Archaeological evidence of Mormonism

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
I keep saying. Archaeologists find evidence almost daily which supports every word of the bible...and have never found a thing to disprove it.

Kinda disheartening for the scoffers.

When we dig through Israel, we find archaeological evidence of Judaism and Christianity. When we dig through the Arab lands, we find evidence of Islam's roots. When we dig through North American lands, we find thousands of years of evidence of Native American life, culture and religion.

Yet, according to the Book of Mormon, the battle fought between the Nephites and Lamanites took place in North America. Upstate New York to be precise. And archaeologists have done dig after dig after dig... combing the entire area that the Book of Mormon believes the battle occurred. And guess what? Zero evidence. Not one coin. Not one arrowhead. Nothing. It was as if the survivors of the war had cleaned up the entire scene... they had somehow vaporized tens of thousands of bodies and everything else to do with the war. Except there were no survivors. Mormonism ceased to exist until Joseph Smith found the Gold Plates which had the entire Book of Mormon transcribed on them.

I conclude since these golden plates were never actually found, not one shred of evidence whatsoever has ever been found relating to the events described in the Book of Mormon, that this entire religion is based upon complete fiction. Joseph Smith was known for his tall tales.

What is equally interesting about this is that there are 13 million people who believe in this false religion worldwide. People who are so gulliable to believe such a fake religion, they are willing to sell their souls to do believe in it.

So now you are busy attacking another religion, How upstanding of you. Remind us how well fear and loathing and hate worked out for European Jews in the 30's and 40's.

That's almost as bad as the Jewish people rejecting Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Now the Jews practice a dead religion. How silly is that?

Neither of your statements have anything to do with the facts I posted. Religion is based upon beliefs with evidence to back them up. Christianity and Islam each have evidence and they each derive from Judaism, which has massive amounts of evidence. Mormonism has zero. If you'd like to debate the merits of believing in a religion, even though it has been dis-proven, I'm all ears.

Neither of your statements have anything to do with the facts I posted. Religion is based upon beliefs with evidence to back them up. Christianity and Islam each have evidence and they each derive from Judaism, which has massive amounts of evidence. Mormonism has zero. If you'd like to debate the merits of believing in a religion, even though it has been dis-proven, I'm all ears.

You have not dis-proven anything. Isn't it funny how a Jew would encourage hate and attack another religion after the history of the Jews is known to him.

Mormonism is a cult, Judaism is a dead religion.

The point: Followers of both of these religions are lost and will suffer eternal damnation. End of story.

Mormonism is a cult, Judaism is a dead religion.

The point: Followers of both of these religions are lost and will suffer eternal damnation. End of story.

How is Judaism a dead religion?

Mormonism could indeed be called a cult.

I think people should believe whatever they want to believe. I mean, hey, it's faith, it doesn't need any evidence. It's supposed to be something you feel.

That being said, what I've heard about Mormonism is... I mean, the whole Jesus resurrecting in America bit, a battle between whites and natives in the first century AD, hidden plates in Colorado... Well, I guess I don't really have anything nice to say.

How is Judaism a dead religion?

Mormonism could indeed be called a cult.

Just because millions of people practice a religion, it doesn't mean it's real or, in this case, "alive." Mormonism is a cult. That's a given. However, Judaism spoke of a Savior and they got one. If a Jew wants to get to Heaven, he has to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The Messiah was promised in several books of the Old Testament. If they choose not to believe, they are lost. There is no hope for them. To put it another way, they are dead and so is the religion they practice.

I always thought that after ww2 they should have given the Jews half of Utah for a homeland.. instead of stealing it from the Palestine

Why don't you do a little history research, Eots? Palestine was created by the League of Nations for the.............. say it with me now... JEWS! So to say re-naming Palestine into Israel is stealing land from the Jews to give it to the Jews is like taking sugar out of your cupboard and putting it back in the cupboard.

Just because millions of people practice a religion, it doesn't mean it's real or, in this case, "alive." Mormonism is a cult. That's a given. However, Judaism spoke of a Savior and they got one. If a Jew wants to get to Heaven, he has to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The Messiah was promised in several books of the Old Testament. If they choose not to believe, they are lost. There is no hope for them. To put it another way, they are dead and so is the religion they practice.

Judaism spoke of a savior that would meet a certain criteria. The Christians discarded that criteria and said that Rabbi Yesheweh would meet that criteria next time. When he does, we'll worship him. Until then, we choose not to believe the completely new circumstances surrounding the "messiah." That's very simple.

Judaism spoke of a savior that would meet a certain criteria. The Christians discarded that criteria and said that Rabbi Yesheweh would meet that criteria next time. When he does, we'll worship him. Until then, we choose not to believe the completely new circumstances surrounding the "messiah." That's very simple.

I'm well aware of Jewish rationalizing. You'll get one more chance. Don't miss it.

Why don't you do a little history research, Eots? Palestine was created by the League of Nations for the.............. say it with me now... JEWS! So to say re-naming Palestine into Israel is stealing land from the Jews to give it to the Jews is like taking sugar out of your cupboard and putting it back in the cupboard.
Typical Zionist lies and double talk.

Stealing is stealing!!

No matter how much sugar you are switching between your fantasy cupboards.

Typical Zionist lies and double talk.

Stealing is stealing!!

No matter how much sugar you are switching between your fantasy cupboards.

Stealing from the Jews and giving back to the Jews isn't stealing. It's re-naming a piece of dirt that has thousands of years of history to it tied to the Jewish religion. How would you like it if the Buddhists all of a sudden declared Mecca their own?

Anyway, this thread is about Mormonism.

Much as I hate to, I have to agree with DavidS.

There has NEVER been one single shread of evidence, artifact, or piece of pottery ever found to back up the claims of Mormonism.

Last edited:
yes we I love the Jewish people..I just have some issues...with the sacred cow status
Israel enjoys..but lets put that aside in the spirt of goodwill and bash some Mormons !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVOK42o4E0]YouTube - Magic Mormon Underwear[/ame]

You would think after the 1940's that a Jew would not preach hate towards another religion. Ohh well so much for learning from the past.

Want to play semantic games? EVERY Religion is a cult BY definition. Look the word up. After almost 200 years the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is STILL attacked. But then if you read the bible you will see that is to be expected.

Might want to look up Faith while you are at it. Faith is a belief with out evidence. Are you all saying that Jewish and non Mormon Christian religions all LACK Faith? I suggest you read the bible about the need for Faith.

As for no one seeing the plates, wrong again, there were witnesses to the plates.

Forum List

Back