Archaeological evidence of Mormonism

Just because millions of people practice a religion, it doesn't mean it's real or, in this case, "alive." Mormonism is a cult. That's a given. However, Judaism spoke of a Savior and they got one. If a Jew wants to get to Heaven, he has to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The Messiah was promised in several books of the Old Testament. If they choose not to believe, they are lost. There is no hope for them. To put it another way, they are dead and so is the religion they practice.

Somehow I don't believe that. I'm a Christian and I do not believe that everyone that doesn't know Christ will end up in hell. Christ taught that God was a forgiving God, why wouldn't he forgive those that don't know any better?

I love my sister in law, she's a Budist and I do not believe for one second that a forgiving God would send her to hell. Believe as you wish, I will believe as I wish.

You would think after the 1940's that a Jew would not preach hate towards another religion. Ohh well so much for learning from the past.

Want to play semantic games? EVERY Religion is a cult BY definition. Look the word up. After almost 200 years the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is STILL attacked. But then if you read the bible you will see that is to be expected.

Might want to look up Faith while you are at it. Faith is a belief with out evidence. Are you all saying that Jewish and non Mormon Christian religions all LACK Faith? I suggest you read the bible about the need for Faith.

As for no one seeing the plates, wrong again, there were witnesses to the plates.

A Christian can believe what they wish because there is evidence to support Christianity. There's Israel, for example. The city of Bethlehem not only exists, but the place where Rabbi Joshua was born exists today. Evidence of the Roman Empire exists. Evidence of the very beginnings of Christianity exists. When you have overwhelming evidence that everything that the book says happened, actually happened, it makes believing a heckuva lot easier.

Mormonism, however; has no evidence that any of the battles occurred, that any of the people existed and how funny is it to believe that Lucifer and Jesus were actually brothers!

It was as if the survivors of the war had cleaned up the entire scene... they had somehow vaporized tens of thousands of bodies and everything else to do with the war.

Every been to Salt Lake City?

Every notice how clean it is?

Say what you want about the Mormons, they're a tidy people.

Why don't you do a little history research, Eots? Palestine was created by the League of Nations for the.............. say it with me now... JEWS! So to say re-naming Palestine into Israel is stealing land from the Jews to give it to the Jews is like taking sugar out of your cupboard and putting it back in the cupboard.

except that the league of nations didn't take palestine away from jews. they took it away from palis. so, no, it's more like taking sugar out of a palisinian cupboard and then kicking his fucking ass out of his home so that a jew could claim the cupboard, the sugar AND the fucking newly "jewish" neighborhood.

ps, if ANY other ethnicity tried to set up an ethnic criteria for premium citizenship we'd be all over them with criticism (german, south africa)... But when a jew does it... well.. anything less would be antisemitic!

A Christian can believe what they wish because there is evidence to support Christianity. There's Israel, for example. The city of Bethlehem not only exists, but the place where Rabbi Joshua was born exists today. Evidence of the Roman Empire exists. Evidence of the very beginnings of Christianity exists. When you have overwhelming evidence that everything that the book says happened, actually happened, it makes believing a heckuva lot easier.

Mormonism, however; has no evidence that any of the battles occurred, that any of the people existed and how funny is it to believe that Lucifer and Jesus were actually brothers!

Listen, dude.. The Parthenon is evidence that the greek pantheon existed to greeks. Tell me, how does that make you want to believe in Athena?

Last edited:
Neither of your statements have anything to do with the facts I posted. Religion is based upon beliefs with evidence to back them up. Christianity and Islam each have evidence and they each derive from Judaism, which has massive amounts of evidence. Mormonism has zero. If you'd like to debate the merits of believing in a religion, even though it has been dis-proven, I'm all ears.

Actually religion is the total rejection of facts in favor of faith.

What is the age of the earth? How old is the earth?

Whatever the case, there is always good reason to trust the Word of God over the words of atheistic scientists with an evolutionary agenda.

And what about that whole judge not thing you religious types are supposed to live by?

Actually religion is the total rejection of facts in favor of faith.

What is the age of the earth? How old is the earth?

Whatever the case, there is always good reason to trust the Word of God over the words of atheistic scientists with an evolutionary agenda.

And what about that whole judge not thing you religious types are supposed to live by?

DavidS is living proof of a retard and religiously intolerant ass. He completely ignores his own religions history of oppression and death and visits it on another religion. Why? Cause they do not support his POLITICAL agenda.

It seems kind of silly to claim archeological evidence of any religion. No one denies that religions exist. The existence of a religion does not prove that what the believers believe is fact.

The Church is divided, the main stream LDS Church rejects polygamy which is what Jospeph Smith practiced. He was a freemason and alot of the religion has roots in what freemasons have believed for many years. The Golden Tablets can also be interpreted as metaphor, Depending on who you talk to you will get a different interpretation and version of what mormons believe by mormons. There have been devout mormons who have moved to utah and said they were so excited to be here but once they got here they felt snubbed and disenchanted. I am told by them that the LDS church in other states besides Utah is warm and welcoming & humble, yet in utah itself there is an edge of snobbery here. As far as belief goes mormons who are questioning something critical in there own life are encouraged to "pray" about it and gain insight from that. While they do study the book of mormon and some do believe it literally some dont. It really depends on who you talk to.

DavidS I can tell by your arguements that you really havent looked into this subject all that much if you had you would have come across a lot of evidence because the book of mormon takes place in central south america and it appears that you are looking for all the evadence in north america. Also if you look into the Hill Camora thing it is very evident that the hill that the gold plates were buried in was not the hill that the final battle occured on and if you actually read the book of mormon you will also realize that it never said that the hill that it was buried in was the hill that the battle occurred on. Also you want to see a website that actually does research into Ancient book of mormon site...

Since I dont have enough posts to post a URL, go and google FARMS they specifically research this subject.

Forum List

Back