must start safeguarding our food supply.

Maybe even build infrastructure to hold water for dry times. Our civilization is more then capable of standing up to this.

Dude, wake the hell up. Brazils temps are 6 degrees warmer than the US on average. Take a look at their food production. It's fine. Warmth doesn't hurt plants. Cold and lack of water do. Certain areas have ALLWAYS been problematic as regards water. California is a perfect example. The only reason that LA got as big as it did is because Mulholland and Co. took the water from the Owens Valley and shipped it hundreds of miles to LA. LA is a damned desert. It averages less than 10 inches of rain per year.

The food problems we have are man made. We insist on living in areas where water is wanting. It's really quite simple. So long as you don't drink the koolaid.

Walleyes, have you gone completely daft? The area where they have lost a significant percentage of the corn crop was overly wet in 2011. This is the third year in a row that we have seen significant damage from extreme weather in the bread baskets in the world.

During the cold war years, I believe the government had an emergency store of food. We need to set up a system of storing a given amount that would see us through a few bad years. Also, a system of delivering water to the breadbasket areas would be appropriate. That would be a very expensive item, doable, but kind of a last resort.

As we have seen in the last two years, kind of hard to predict what will happen, a stalled weather system can dry an area out, or deliver vast amount of water.

What is predictable is that the anti-science denialists will try to shoot down any attempt to deal with the consequences of AGW, no matter which side of the political spectrum those suggestions come from.

Walleyes, have you gone completely daft? The area where they have lost a significant percentage of the corn crop was overly wet in 2011. This is the third year in a row that we have seen significant damage from extreme weather in the bread baskets in the world.

During the cold war years, I believe the government had an emergency store of food. We need to set up a system of storing a given amount that would see us through a few bad years. Also, a system of delivering water to the breadbasket areas would be appropriate. That would be a very expensive item, doable, but kind of a last resort.

As we have seen in the last two years, kind of hard to predict what will happen, a stalled weather system can dry an area out, or deliver vast amount of water.

And the CO2 that was added last year is stalling out these weather systems? Is that how it happens? 2PPM CO2 added last year = stalled weather system.

Drought = AGW

Flood = AGW

We officially hit the record today a full month ahead of 2007
Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag
Record dominoes 8: NSIDC daily sea ice extent - Arctic Sea Ice

Old rocks how do we safe guard our food supply? Should we play around with genetics to toughen the food supply or what else would you think we should do?

We need to abandon all fossil fuels, live in caves, eat dirt.

It's the only way to save the ice caps

No,

Nuclear, natural gas, wind, solar, tide, wave, ect for our energy policy. 40% nuclear at least....

We should pour money into research of genetically harden foods that can survive extreme events. We must start safeguarding our food supply.

Maybe even build infrastructure to hold water for dry times. Our civilization is more then capable of standing up to this.

Wait, you were serious? I may have to remove my thanks I thought you were mocking the warmers

Drought = AGW

Flood = AGW

Yup! Too bad you're too retarded to understand how that can be but most people with more than half a brain can understand it.

The problem simpleton, is in the real world of real science that is called an untestable hypothesis. Untestable hypotheses are relegated to the realm of pseudo science, like you and all your Lysenko loving idiots.

What is predictable is that the anti-science denialists will try to shoot down any attempt to deal with the consequences of AGW, no matter which side of the political spectrum those suggestions come from.

The only anti science denialists are you and your ilk olfraud. You pervert the scientific method, corrupt the peer review system, ignore real pollution and you simpletons think that any unethical behavior is fine so long as it benefits your religion.....just like every other religious fanatic group out there.

Every time you open your flap you reinforce the religios theme of your belief system.

