Arafat - the Monster

KarlMarx said:
OK, so let's make the Israelis leave. Where would you send them?

Hitler was going to butcher them. The Soviets and Russians would have done the same. Where were the Jews going to go? Would you have them here?

Frankly, if the state of Israel ceased to exist, the Mid East would have no democracy (outside of Iraq, which is struggling at the moment). Do you think that the US is allied with Israel solely out of goodness? No. The Israelis are helping us in the war on terror, are providing a balance against the anti-American forces in the region. How would that help American interests?

As I recall, a lot of mass migrations was happening during the time of the Exodus. The Hyksos, the so called Sea Peoples, the Libyans, a lot of people were migrating.

As an aside, the Germans, the French, and many of the Slavic people are not the native people of the countries where they live either.

Exactly my point. They are not the native peoples of the land on which they live. It is simply ridiculous to recognize such claims going back even 200 years, let alone over 2000.

As for the "democracy" in the Middle East argument, what is your point? Is it the place of the USA to establish US style democracies in every region of the world? Is it our place to move foriegners into such locations so they can establish such "democracies" on other peoples land which exclude those other people? Even if democracy is contrary to their culture and religion?

Israel got US support because the Zionist Jews had tremendous political power in the USA and no one else in the USA really cared about that part of the world. Millions of Jews lived thoughout the Arab world in peaceful co-existance with their Arab neighbors for over a millenia until the Zionist movement began talking about establishing a "homeland" in Israel in the early 20th century. The hatred we see between the Jews and Arabs is a realtively new phenomna.

Jewish persecution by the Germans and other European nations does not justify their persecution of the people of palastine.

Working Man said:
I doubt many who think Arafat was an Ahole have the balls to put up with the crap that he did, day in and out. He lived in a hell that many who peck at keyboards for ha ha's could ever fathom.

His ability to put a face on the Palistinian cause was heroic.

No, I don't agree with murdering inocent people Jews or Arabs. But Israel, and the radical Jews who inhabit that country are no better creatures than Arafat.

I do hope that the incoming regime can put a handle on terrorism committed by the Palistinians, and thus lead the way to a sucessful peace process. But,, I also hope that GWB, Tony Blair, the Frogs, and all other super powers can put the reins on the Israelis who are hell bent to conquer then divide Palistinian land, and its people, into non existance.

Arafat was not a perfect man, but I can neither condone, nor condemn the man when ancient Palistinian olive gardens, and homes, are being bulldozed flat to make room for imported aliens on illegaly annexed land.

Horseshit, nothin but pure horseshit!!! :bsflag:

Forum List

Back