Archie Bunker where are you????

That's what todays assholes don't get. Archie wasn't "racist".. He had buddies that were wops, hebes, polocks,jungle bunnies,beaners, chinks and every other kind of American at the docks, the bar and elsewhere.
Guys like Lionel understood that. So did meathead.
Lionel mocked Archie and Archie drove meathead insane with his ignorant bigoted racism.

All of Archie’s friends were white. Wasn’t Sam the butcher on the Brady bunch stretch Cunningham?
/—-/ Much to their chagrin, the blue collar workers identified with Archie and saw meathead ad an idiot. It was not Lear’s intention

I don't know where you live but it is $4.50 here
then why did you say 12 bucks a pack?..

Chicago, New York, get out and live a little
Illinois $11.50 per pack
New York $12.85

Now you cons can cry about a tax on something like cigarettes and totally ignore the fact that Trump's policies are raising prices.

Anyone stupid enough to smoke cigs deserves to be gouged.
they say the same shit about those who smoke pot....
It’s true. Booze and soda too. These are the things we should tax.

Listen. We got to get the taxes from somewhere. Where do you want to get the money?
your pot revenues should take a big chunk out of it...

One of my favorite girls I've called Woppie for decades. An Italian chick.
My butcher is a gay guy of Chinese decent. I've called him Bruthie( Bruce Lee with a lisp). We been buds for 15 years. And he's a bad mofo with a knife !.
One of my renters is a black dude from Grenada about 5 feet tall. Everyone calls him "Negrito" Little niiger is the translation. He doesn't give a damn. He calls his best bud "Frito Bandito' a Nicaraguan kid named Sebastian.
Nobody gives a fuck. It's not racism. It's shit talk.
Same as black guys pick up the phone and call my shop. 'sup my nigga ? Nada man. Still white as Caspers ass. What's you up to man ? Carjacking or what ?
Been friends with him about 15 years too. He's a Jamaican mon wit dat wasp nest for a hairdo mon.He grins just like Bob Marley. Great guy. Runs a scrapyard here

When I was growing up, All In the Family, as was Rosanne, was the number one show on television....here you had this white middle class racist to core Archie Bunker hating on every nationality known to man, spewing harsh, insulting and cruel insults to amazement of his viewers and for a long time, as a young black teen, I was a hater of Archie Bunker.....but like most Americans I grew to love both Archie and his racism and let me tell you why!!

All in the Family came at a time, when we as Americans needed to laugh. We had yet another ass ho in the white house, the vet war just about ending, high unemployment, inflation, uncertainty and yes our share of racism....BUT WE ALSO HAD A SAFE STABLE BALANCED GOVERNMENT, a news cycle that was honest and fair and we had neighbors that actually held conversations with you after dinner while sitting on your porch. We felt safe.

When it was announced that Rosanne would return, only this time she'll portray herself as a Trump supporter, right away I was turned off...BECAUSE TRUMP'S WORLD HAS NO HUMOR OR LAUGHTER TO IT. I CAN NOT LAUGH OR ENJOY JOKES MADE WITH THIS MAN AND THE CARNAGE OF HATRED HE'S GIVING TO THIS NATION....I knew what type of viewers she'd get and I knew it would be just a matter of time before the laughs would end...., I never dreamed it was be because of her views, I just figured this woman is no Archie Bunker and Trump and this white house is no Nixon.

Ms Barr is entitle to her racist views, but to have a young impressionable black child on that show, to have viewers of all colors watch and enjoy your show, only to have you, Ms Barr spit in thier face with your views publicly....Archie Bunker...where are you? We need to laugh again at ourselves

Funny, I think things are way better now than they were under Nixon. And I laugh plenty-especially at the posts here that we did not have then.

Forum List

Back