Archaeological evidence of Mormonism

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by DavidS, Nov 8, 2008.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    When we dig through Israel, we find archaeological evidence of Judaism and Christianity. When we dig through the Arab lands, we find evidence of Islam's roots. When we dig through North American lands, we find thousands of years of evidence of Native American life, culture and religion.

Yet, according to the Book of Mormon, the battle fought between the Nephites and Lamanites took place in North America. Upstate New York to be precise. And archaeologists have done dig after dig after dig... combing the entire area that the Book of Mormon believes the battle occurred. And guess what? Zero evidence. Not one coin. Not one arrowhead. Nothing. It was as if the survivors of the war had cleaned up the entire scene... they had somehow vaporized tens of thousands of bodies and everything else to do with the war. Except there were no survivors. Mormonism ceased to exist until Joseph Smith found the Gold Plates which had the entire Book of Mormon transcribed on them.

I conclude since these golden plates were never actually found, not one shred of evidence whatsoever has ever been found relating to the events described in the Book of Mormon, that this entire religion is based upon complete fiction. Joseph Smith was known for his tall tales.

What is equally interesting about this is that there are 13 million people who believe in this false religion worldwide. People who are so gulliable to believe such a fake religion, they are willing to sell their souls to do believe in it.

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    So now you are busy attacking another religion, How upstanding of you. Remind us how well fear and loathing and hate worked out for European Jews in the 30's and 40's.

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    That's almost as bad as the Jewish people rejecting Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Now the Jews practice a dead religion. How silly is that?

4. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Neither of your statements have anything to do with the facts I posted. Religion is based upon beliefs with evidence to back them up. Christianity and Islam each have evidence and they each derive from Judaism, which has massive amounts of evidence. Mormonism has zero. If you'd like to debate the merits of believing in a religion, even though it has been dis-proven, I'm all ears.

5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    You have not dis-proven anything. Isn't it funny how a Jew would encourage hate and attack another religion after the history of the Jews is known to him.

6. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Mormonism is a cult, Judaism is a dead religion.

The point: Followers of both of these religions are lost and will suffer eternal damnation. End of story.

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    Sure thing, how about you butt out? End of Story.

8. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    How is Judaism a dead religion?

Mormonism could indeed be called a cult.

9. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    I always thought that after ww2 they should have given the Jews half of Utah for a homeland.. instead of stealing it from the Palestine

10. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    I think people should believe whatever they want to believe. I mean, hey, it's faith, it doesn't need any evidence. It's supposed to be something you feel.

That being said, what I've heard about Mormonism is... I mean, the whole Jesus resurrecting in America bit, a battle between whites and natives in the first century AD, hidden plates in Colorado... Well, I guess I don't really have anything nice to say.