arctic dipole

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
A new atmospheric pattern emerges: the Arctic Dipole
In a 2008 article titled, Recent radical shifts of atmospheric circulations and rapid changes in Arctic climate system Zhang et al. show that the extreme loss of Arctic sea ice since 2001 has been accompanied by a radical shift of the Arctic atmospheric circulation patterns, into a new mode they call the Arctic Rapid change Pattern. The new atmospheric circulation pattern has also been recognized by other researchers, who refer to it as the

More indications of a radically changing climate

Wunder Blog : Weather Underground

Arctic Dipole (Richter-Menge et al., 2009). The old atmospheric patterns that controlled Arctic weather--the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) and Arctic Oscillation (AO), which featured air flow that tended to circle the pole, now alternate with the new Arctic Dipole pattern. The Arctic Dipole pattern features anomalous high pressure on the North American side of the Arctic, and low pressure on the Eurasian side. This results in winds blowing more from south to north, increasing transport of heat into the central Arctic Ocean. The Arctic Dipole pattern occurred in all summer months of 2007 and helped support the record 2007 summer reduction in sea ice extent (Overland et al., 2008). Fall 2008 through spring 2009 featured the old AO pattern. The new Arctic Dipole pattern re-appeared in June - July 2009, but the old AO pattern dominated in August - September, resulting in greater sea ice extent than in 2007 and 2008. The Arctic Dipole pattern was active again in October, inactive in November, and is reasserting itself this December. As a result, Arctic sea ice reached a new record minimum for a 10-day period in early November, increased above record lows during late November and early December, and appears poised again to reach a new record minimum later this December (Figure 2).

What extreme loss?

IJIS Web Site

AMSRE_Sea_Ice_Extent.png

Take your shrill doom and gloom crap and peddle it elsewhere. You've had so many holes blown in the bottom of your AGW boat, that it's sinking faster than you can say Al Gore.

Yes, Old Rock, this is indeed a Crisis inside a Catastrophe wrapped around an Emergency. There is only one real permanent solution and I've contact my friend at Goodwin Proctor about a patent on it.

arnold-schwarzenegger-the-terminator.jpg

See those sunglasses?

I'm making a pair of Gargoyles 500 miles long and putting them in geosynchronous orbit. They will be tied into a computer that monitors "Dire ManMade Global Warming!!!!" Posts on Internet sites and whenever a Warmer posts a "Dire ManMade Global Warming!!! the glasses will flip down to repel the suns rays and cool down the affect area.

I estimate the glaciers will return in about 5 years burying everything north of the Ohio River under 60 feet of ice

I will Require Three Things From You to Fix This Crisis!!!

1). All Of Your Account Numbers. Include Pin Numbers.

2). Your Will.

3). Your Worship. 5 Times Every day for 30 Minutes.

:ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1: :ack-1:

What chance does the Ice have what with it being million of degrees just a few kilometers down?

Forum List

Back