Warmers have eliminated all variables except for CO2 using the "just because we say so" method

Drought = AGW

Flood = AGW

Yup! Too bad you're too retarded to understand how that can be but most people with more than half a brain can understand it.
The problem simpleton, is in the real world of real science that is called an untestable hypothesis. Untestable hypotheses are relegated to the realm of pseudo science, like you and all your Lysenko loving idiots.
Your problem, walleyedretard, is that "the real world of real science" is beyond your comprehension, you poor deluded cretin who pretends he's a geologist. The world scientific community solidly supports the theory of anthropogenic global warming and they do that on the basis of the mountains of evidence and data that support that conclusion. The only "pseudo science" around here is the distorted drivel that you deranged denier cultists spew forth at the behest of your puppet master in the fossil fuel industry.

Your problem, walleyedretard, is that "the real world of real science" is beyond your comprehension, you poor deluded cretin who pretends he's a geologist. The world scientific community solidly supports the theory of anthropogenic global warming and they do that on the basis of the mountains of evidence and data that support that conclusion. The only "pseudo science" around here is the distorted drivel that you deranged denier cultists spew forth at the behest of your puppet master in the fossil fuel industry.

And yet, I understand and follow the scientific method while you wipe your ass with it. I understand cause and effect unlike you science hating religious fanatics who preach the end of the world unless we repent our evil ways.

You're just the typical un-educated religious zealot.....just like all the religious zealots that have been for the last 2000 years. How many times do you clowns have to claim the end of the world before you wise up and figure out your religion is wrong?

And yet, I understand and follow the scientific method.....I understand cause and effect
Those are just two more of your many, many delusions, you poor retard. You barely "understand" how to tie your shoes.

And yet, I understand and follow the scientific method.....I understand cause and effect
Those are just two more of your many, many delusions, you poor retard. You barely "understand" how to tie your shoes.

Ohhhh, poor little boy having a bad day again? I see yet another claim made by your side has been proven false yet again. I wonder if you have the mental agility to even figure out to what I am referring.

Somehow I doubt it.

Really? The Arctic ice is not at a record low, and still melting? The vast majority of glaciers worldwide are not receding at an ever increasing rate? Worldwide agriculture has not been impacted in a major way for each of the last three years?

Walleyes, if you truly are a scientist, you are in the miniscule minority that still denies the obvious evidence and the basic science of AGW. As such, you are just an educated crackpot.

Really? The Arctic ice is not at a record low, and still melting? The vast majority of glaciers worldwide are not receding at an ever increasing rate? Worldwide agriculture has not been impacted in a major way for each of the last three years?

Walleyes, if you truly are a scientist, you are in the miniscule minority that still denies the obvious evidence and the basic science of AGW. As such, you are just an educated crackpot.

74 of 79 climatologists is now "the majority of scientists" is it? And you wonder why people mock you.

Ohhhh, poor little boy having a bad day again? I see yet another claim made by your side has been proven false yet again. I wonder if you have the mental agility to even figure out to what I am referring.
Somehow I doubt it.
What you are referring to, as is usually the case with such pronouncements from you, is happening entirely within your own anal cavity - you know, the place where you keep your head warm and communicate with your denier cult butt-buddies.

Why AGW must be false:

We've traced the cause of the Ice Melt, we've eliminated all the variables and can say with absolute authority that the recent additional wisp of CO2 is the cause, but we cannot demonstrate this in a lab because weather is a complex system with far too many variables.

Why AGW must be false:

We've traced the cause of the Ice Melt, we've eliminated all the variables and can say with absolute authority that the recent additional wisp of CO2 is the cause, but we cannot demonstrate this in a lab because weather is a complex system with far too many variables.
Every post you make, CrazyFruitcake, just demonstrates all over again why you must be a complete retard.

Somehow I doubt it.
What you are referring to, as is usually the case with such pronouncements from you, is happening entirely within your own anal cavity - you know, the place where you keep your head warm and communicate with your denier cult butt-buddies.

Try reading knucklehead...you know, non knuckle draggers like you know how...I suggest you learn how.

Somehow I doubt it.

Try reading knucklehead...you know, non knuckle draggers like you know how...I suggest you learn how.
Try thinking, retard. I know it is foreign to you......but I suggest you learn how to use the little bit of grey matter that (presumably) is inside your deformed head.

Forum List

Back