Archie bunker on national anthem

Right.
Carroll O'connor played the part. They rehearsed the show, and discussed what Archie was going to say and how it fit with the character each week. After all that, he didn't catch on that Archie was just a regular guy with no racism or bigotry involved.

Is that what you are trying to say?

Then why didn't he become a real bigot and kick out of his home meathead and his daughter?

Because, like many fathers, he would do almost anything he could for his daughter. If you are still confused, go back and watch a few reruns before you ask too many more dumb questions.

And that proves he is not a bigot

I'm ok with discussion, but you just went into nuts-o territory. Check with me if you ever come back.

You have to sometimes when dealing with folks that want to revise history, the fictional person Archie was he was never a bigot at heart and we all knew that, but poster's on the left have to protray it that way.

No. He liked to tell himself he wasn't a bigot. He really believed all the crazy stuff he spouted was true. That's what bigots do.

Right.
Carroll O'connor played the part. They rehearsed the show, and discussed what Archie was going to say and how it fit with the character each week. After all that, he didn't catch on that Archie was just a regular guy with no racism or bigotry involved.

Is that what you are trying to say?

Then why didn't he become a real bigot and kick out of his home meathead and his daughter?

Because, like many fathers, he would do almost anything he could for his daughter. If you are still confused, go back and watch a few reruns before you ask too many more dumb questions.

I'm ok with discussion, but you just went into nuts-o territory. Check with me if you ever come back.

You have to sometimes when dealing with folks that want to revise history, the fictional person Archie was he was never a bigot at heart and we all knew that, but poster's on the left have to protray it that way.
the writers and the actor himself portrayed it that way too.

Once again you didn't post no links and you pisses me off I almost caught a fish..i have been night fishing down here in south Carolina.

Once again you didn't post no links and you pisses me off I almost caught a fish..i have been night fishing down here in south Carolina.
With your intellect level I'm pretty sure the fish almost caught you.

More to fishing than just catching fish. Mosquitos?

Screw Liberals.

Everything they stand of is directly opposed to what this country was founded upon and is supposed to be about.

They should get the Hell out of my country and go make CUBA, or Venezuela Great Again.

Still want to say he was a bigot?

Still want to say he was a bigot?

Yes, he was a bigot. It just embarrassed him when it was pointed out how much of a bigot he was.

Just a reminder to the young and uniformed, this has been going on for a while before kap

I salute during the national anthem. What other people do is up to them. There are people that have justified bitches with the Federal and local governments. What they do to bring attention to those bitches is up to them. Whether they get the results they desire will be judged from the type of action they chose. One that hurts no one, but brings attention to their problems is acceptable.

Forum List

Back