Arctic Ice Melting Slows

code1211

Apr 8, 2009
I know there were many who were concerned that the Arctic Ice Caps would melt and with it any hope that mankind could survive.

Thankfully, while below the ice Extent numbers for the average year 1979 through 2000, there was more Arctic Ice near the end of August this year than at the same time in 2007 or 2008.

I couldn't really tell if the Northwest Passage was open or not from the satelite photo. It didn't look to be so yet. I think that an open northwest Passage was one of the predictions from a poster here earlier this year.

http://nsidc.org/images/arcticseaicenews/20090818_Figure2.png

http://nsidc.org/images/arcticseaicenews/20090818_Figure1.png

I know there were many who were concerned that the Arctic Ice Caps would melt and with it any hope that mankind could survive.

Thankfully, while below the ice Extent numbers for the average year 1979 through 2000, there was more Arctic Ice near the end of August this year than at the same time in 2007 or 2008.

I couldn't really tell if the Northwest Passage was open or not from the satelite photo. It didn't look to be so yet. I think that an open northwest Passage was one of the predictions from a poster here earlier this year.

Here comes the intolerant liberals in to bash on you're opinion of the science.

Holy CRAP. It's gonna get COLD in the Arctic soon!

Next thing you know -- SNOW!

What do they CALL it, again, when in upper northern reaches the nights get longer and the temperatures start to drop precipitously every year, around these same months?

Last edited:

yawn

al gore is a liar, burp

yawn

al gore is a liar, burp

Yes. Yes he is.

Just ask the frog.

yawn

al gore is a liar, burp

Yes. Yes he is.

Just ask the frog.

shit, i ate the frog.

Al Whore should be ridiculed for what he did to Dee Snider, if nothing else.

shit, i ate the frog.

Well, I guess there's no "asking the frog" anything , anymore.

But still, algore remains just a liar.

al gore invented the internet, he and tipper were the inspiration for love story, and al gore must be ridiculed, because saul alinsky said it.
As you probably know, Saul Alinsky was a spiritual mentor to President Obama. Well, maybe "spiritual" isn't quite the right word. But let's not quibble.

Anyway, President Obama reveres Saul Alinsky. AND, President Obama revers anybody who offers ANY support for the aggrandizement of the Federal Government at the expense of the People, of the States, of businesses and of tax dollars. That is why President Obama is the first GREEN President (beating out Kermit by just a few votes).

Because President Alinsky -- err- I mean -- that is -- President Obama reveres anybody whose any support for the aggrandizement of the Federal Government in that manner, President Obama values the endless climate garbage spread by algore.

So, even if Saul Alinsky had ever suggested that algore needs to be ridiculed, there's no way his disciple, President Obama, would do that.

It ain't easy being green.

"It's Not Easy Bein' Green" (lyrics by Joe Rapposo)

It's not that easy bein' green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold-
or something much more colorful like that.

It's not easy bein' green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water- or stars in the sky.

But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why? Wonder,
I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

Appropos of nothing (except the discussion of all that "green" nonsense and our friend Kermit) I offer for your entertainment another version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdoi0rgSjI]YouTube - jason mraz - rainbow connection[/ame]

Well, I guess there's no "asking the frog" anything , anymore.

But still, algore remains just a liar.

al gore invented the internet, he and tipper were the inspiration for love story, and al gore must be ridiculed, because saul alinsky said it.
As you probably know, Saul Alinsky was a spiritual mentor to President Obama. Well, maybe "spiritual" isn't quite the right word. But let's not quibble.

Anyway, President Obama reveres Saul Alinsky. AND, President Obama revers anybody who offers ANY support for the aggrandizement of the Federal Government at the expense of the People, of the States, of businesses and of tax dollars. That is why President Obama is the first GREEN President (beating out Kermit by just a few votes).

Because President Alinsky -- err- I mean -- that is -- President Obama reveres anybody whose any support for the aggrandizement of the Federal Government in that manner, President Obama values the endless climate garbage spread by algore.

So, even if Saul Alinsky had ever suggested that algore needs to be ridiculed, there's no way his disciple, President Obama, would do that.

