Arctic ice thins dramatically

There is no change Kitten .Not 9 % not .009 just what ever solids ( dust and debris ) trapped in the ice that are released and sink to the bottom of the ocean as sediment . Im sorry .

9% of a centimeter is not noticeable, but 9% of several hundred miles is. So yes, the area covered does matter a lot.

There is no change Kitten .Not 9 % not .009 just what ever solids ( dust and debris ) trapped in the ice that are released and sink to the bottom of the ocean as sediment . Im sorry .

9% of a centimeter is not noticeable, but 9% of several hundred miles is. So yes, the area covered does matter a lot.
There is no change in the water level when floating ice melts period.

There is no change in the water level when floating ice melts period.

Just wow ... if it was on the top of the water then the difference would be even greater though it would be an increase, which with salt water smaller pieces will float more on the top (as you have pointed out) however with large bodies of ice only a small portion is above the water, so it melting would increase it's density, thus decreasing it's volume. Are we going to keep going around with logic or will you just fess up that you are only using talking points? You sound too much like Chris right now. Again, 9% of a centiliter is not noticeable, but 9% of thousands of gallons is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUBLMaVhr6Q]YouTube - Watching the ice melt.[/ame]
0 x 100,000,000,000=0
Im out.

Last edited:
Fitnah ... you really missed it, that's a very small amount compared to the oceans.
also the ice was contained by the walls of the glass
so they could put in more ice to make it seem to stay the same level

True. The problem with people on the two extreme sides of the environmental argument is that neither is capable or willing to look at the whole picture. The reality, yes our species, like all others, is making an impact on the environment, but no, we should not go to an extreme to change that for many reasons. But neither side cares about that middle ground.

The ice in the water doesn't change the level at all, The ice floats because it displaces a volume of water which weights as much as the ice.
When the ice melts, it turns into water, that will occupy the same volume.
As for balance the south pole ice caps are growing.
Dont tell Chris.

Actually, it doesn't float on top of water, 75-90% of all ice on water is below the surface, displacing that much of it. So yeah, when it melts the water level should go down, on a global scale it's actually quite a bit, so land mass temps rise a little to melt the ice on there thus keeping the oceanic levels the same. My point though is that Chris is ignoring most of the science and findings just to cherry pick what he wants so he can help force all competition out of business. He's probably on Gore's payroll.

you are wrong again. weren't you spouting off about 3rd grade science and
the little experiment with a glass of water and ice cubes in it? maybe you should do this experiment and then come back and report your findings.

you have no clue at all!

The ice in the water doesn't change the level at all, The ice floats because it displaces a volume of water which weights as much as the ice.
When the ice melts, it turns into water, that will occupy the same volume.
As for balance the south pole ice caps are growing.
Dont tell Chris.

Actually, it doesn't float on top of water, 75-90% of all ice on water is below the surface, displacing that much of it. So yeah, when it melts the water level should go down, on a global scale it's actually quite a bit, so land mass temps rise a little to melt the ice on there thus keeping the oceanic levels the same. My point though is that Chris is ignoring most of the science and findings just to cherry pick what he wants so he can help force all competition out of business. He's probably on Gore's payroll.

the little experiment with a glass of water and ice cubes in it? maybe you should do this experiment and then come back and report your findings.

you have no clue at all!

Let me guess, that's as far you went in science? Explain where you get that I was wrong, otherwise you are just trolling.

you have no clue at all!

Let me guess, that's as far you went in science? Explain where you get that I was wrong, otherwise you are just trolling.

you are pathetic. no matter how many times you are shown to be wrong, you always come back with some bullshit lines.

the water level is not affected by melting of ice, other than temperature change. so you are wrong when you say the level goes down when ice melts. this is simple physics. look up archimedes' principle. or do the little experiment.

then finally admit that you are wrong.

you have no clue at all!

you are pathetic. no matter how many times you are shown to be wrong, you always come back with some bullshit lines.

the water level is not affected by melting of ice, other than temperature change. so you are wrong when you say the level goes down when ice melts. this is simple physics. look up archimedes' principle. or do the little experiment.

Using a "glass of water" for comparison to "vast oceans" is pathetic. Simple physics states that the water level will go down, but in a tiny glass of water the difference is imperceptible to the eye. Mathematically though it does happen. Again, tiny brain sees a tiny picture and think it reflects the huge globe.

you have no clue at all!

can you give me a chance since I've never asked? if the water level is not affected by melting of ice, why is there such panic about Arctic ice melting? Thank you.

March 17, 2012
The Last Dry Spot on Earth

Scientist have concluded that the melting of the polar ice caps was directly attributable all of the dire "We must stop man made Global Warming!" Threads on the Internet.

Issac Bradbury, the worlds last leading Climatologist said, "Look, we all knew that as a 'science' climatology ranked some where between palmistry and phrenology, but we had a great time getting taken serious and women basically threw themselves all over us to find out how they could 'save the planet'.

Now that we've had a chance to review the data we find that the Earth ate up the CO2 from SUV's like it was cotton candy, but what it couldn't handle was the output from electricity used to power the computers, storage and server farms to post "Man Made Global Warming!!" Warnings. I mean how many fucking times did you have to post the EXACT same nonsense?"

can you give me a chance since I've never asked? if the water level is not affected by melting of ice, why is there such panic about Arctic ice melting? Thank you.

the panic is not mine. water level is affected by ice melting on greenland for example. that is like pouring water into a bucket, the level will rise. already swimming ice will do nothing.

but if the oceans are warming, then the floating ice will melt, too. and if the oceans are warming there will be other consequences.

there is much misinformation which feeds panic but there is much misinformation to counter this "panic", too, see kittenkoder.

Using a "glass of water" for comparison to "vast oceans" is pathetic. Simple physics states that the water level will go down, but in a tiny glass of water the difference is imperceptible to the eye. Mathematically though it does happen. Again, tiny brain sees a tiny picture and think it reflects the huge globe.

sure, in kittenkoder's universe everything is possible, la di la

the panic is not mine. water level is affected by ice melting on greenland for example. that is like pouring water into a bucket, the level will rise. already swimming ice will do nothing.

but if the oceans are warming, then the floating ice will melt, too. and if the oceans are warming there will be other consequences.

there is much misinformation which feeds panic but there is much misinformation to counter this "panic", too, see kittenkoder.

"Floating" ice is mostly "under water" ... that's why you still fail.

so you are not on the Al Gore "bandwagon"?

so you are not on the Al Gore "bandwagon"?

No, he's just a troll on my back because he has less of a life than I do. ;)

"Floating" ice is mostly "under water" ... that's why you still fail.

yeah about 90% of it is under water, as i explained to you earlier in another thread, glad you digested this lesson.

Forum List

Back