Arctic data skewed II

As pointed out, Watts is not at all a credible source. And the tactic he is using here is exactly the same as that used by the Tobacco companies in their campaign to cast doubt on the Surgeon General's findings concerning tobacco use and illnesses.

Anthony Watts - SourceWatch

Background and education
Watts grew up around Cincinnati, Ohio and reportedly attended Purdue University[1], studying Electrical Engineering and Meteorology.[2]. Watts's "About" page mentions neither his Purdue attendance nor whether he graduated. [3]. Watts has not been willing to say whether he graduated.[4]

"Anthony began his broadcasting career, in 1978 in Lafayette, Indiana."[5]

Credentials

Credentials held
Watts holds an American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval (a discontinued credential that does not require a bachelor's or higher degree in atmospheric science or meteorology from an accredited college/university)[6] with a status of "retired".[7]

Credentials not held
Some online lists incorrectly refer to Watts as "AMS Certified"[8], but this is incorrect; the American Meteorological Society reserves its "AMS Certified" designation for its Certified Broadcast Meteorologists and Certified Consulting Meteorologists[9], and Watts posesses neither certification.

Now if the temperature measurements are so far off, why are we seeing the rapid melting of the Arctic Ocean ice? The thawing of the Permafrost?

C24A

If you wish to hear what real field scientists are finding, here is where you can get real information;

2009 AGU Fall Meeting: Featured Lectures

These people are Geologists and Geophysicists that actually work in the field, not a washed up tv weatherman without a degree to his name, that puts out nonsense for the ignorant.

As pointed out, Watts is not at all a credible source. And the tactic he is using here is exactly the same as that used by the Tobacco companies in their campaign to cast doubt on the Surgeon General's findings concerning tobacco use and illnesses.

Anthony Watts - SourceWatch

Background and education
Watts grew up around Cincinnati, Ohio and reportedly attended Purdue University[1], studying Electrical Engineering and Meteorology.[2]. Watts's "About" page mentions neither his Purdue attendance nor whether he graduated. [3]. Watts has not been willing to say whether he graduated.[4]

"Anthony began his broadcasting career, in 1978 in Lafayette, Indiana."[5]

Credentials

Credentials held
Watts holds an American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval (a discontinued credential that does not require a bachelor's or higher degree in atmospheric science or meteorology from an accredited college/university)[6] with a status of "retired".[7]

Credentials not held
Some online lists incorrectly refer to Watts as "AMS Certified"[8], but this is incorrect; the American Meteorological Society reserves its "AMS Certified" designation for its Certified Broadcast Meteorologists and Certified Consulting Meteorologists[9], and Watts posesses neither certification.

Now if the temperature measurements are so far off, why are we seeing the rapid melting of the Arctic Ocean ice? The thawing of the Permafrost?

C24A

If you wish to hear what real field scientists are finding, here is where you can get real information;

2009 AGU Fall Meeting: Featured Lectures

These people are Geologists and Geophysicists that actually work in the field, not a washed up tv weatherman without a degree to his name, that puts out nonsense for the ignorant.

Ah yes attack the messenger and ignore what they have to say. Sorry old fraud but that crap ain't going to cut it any more we can PROOVE that the AGW side has falsified data. We can PROOVE that your rump rangers have dropped surface stations that don't give the readings they want, we can PROOVE that Mann has generated his hockey stick through fraudulent manipulation of data, we can PROOVE that the AGW conspirators have invented data where none existed. All your side can do is call us names...well it worked for a while but now the piper is here to be paid and all of your guru's are going to feel the wrath of those who were conned....like I said it is not going to be fun for them.

You can?

Only to the gullible and very ignorant such as people like yourself. Plate tectonics, buddy. You have claimed to have taught Mineralology and Opitical Crystalography, yet haven't the slightest concept of plate tectonics? Find the thought of continents moving ridiculous.

Walleyed, you are a liar and a blowhard.

You can?

Only to the gullible and very ignorant such as people like yourself. Plate tectonics, buddy. You have claimed to have taught Mineralology and Opitical Crystalography, yet haven't the slightest concept of plate tectonics? Find the thought of continents moving ridiculous.

Walleyed, you are a liar and a blowhard.

Yes we can and it will be done in court for you to enjoy! As far as the liar and blowhard bit.....well I learned from you old fraud! And I have to admit you have me stymied on the plate tectonics...what don't I understand? Your use of the english language leaves a lot to be desired at times.

Ah yes attack the messenger and ignore what they have to say.
------------------------

Isn't that what deniers do on a daily basis? I guess now you're going tell us no one has ever made fun of Gore. LOL!!! I don't see how you can keep up this charade. It's so transparent.

Ah yes attack the messenger and ignore what they have to say.
------------------------

Isn't that what deniers do on a daily basis? I guess now you're going tell us no one has ever made fun of Gore. LOL!!! I don't see how you can keep up this charade. It's so transparent.

No konradv,

That's the difference between us and you. You call people names and vilify them but you can't attack their logic or their science because those are solid. We on the other hand do not attack the messenger. We do not attack the science, we do however attack their methodology(or in the case of most of the climatologists spoken about, their complete LACK of methodology) and in the end when you boys are sitting in your holes wondering what the hell happened we will be very happy living our lives.

Forum List

Back