And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water- or stars in the sky.

And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree.

did i hit a pavlov reflex?

oh yes i did.

this is not about obama, this is about ridicule. in this case about ridicule of anything concerning concerns about climate change. see the op. mild ridicule in this case, but still.

and how do you fight someone? with alinsky's rule for radicals, as i learned on this board.

just quote them, and feel wicked shmart

oh yes i did.

this is not about obama, this is about ridicule. in this case about ridicule of anything concerning concerns about climate change. see the op. mild ridicule in this case, but still.

and how do you fight someone? with alinsky's rule for radicals, as i learned on this board.

I don't know what you're now talking about in terms of a Pavlovian reflex.

The President WAS a huge devotee and student of Saul Alinsky (as was Shrillary Clinton, for that matter). In knowing the ins and outs of HOW Saul "taught" his "students" to take on the man, we are bound to garner some insight into the inner workings of the mind and motivation of President Alinsky -- errr -- I mean -- President Obama.

One need not be wicked smaht to see this. It is actually quite clear once we realize where we need to look.

I am sorry you missed an opportunity to discuss Kermit in more detail, however.

oh yes i did.

The President WAS a huge devotee and student of Saul Alinsky (as was Shrillary Clinton, for that matter). In knowing the ins and outs of HOW Saul "taught" his "students" to take on the man, we are bound to garner some insight into the inner workings of the mind and motivation of President Alinsky -- errr -- I mean -- President Obama.

One need not be wicked smaht to see this. It is actually quite clear once we realize where we need to look.

yeah i forgot the kermit angle, sorry, we could have found common ground.

i used the word alinksy, you bit and were talking about obama, this is the pavlovian reflex.

like teleprompter=obama.

rules for radicals is from the 70's. those rules are as valid when criticizing obama's critics as when criticizing al gore.

don't get distracted by the shiny object.

complete bullshit, see my NSIDC post on the actual data

oh yes i did.

i used the word alinksy, you bit and were talking about obama, this is the pavlovian reflex.

like teleprompter=obama.

rules for radicals is from the 70's. those rules are as valid when criticizing obama's critics as when criticizing al gore.

Bullcrap. No matter WHEN the Alinsky days and his idiot Rules were most in vogue, this President was a devotee of the man and his "Rules."

President Obama is, in effect, the "man," now. But he is a community organizer in his stinking heart of hearts and is still fighting "the man." To his advantage, now he gets to do it from the inside.

And that has a TON of explanatory power for the mutant imbecility he foists off as "policy" in this God-foresaken Administration with an idiot liberal Congress marching largely in lock-step.

SO, congratulate yourself on your own time. The facts are still the facts and you cannot reasonably take credit for those facts. This is President Community Organizer trained and steeped in the Alinsky school.

What did Alinsky teach his student over and above ANYYTHING else, LK?

Answer that one correctly and you don't have any obligation to make any further references to Kermit or any other frogs.

like teleprompter=obama.

Bullcrap. No matter WHEN the Alinsky days and his idiot Rules were most in vogue, this President was a devotee of the man and his "Rules."

President Obama is, in effect, the "man," now. But he is a community organizer in his stinking heart of hearts and is still fighting "the man." To his advantage, now he gets to do it from the inside.

And that has a TON of explanatory power for the mutant imbecility he foists off as "policy" in this God-foresaken Administration with an idiot liberal Congress marching largely in lock-step.

SO, congratulate yourself on your own time. The facts are still the facts and you cannot reasonably take credit for those facts. This is President Community Organizer trained and steeped in the Alinsky school.

What did Alinsky teach his student over and above ANYYTHING else, LK?

Answer that one correctly and you don't have any obligation to make any further references to Kermit or any other frogs.

aye master. the shiny object called alinsky, i cannot control it anymore. i feel like the zauberlehrling must have felt. luckily:

„In die Ecke Besen, Besen!
Seids gewesen, denn als Geister
ruft euch nur zu seinem Zwecke
erst hervor der alte Meister!"

no obama, no alinsky. ridicule is the name of the game.

New Topics

Forum List

Back